Who do you hope to win?

August

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Website
augustonsports.blogspot.com
Not one of those who do you think will win threads but who do you hope.

The one I'd like to win the most is Tsonga. Obviously in a good form as he won Toronto but he doesn't have many more years on the top. I wouldn't also mind another long-time favourite of mine, Ferrer, to win, even though I almost think he can still be on his current level for some time, so this isn't as much of a last chance for him. On the other hand, Ferrer seems more like the one of those who needs weaker level of tennis from his opposition so this might be his chance if he played well. Then again, Tsonga ending up being slamless would feel more of an injustice, it it's an injustice at all.

Federer winning would be cool, too. He may not anymore get as good a chance to win one more slam. And I like Wawrinka's game, him winning another slam would be cool. Also, Berdych's been close to the top so long that I'd like him to win a slam one day.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well... Novak! Then I really don't care between the other people who have reasonable shots. I guess someone new, would be my preference, if Novak doesn't win.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger, if not him then Nole. Though if Roger makes the final this is one I'm hoping Novak will be sitting out. He can go back to his lovely wife and enjoy her company :)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Roger, if not him then Nole. Though if Roger makes the final this is one I'm hoping Novak will be sitting out. He can go back to his lovely wife and enjoy her company :)

Yeah, my head tells me Novak would beat Roger in a best-of-five hard court final, but my heart (who I hope to win, in the spirit of this thread) says Roger or Andy.

EDIT: Looks like Murray is losing any possibility of winning today, nevertheless the tournament ... :(

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I think one thing is for certain any time Roger plays Nole or Rafa at a major from here on out: he has to win in 3 or 4 or there is next to no chance.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Murray but that ain't happening. To be honest I've pretty much written this year off. I think Djokovic will win.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Nole, what a shocker:snigger

The other 2 Serbian guys don't have any chances...

After that Eph 3...and then I don't have any preferences.:exclamation:

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
My top phive hopephuls, in order, are/were...
1) Youzhny or Phabio: Youzhny is already out, so there's one down.
2) Kevin Anderson
3) Phederer or Djokovic: Either one is phine with me.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am hoping Novak can win,other than him I would not mind a surprise winner,maybe Jo Willy.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
The Aussie sheep in me says Kyrgios or Tomic.

But on a more serious note, Federer. I'd love to see him win one more GS. This time last year, he looked like he was on the (rather fast) decline, and so often you hear about Federer being too old to win another major or whatever. To see him win would actually be a pretty emotional experience.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1) Murray
2) Nole
3) Ferrer
4) Tsonga
in that order

Aung Aung

Reactions
Murray or Fed. Tsonga as a surprise winner would be awesome too .

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1. Federer
2. Dimitrov
3. Tsonga
4. Ferrer
5. Coric

(I know, the fifth is not going to happen for a few years at least, but I like the kid)

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
My list is long like dude's
But in a different order.

Roger
Milos
Big John
Dimi
Ferrer
Jo Willy
Gasquet!

From day to day and moment to moment, it can rotate between above, but it's been mainly Roger getting 18

Makes sense?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'd like to see a Swiss guy in his 30's win it - minimum qualification: 17 majors.

Anyone holding the trophy who meets the criteria will make me happy - I'm not fussy.