What is art?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
On Friday I went to our Sydney Art Gallery ( I am a member) to see Masterpieces from the Centre Pompidou,Paris,Life and Spirit,Henri Matisse.
Exclusive to Sydney,the exhibition takes you on an exceptional journey into the art of Henri Matisse over the course of six decades.It explores the colour and energy that made him one of the most influential artists and the constant innovation he brought to his work.
Matisse's drawings,sculpture and his legendary cut-outs were on display.One of my favorites is Blue Nude11 (Nu bleu 11)
The gallery also created one of his masterpieces in Matisse later years,Chapel of the Rosary in Vence,the chapel was a total work of art, Matisse designing the building,its decoration and furniture.Matisse used several techniques,drawing,sculpture and gouache cut -outs.Matisse wanted to create a space that combined light,colour and design in one place.Matisse wanted visitors to the chapel experience a lightening of the spirit.,even without being believers,they find themselves in an environment where the spirit is elevated.
It was wonderful to sit in the middle of the chapel and reflect.This exhibition was one of the finest I have had the pleasure to attend.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
On Friday I went to our Sydney Art Gallery ( I am a member) to see Masterpieces from the Centre Pompidou,Paris,Life and Spirit,Henri Matisse.
Exclusive to Sydney,the exhibition takes you on an exceptional journey into the art of Henri Matisse over the course of six decades.It explores the colour and energy that made him one of the most influential artists and the constant innovation he brought to his work.
Matisse's drawings,sculpture and his legendary cut-outs were on display.One of my favorites is Blue Nude11 (Nu bleu 11)
The gallery also created one of his masterpieces in Matisse later years,Chapel of the Rosary in Vence,the chapel was a total work of art, Matisse designing the building,its decoration and furniture.Matisse used several techniques,drawing,sculpture and gouache cut -outs.Matisse wanted to create a space that combined light,colour and design in one place.Matisse wanted visitors to the chapel experience a lightening of the spirit.,even without being believers,they find themselves in an environment where the spirit is elevated.
It was wonderful to sit in the middle of the chapel and reflect.This exhibition was one of the finest I have had the pleasure to attend.
I'm glad you enjoyed your art gallery trip. It sounds like the exhibition was a really good 1.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm glad you enjoyed your art gallery trip. It sounds like the exhibition was a really good 1.
Thanks it was a wonderful tournament.At the gallery we had to be double vaccinated,wear masks and keep at reasonable distance,these days it is common,regardless I am so glad I went.

Horsa

Reactions
Thanks it was a wonderful tournament.At the gallery we had to be double vaccinated,wear masks and keep at reasonable distance,these days it is common,regardless I am so glad I went.
You're welcome.

I've had both my jabs & my booster. I like the idea of people keeping their distance from others as I think that before this people didn't always give others enough personal space. (Some people were comfortable with others being close but others weren't.) I can't breathe properly with a mask on for too long.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at the art gallery. I enjoy going to art galleries sometimes.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You're welcome.

I've had both my jabs & my booster. I like the idea of people keeping their distance from others as I think that before this people didn't always give others enough personal space. (Some people were comfortable with others being close but others weren't.) I can't breathe properly with a mask on for too long.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at the art gallery. I enjoy going to art galleries sometimes.
I am used to masks as I work in a hospital,full PPE, though it is nice when you have a day off not to wear a mask,oh well,this is the world we live in at present,just have to accept and move on as best as possible.

Horsa

Reactions
I am used to masks as I work in a hospital,full PPE, though it is nice when you have a day off not to wear a mask,oh well,this is the world we live in at present,just have to accept and move on as best as possible.
I understand. (I suffer from slight bronchitis so will never be able to breathe properly in masks for a long time.) It is nice not have to wear masks all the time. (People working in hospitals do a brilliant job & I respect & admire them for what they do. I worked in a hospital once but my job wasn't very important. I was only a hospital librarian.) I agree we have to follow rules so that we can have as full & free a life as possible while keeping everyone safe & healthy.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer