Watching greatness

Tennis Miller

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Watching Russell Wilson go head to head with Peyton Manning reminds me of the Federer/Sampras Wimbledon match. My television screen is bursting with the aura of past, present, and future greatness on display.
Cheers
TM

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hmmm. That was an interesting comparison. I seriously doubt that Wilson will eclipse Manning's records as thoroughly as Fed did Pete's. Nevertheless, it was an excellent game.

:celeb:

Tennis Miller

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Hmmm. That was an interesting comparison. I seriously doubt that Wilson will eclipse Manning's records as thoroughly as Fed did Pete's. Nevertheless, it was an excellent game.

:celeb:

You may be right. But it should be noted that Wilson already has the same number of "majors" [Super Bowls] as Peyton. And by the looks of that amazing game the other night, Wilson is due a few more.

Cheers

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Things change fast in the NFL. I remember thinking GB would have a dynasty a few years ago led by Rodgers and now they've been passed up by a lot of teams. So nobody is due SB rings, it is just very difficult to repeat and win a lot of rings in this day and age. Wilson is a great player though (too bad Wisconsin only had him 1 year in college).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
TM got it correct .. Russell Wilson is very good. Sure he doesnt have the pedigree as Peyton or Brady but his winning percentage and efficiency is outstanding.. I wouldn't declare him as Great that's just to premature with is small sampling of work but like I said on the other thread.. I would take him over Colin Kap and the other rising qbs in the game. The kid has some real fortitude(you can't teach or coach that.. either you have it or you don't)