The greatness of Randy Moss....

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agreed with him when he indicated that he is more talented than Jerry Rice. I think that reality is pretty straightforward.

His 2007 year was sublime. Look at these incredible highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyZpPAzHUKE

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
I agreed with him when he indicated that he is more talented than Jerry Rice. I think that reality is pretty straightforward.

He didn't say he was the most talented. He said he was the greatest receiver to ever play the game. There is a difference. IMO, Rice still deserves that mantle.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
calitennis127 said:

He didn't say he was the most talented. He said he was the greatest receiver to ever play the game. There is a difference. IMO, Rice still deserves that mantle.

Yes, I know that. That is what I chose my words carefully when I said "he indicated that he is more talented than Jerry Rice".

Everyone took his comments a bit too literally, in a statistical sense, if you ask me. Randy Moss obviously doesn't think that 157 touchdowns is superior to 200 touchdowns. What he meant was that no one could take over a game the way he could, not even Jerry Rice. I would argue that T.O. could, and maybe a small handful of others. But the point is, Moss was not wrong to characterize his ability in that way.

I mean, when you look at his highlights from 2007, you can see that it doesn't get much better than that.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
thanks for enlightening us on what exactly Randy meant there, and providing us with a highlight reel to prove your point.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
johnsteinbeck said:
thanks for enlightening us on what exactly Randy meant there, and providing us with a highlight reel to prove your point.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but either way, no problem.

Moss was right, and far too much throughout his career at that, and that was his problem (as it was TO's problem as well).

Two very intelligent people with a perfectionist mindset.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Randy Moss was a very unique takent but he only plays for himself, he Never sacrificed his body to go across the middle to catch a big pass if the possibility of getting hammered was at a high. Sure, he could stretch the field but I would take Michael Irvin, Rice and TO over Moss any day. Just ask yourself, if you had a receiver to make a play with your well being at risk, would it be Moss, Hell no , Imo.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Randy Moss was a very unique takent but he only plays for himself, he Never sacrificed his body to go across the middle to catch a big pass if the possibility of getting hammered was at a high. Sure, he could stretch the field but I would take Michael Irvin, Rice and TO over Moss any day. Just ask yourself, if you had a receiver to make a play with your well being at risk, would it be Moss, Hell no , Imo.

We have a winner :clap Moss might be the most talented receiver ever from a physical standpoint. 6'4 and crazy athleticism but he is not the greatest by a long shot.

I'd say it might be more accurate to call him the biggest deep threat in NFL history but that's where it ends. The guy barely ever went over the middle and was afraid to take big hits so he often went out of bounds instead of trying to pick up the extra yards. Moss even admitted to taking plays off throughout his career and I'd say he didn't age all that well either.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Other Sports 5
C Other Sports 7