US Politics Thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the topic doesn't upset me. Can you please stop trying to diagnose my mood? I'm happy to discuss the topic. If you go back to my initial comment, I said I thought it was bad politics. I maintain that. It's Easter. Biden's Easter tweet was beyond perfect. That was pretty much for the whole country. Tweeting about transgenderism wasn't. It was stupid. He didn't need to go there, he's not winning new voters doing that. He might lose some though, that's my point. That's why it's bad politics. I'm well aware that it's his campaign team controlling his twitter account. I'm not actually going at Biden directly. It concerns me that he has some virtue signalling idiots controlling his account. But I wonder whether his account tweeted anything about prostrate cancer last September. If he didn't, but he posted about this transgender day nonsense then he needs to fire his team
I was surprised you dropped the F-bomb. Obviously, you were pretty aggravated. And you went past the politics, which you said you wanted to discuss, and straight to how you feel about the issue. Plus, you bring it up a lot. I'm not talking about your mood...I'm talking about your attitude to the subject.

He did make a statement on Prostate Cancer Awareness day:

I can't tell you if it got posted on twitter, but it's the same kind of statement that he made on Transgender Visibility Day, which is where they took it from.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Your democracy is an illusion. As no doubt you will call Russia's "democracy" an illusion. Democracy in itself is a noble idea. Unfortunately like all systems operated by humans, it is open to corruption, and most democracies are utterly corrupted. More like three wolves and two sheep voting on what to have for dinner. And you're actually a Republic rather than a traditional democracy if we want to get specific about it.
My democracy?
Order from chaos is the particular mantra of a brotherhood... yet your research led you to a Norwegian rock band... Never mind, lol.
Yes, I thought it was hilarious, too. And I was kind of joking, though, given some of the ideas, I wasn't sure. But, seriously, how was I going to get to the mantra of a specific brotherhood without help? It's a bit passive-aggressive to just say "Look it up," and then feel misunderstood, innit?
I don't "pretend" to be an original thinker or claim to be one. Most ideas have been discussed before. However, I am an interested in tech, and see the patterns replicated in ancient antiquity, and if you actually looked at Plato and the great philosophers there is a lot in there. Indeed, the stuff flying around from the alchemists hundreds of years ago is perhaps way more advanced than you can imagine... although if you don't know how your own Wifi works then it's probably not something you need to be looking at anyway.
Actually, you do "pretend" that you see more than others do. As in, "my democracy," and guessing at what I think about Russia, and implying that I don't know how my wifi works. It's not even disguised arrogance.

However, as you like dealing in "facts" - look at your national debt and the state of your cities. These predators masquerding as your saviours are creaming off millions and laughing all the way to the bank, while you and your ilk beg for more of their "solutions". "Govern me harder master". With regard to Plato, step out of the bloody cave.
What do you know about the state of our cities, except for what you hear on right-wing media? Seriously? I have a friend who lives in far-west rural NJ, in a very Trumpian area. She and her husband come into the city all the time for theatre, etc. She has friends who wonder that she's not completely fearful, because of what they hear, from the chatter-sphere and Fox. When we met at Christmas, for brunch, and to see the tree in Rockefeller Center, and the windows, etc., she told me of the fears of her neighbors. We laughed. And after I took the subway home, I texted her to tell her friends that, not only was I NOT shot in the subway, on the way home, I wasn't even shot AT. :face-with-tears-of-joy: FFS.

And I will have a problem with anyone who needs to put "facts" in quotation marks.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Biden has more than twice the money that Trump does, in his war chest, and Trump is still spending his on his legal issues. This could be a problem for Trump.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Biden has more than twice the money that Trump does, in his war chest, and Trump is still spending his on his legal issues. This could be a problem for Trump.

It really doesn't matter! Trump could sit it lard arse around doing absolutely nothing & would still be "in charge!" The lower level human beings we call people :negative: "on the right" "back him" to the hilt! He's a felon w/ cases going on forcing him to use most available funds to pay legal fees! He lost over $80 M to a woman just b/c he can't keep his mouth shut, totally besmirching her reputation when his is in a sewer! Judges have told him to STFU & for some reason, probably fear of retribution from the cretins supporting the man, they've allowed him to walk free! Others would be under a jail by now! Like Beyonce's BeeHive, you're not allowed to say anything against their KING! For some reason, his supporters don't care that he undermined our democracy, Jan. 6th! Past assoc. are warning the people not to vote for him! Other politicians are raving against him! Trump still owns the Repubican Party! They'll eventually become an irrelevant party as they're close to losing the HOUSE while in session! I don't think that's ever happened in the history of Congress! That's how incompetent rightwingers are at this time! They get brownie points by just being obstructionists I guess! As a Senior, I could have missed the current state of affairs! "Lord take me!" It distresses me to no end as this country has become so delusional, trying to run other people's business abroad, & we can't get our own $#!t together! Race is still a serious issue, being exacerbated by conservatives who go out of their way to separate us rather than cooperate & get along! The word "compromise" has been deleted from their brains! If a Republican even hints at it, they're "primaried" as they run some psycho Mega-Trumper to take their place! The good ones have left & others are leaving in a way to hurt the party as they're down to 1 Majority Vote in the HOUSE! Jeffers can be voted in as Speaker w/i a couple weeks as these fools flail around unable to get anything done! The only thing saving us is they're shooting themselves in the foot, leg, arm, & soon to be head!:face-with-head-bandage: :angry-face: :face-with-symbols-on-mouth: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My democracy?

Yes, I thought it was hilarious, too. And I was kind of joking, though, given some of the ideas, I wasn't sure. But, seriously, how was I going to get to the mantra of a specific brotherhood without help? It's a bit passive-aggressive to just say "Look it up," and then feel misunderstood, innit?

Actually, you do "pretend" that you see more than others do. As in, "my democracy," and guessing at what I think about Russia, and implying that I don't know how my wifi works. It's not even disguised arrogance.

What do you know about the state of our cities, except for what you hear on right-wing media? Seriously? I have a friend who lives in far-west rural NJ, in a very Trumpian area. She and her husband come into the city all the time for theatre, etc. She has friends who wonder that she's not completely fearful, because of what they hear, from the chatter-sphere and Fox. When we met at Christmas, for brunch, and to see the tree in Rockefeller Center, and the windows, etc., she told me of the fears of her neighbors. We laughed. And after I took the subway home, I texted her to tell her friends that, not only was I NOT shot in the subway, on the way home, I wasn't even shot AT. :face-with-tears-of-joy: FFS.

And I will have a problem with anyone who needs to put "facts" in quotation marks.

When your sole response to something is "Bullshit" with little other discourse then yes, it's possible that you don't know something related to a particular subject. I did work in military defence for a number of years, so I might know a little more about certain topics relating to that field than you. No big deal, but if you were explaining some theories related to film-making, then you'd probably find it rather silly for someone to just cry bullshit too. I will create a seperate thread to try and explain in a better way what I mean about frequency manipulation and how it applies to the modern world.

As for presuming what you know and see? Didn't you just do the same in the post above? and in your previous post to Federberg? You're also making an incorrect assumption that I've never been to the United States. Most of the rest of what I see comes from people trying to resolve problems at grass-roots level in the community, and recording it. They also complain about the vast sums of money floating around that never filter down. I barely watch any mainstream media these days.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
When your sole response to something is "Bullshit" with little other discourse then yes, it's possible that you don't know something related to a particular subject. I did work in military defence for a number of years, so I might know a little more about certain topics relating to that field than you. No big deal, but if you were explaining some theories related to film-making, then you'd probably find it rather silly for someone to just cry bullshit too. I will create a seperate thread to try and explain in a better way what I mean about frequency manipulation and how it applies to the modern world.
I rarely make a one-word response, so, I probably illuminated my thoughts about "bullshit." And, let's not kid ourselves, no one here is going to get controversial over film theory. Funny, my parents were scientists in military defense, so don't assume that I don't understand anything about that.

But, yes, please do make a separate thread.
As for presuming what you know and see? Didn't you just do the same in the post above? and in your previous post to Federberg? You're also making an incorrect assumption that I've never been to the United States.
Look, you guys assume a lot about me, and I do the same. We've all done it, and just in the past few posts. Did I say that I assumed you'd never been to the US? No, I only said that you don't live here, and talked about what it's like to live here, in my experience. I do think that that has validity. You might at least acknowledge what I said, as valuable. Or, at the very least, you should stop trying to tell me what it's like to live in my own city or country.
Most of the rest of what I see comes from people trying to resolve problems at grass-roots level in the community, and recording it. They also complain about the vast sums of money floating around that never filter down. I barely watch any mainstream media these days.
We can agree on this. I have a problem with the vast sums of money out there that don't filter down. Reagan's "trickle down" theory...speaking of bullshit. ;)

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I was surprised you dropped the F-bomb. Obviously, you were pretty aggravated. And you went past the politics, which you said you wanted to discuss, and straight to how you feel about the issue. Plus, you bring it up a lot. I'm not talking about your mood...I'm talking about your attitude to the subject.

He did make a statement on Prostate Cancer Awareness day:

I can't tell you if it got posted on twitter, but it's the same kind of statement that he made on Transgender Visibility Day, which is where they took it from.
I went past politics because you went past politics. I really dislike these slippery tricks you play. You keep doing it, and I'm sure now that you'll never stop. Focus on the issue, stop trying to diagnose our responses. We men tend to let it slide, as this is how we've come to expect women to operate. But it's dishonest, and I know you're better than that. There's nothing wrong with you intellectually. You just try to marshal whatever advantage you think you have. I acknowledge that you might not have even been aware of it. But I'm absolutely confident that once it was pointed out to you, your continuing to do it was a wilful act. Swearing is one of the few things I can do over the internet to try to impress upon you that you should stop.

PS, glad his team acknowledged prostrate cancer. But as I said.. his mentioning the transgender message was bad politics. It's an election year... additive is good, subtractive is bad. Particularly when the stakes are so high. This is basic politics 101...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I went past politics because you went past politics. I really dislike these slippery tricks you play. You keep doing it, and I'm sure now that you'll never stop. Focus on the issue, stop trying to diagnose our responses. We men tend to let it slide, as this is how we've come to expect women to operate. But it's dishonest, and I know you're better than that. There's nothing wrong with you intellectually. You just try to marshal whatever advantage you think you have. I acknowledge that you might not have even been aware of it. But I'm absolutely confident that once it was pointed out to you, your continuing to do it was a wilful act. Swearing is one of the few things I can do over the internet to try to impress upon you that you should stop.

PS, glad his team acknowledged prostrate cancer. But as I said.. his mentioning the transgender message was bad politics. It's an election year... additive is good, subtractive is bad. Particularly when the stakes are so high. This is basic politics 101...
This is untrue, that I went past politics first. Go back and look at our conversation, which you began by tagging me in your comment that "It's bad politics." (Which started out already starting like a lecture to me, when it was britbox who brought it up.) You switched it off of politics when you said "It is not normal." And I wasn't "diagnosing" your feelings until after you already told me a) that I live in a bubble, and b) what I "think" about transgenderism, which not anything I've ever said. That is just as irritating as me telling you how you "feel" about it. Both have the effect of negating my opinion...you're telling me that I live in a bubble, whereas, by implication, you don't, and therefore know much more about what folks in the middle of the US think.

Kieran tells me all the time "what I think," no matter how often I tell him to stop. The Baron does it above, as we discussed above. Everyone does it, in one form or another.

I would have thought the opposite, in your explanation to me of politics 101...don't you mean the less said the better, vis-a-vis controversial subjects? No matter...if that's your point, I understand.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just joshin' y'all--You have Fed in your avatar and Moxie has Rafa so I commented on the Fedal rivalry being intact. Since I had not heard from you I just mentioned it in passing--but Fiero had jumped in.
Believe it or not, we get along better in politics than we did in tennis. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This Florida abortion ruling surely puts that State into play. I still hesitate to say that given how poorly Dems do there, but this just might be the tipping point issue that either dampens the Republican turnout or outright flips enough women (and concerned men) to the Dems. It's extraordinary how dumb the GOP has been. They chased the bear and now they've caught up with it...

• Haha

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This Florida abortion ruling surely puts that State into play. I still hesitate to say that given how poorly Dems do there, but this just might be the tipping point issue that either dampens the Republican turnout or outright flips enough women (and concerned men) to the Dems. It's extraordinary how dumb the GOP has been. They chased the bear and now they've caught up with it...
I have to admit I thought of you when I heard the news. The FL supremes uphold the 6-week ban, but also rule that the option to vote it down will be on the ballot in Nov. Well, this IS what the Republicans/anti-Roe people have wanted forever...put it to a vote, and leave it to the states. The fact that DeSantis put up something SO draconian, for political reasons, it seems, now will contrast with the option, which is within the realm of reason, according to most voters, by all accounting, polling, and recent political reality. And it's not just theoretical in Florida...it will be on the ballot in November. Meaning that, people who might have been uninterested in turning up for one of the two old white guys who is going to win, now will feel they have a reason to show up. Getting them to show up is 90% of the battle, at least. Once in there, they'll more than likely tick the box for President, too. Now, some people who support the near total ban will show up, too, but everything we've seen shows us that they won't be the majority who are single-issue voters. I know what you're saying about FL, but I do think this puts it in play.

This is kind of an interesting article on it:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I have to admit I thought of you when I heard the news. The FL supremes uphold the 6-week ban, but also rule that the option to vote it down will be on the ballot in Nov. Well, this IS what the Republicans/anti-Roe people have wanted forever...put it to a vote, and leave it to the states. The fact that DeSantis put up something SO draconian, for political reasons, it seems, now will contrast with the option, which is within the realm of reason, according to most voters, by all accounting, polling, and recent political reality. And it's not just theoretical in Florida...it will be on the ballot in November. Meaning that, people who might have been uninterested in turning up for one of the two old white guys who is going to win, now will feel they have a reason to show up. Getting them to show up is 90% of the battle, at least. Once in there, they'll more than likely tick the box for President, too. Now, some people who support the near total ban will show up, too, but everything we've seen shows us that they won't be the majority who are single-issue voters. I know what you're saying about FL, but I do think this puts it in play.

This is kind of an interesting article on it:

This is one of those issues that truly drags me down into the dumps! This is something that can be avoided 90% of the time! ! My issue has nothing to do w/ the procedure or when done; more about the stupidity of some who use it as a frorm of birth control! Hard to believe this is an easy option instead of protecting themselves beforehand! I give people a break from the 70's & 80's, but there's 30 types of birth control out there & women aren't being responsible, raw-dogging multiple guys, then having regrets due to becoming pregnant or picking up an STD! I was just talking about this recently to other old folks; "SHAME" needs to be brought back! In the 70's, positive programming on the issue became more prevalent! I can still see in my head a "Hallmark" movie w/ Candace Clark playing a girl pregnant w/ no husband! She accepted it and didn't run from the "slings & arrows" shot at her for having sex out of wedlock! We don't need to go that far, but little girls began purposefully having kids w/o a father; actually being proud of themselves! To me that's a special kind of stupid thinking as the stats show kids from single, mothered homes have tons of issues including depression & suicide! No one brings it up b/c it would point fingers at the poor & minorities who benefit w/ welfare and other programs to support their bad decisions! I was lucky enough to survive my mom divorcing my dad by her finding another man to take on her 2 kids! He saved my life in so many ways! :fearful-face: :astonished-face: :angry-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is one of those issues that truly drags me down into the dumps! This is something that can be avoided 90% of the time! ! My issue has nothing to do w/ the procedure or when done; more about the stupidity of some who use it as a frorm of birth control! Hard to believe this is an easy option instead of protecting themselves beforehand! I give people a break from the 70's & 80's, but there's 30 types of birth control out there & women aren't being responsible, raw-dogging multiple guys, then having regrets due to becoming pregnant or picking up an STD! I was just talking about this recently to other old folks; "SHAME" needs to be brought back! In the 70's, positive programming on the issue became more prevalent! I can still see in my head a "Hallmark" movie w/ Candace Clark playing a girl pregnant w/ no husband! She accepted it and didn't run from the "slings & arrows" shot at her for having sex out of wedlock! We don't need to go that far, but little girls began purposefully having kids w/o a father; actually being proud of themselves! To me that's a special kind of stupid thinking as the stats show kids from single, mothered homes have tons of issues including depression & suicide! No one brings it up b/c it would point fingers at the poor & minorities who benefit w/ welfare and other programs to support their bad decisions! I was lucky enough to survive my mom divorcing my dad by her finding another man to take on her 2 kids! He saved my life in so many ways! :fearful-face: :astonished-face: :angry-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
I am sick to death of men on this thread complaining about women using abortion as a form of birth control. Not all do, and they get pregnant, anyway. But so what if they do? It's not your business why they get pregnant, is it? And what about the man's responsibility in birth control? There are NOT 30 different types of birth control, but I can tell you the ones that men can access: a) condoms, b) circumcision, and c) abstention. Every other one is a woman's to access, including messing with her hormones. Do you really think "shame" needs to be brought back? You are definitely slut-shaming women on this.

I appreciate your sharing your own story. I'm glad you got a good step-dad, but let's face it: who was left with the kids? Your mother, not your father.

• Haha

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I am sick to death of men on this thread complaining about women using abortion as a form of birth control. Not all do, and they get pregnant, anyway. But so what if they do? It's not your business why they get pregnant, is it? And what about the man's responsibility in birth control? There are NOT 30 different types of birth control, but I can tell you the ones that men can access: a) condoms, b) circumcision, (vasectomy) and c) abstention. Every other one is a woman's to access, including messing with her hormones. Do you really think "shame" needs to be brought back? You are definitely slut-shaming women on this.

I appreciate your sharing your own story. I'm glad you got a good step-dad, but let's face it: who was left with the kids? Your mother, not your father.

There was so much in that post, I have to reply reflexively! No matter what intention is given comcerning the use of the "procedure," it's "birth control!" Even if it's something necessary to save the life of the mother, it's still "BC!" I'm all for female liberation and having rights concerning their bodies, but they don't seem to be concerned w/ taking care of it! The timing of giving birth is going back to Medieval time w/ teenagers routinely having children out of wedlock! In the past it was necessary due to life spans being a lot shorter! I listen to a lot of Kevin Samuels on You Tube where he points out the aberrant logic of the modern woman! The excuse of "the father wasn't good enough to marry," but gives the biggest gift of sharing a womb to this future loser! Why does that make sense? True enough guys have ways to prevent pregnancy (chk ^), but they won't use it unless women force them! Only very responsible guys always protect themselves! Many will rawdog a hooker! Look at Trump & Stormy Daniels! In the end, women are the ones to carry the baby; it's their body! Yep, we've forgotten what shame is! No one really takes responsibility for their actions! It can be on video & they will continue to be in denial! Victimhood takes over and they believe it's something "in the past" & they "s/b allowed to 'blah, blah, blah!" Trump has no shame! You see how psychotic he appears out there! As for my dad, he was a professional musician! Most of the year he wasn't just "out of town," he could very well be out of the country for weeks or months at a time! My mom had no choice but to move on being she was rather independent minded very early in "the movement!" She's always been a boss! Right out of college, you'd be surprised at her start in business and "finishing kick" in politics! :fearful-face: :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
These numbers are incredible. If they hold up in Wisconsin and elsewhere Trump will have serious problems. It takes conviction to come out to vote against a candidate in the primaries. Especially at this point

1712256358780.png

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
These numbers are incredible. If they hold up in Wisconsin and elsewhere Trump will have serious problems. It takes conviction to come out to vote against a candidate in the primaries. Especially at this point

View attachment 9377

IDK what to do or say w/ this situation! Nothing was more devastating to me than seeing this country turn itself on its head by electing Trump in 2016! This psycho got all kinds of free publicity as we all commented on every silly, insulting, illegal, or disgusting comment & action! All it did was fuel the "rightwingers" out there who have no problem w/ his behavior as long as they're in charge! You're supposed to see the other side, try to understand, & forgive them! It ain't happening! I'm still flushed w/ hatred for the direction of half the country! Their unpatriotic actions can never be overlooked; at least not by me! :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :angry-face: