Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robredo in four sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:
I'm beginning to wish Rafa would let him win a game. Just one game. But I know he wouldn't do that.

Was hoping for that as well..just so he could look him in the eye at the net handshake which is due in about 25 mins.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
McEnroe is hilarious.. he said that if this keeps up they may have to push the dimensions of the stadium back so Tommy can keep it in play... Seriously, We all who have played tennis at a high level have experience this before. Poor lil fella Tommy:angel:

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
nehmeth said:
1972Murat said:
I have had a chance to eat some tasty NY bagels this past week...off the court;)...I feel sorry for Robredo though...There is nowhere to hide...:puzzled

Into the net or out every time he pulls the trigger. :( Tommy could well be eating three of them, dry and without any toppings to make them taste better.

There has been 5 triple bagels in slams...Bruguera provided the last one in RG 93.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
golds girl said:
tented said:
I'm beginning to wish Rafa would let him win a game. Just one game. But I know he wouldn't do that.

Was hoping for that as well..just so he could look him in the eye at the net handshake which is due in about 25 mins.

Rafa giving a game would be disrespecting Robredo. He has to earn it...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
After what TRob did Roger, I don't see why Rafa would be anything other than brutal with Tommy. Why take a chance?

OK, good job...one game to Tommy.

Srini

Futures Player
Reactions
Rafa after the match - "It was a very tough first set, Tommy is a great player, its always tough to play him. But I played every point with passion and tried the best I could. It could have gone either way, I was very lucky to have won the first set" :D

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Yah. He's on the board. No triple zero

Rafa decided not to play the percentage cc fh which produce that error and the game winner for Tommy

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
He won a game? How shocking. :nono

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Srini said:
Rafa after the match - "It was a very tough first set, Tommy is a great player, its always tough to play him. But I played every point with passion and tried the best I could. It could have gone either way, I was very lucky to have won the first set" :D

LMAO :laydownlaughing

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:
kskate2 said:

Well, someone did vote for Robredo in five. Could be right yet.

He may end up with 3 games won instead of 3 sets

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
tented said:
kskate2 said:

Well, someone did vote for Robredo in five. Could be right yet.

Someone did for sure, but it wasn't me. Tommy has nothing that can hurt Nadal in this match. Anyone voting for a Tommy win obviously is voting w/ their heart.

AP,

You see the Swiss Miss in Tommy's box?

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Mastoor said:

I was wondering the same about Novak's opponent yesterday

Anyway, what do you know, Mastoor hasn't abandoned us :D Glad to see you back. Encouraged by Novak's displays, I'm sure.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The only "negative" for Nadal is that it's really hard to keep being very sharp throughout the match when your opponent is playing so poorly. Hence more unforced errors. It wouldn't surprise me if Nadal becomes less aggressive as the match progresses, lulled by Robredo. I do think he picks it back up after this set though.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
The only "negative" for Nadal is that it's really hard to keep being very sharp throughout the match when your opponent is playing so poorly. Hence more unforced errors. It wouldn't surprise me if Nadal becomes less aggressive as the match progresses, lulled by Robredo. I do think he picks it back up after this set though.

It looks like that's what's happening now.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Mastoor said:

I was wondering the same about Novak's opponent yesterday

Anyway, what do you know, Mastoor hasn't abandoned us :D Glad to see you back. Encouraged by Novak's displays, I'm sure.

I actually wondered why Novak's h4ters disappeared from everywhere else and hoped to find them all here. ;)