• Total voters

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
PS: I'm still not a Stan fan.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
stan is no3 but wouldve been anyway win or lose. rafa. nsih, milos are 4,5,6 and close together in rank charts i think.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lots to look forward to in the fall, including the race to YE #1.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I did not see either of the finals as the US Open is shown on subscription television here these days but Congrats to Kerber and Wawrinka on their popular wins in the singles. Particularly Stan the Man. True talent has won out. I note that ND has been up to old gamesmanship habits if this article on yahoo 7 is of any indication. Hey Stan, keep kicking Novak's butt in the GS finals -

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/...or-complete-abuse-of-the-rules-us-open/#page1

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Stan Wawrinka, US OPEN CHAMPION

image.jpeg

Stan Wawrinka d. Novak Djokovic 6-7, 6-4, 7-5, 6-3

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In the interview, Stan said he's found his game so he knows he can beat the best. Wasn't he right about that! it was truly awesome display of huge offence, and really there was nothing Novak can do. When an attacking player finds his game against even the best defensive player, there is only so much you can defend!

Somehow when asked if he thinks that he is in the mix with so called big 4, he says he's not. Some kind of mental-ness to me, almost like inferiority complex? with his game, his ceiling is actually higher than Novak's although he can only bring it few times a year, he should be very proud of his truly exceptional game. To me that single backhand is the best backhand ever, as it is technically perfect, it was as consistent as Novak's today with way more penetration.

He overpowered Novak, who i thought would've deserved to win this one. Gutted for Novak coming up just short, but happy for Stan to have won by playing awesome. i know some small people still try to bring him down with bs injury talk, let them be! Stan is the man.

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gotta love great offence... and it was taking on the best defensive player in the game. I lost count of the times Novak hung in points he had no business being in...

I wonder whether Stan doesn't have the mentality for the day to day grind the other top players seem to be able to endure week in, week out. He's just a totally different beast when he's at the big dance. 10 or 11 finals won on the bounce.. it's no coincidence.

Reactions: Andre10is

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's ridiculous now to see some still going at Novak is not 100% this and that. Stan has either almost or beat him in every slam they met since like 4 years ago, something tells me that he or anybody is unlikely to have fluked each and every one of those. I don't really focus on Stan much and have watched Novak more actually but the last few times they met, Stan really played too good a level for Novak.....winners that came out of nowhere. What for other players would be good or at least neutral shots from Novak, Stan teed them off for winners and he's done it even on clay. I haven't seen another player of such consistent great firepower off both wings for a while. His coach Norman was a power player but Stan really took it to another level.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Think that's too big an ask for Murray to usurp the Number 1.

Agreed. Novak is the best indoors by a country mile, so barring a situation where Nole shuts it down for the year I don't think Murray has much of a chance at #1.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Novak might want to find a very different approach against Stan next time. He is a very good mechanical player, super solid off both wings with excellent movement but against a guy like Stan who feels his game, it is not enough. He would do better than just going toe to toe hard hitting with Stan, and imo he should vary his shots like Federer who i think has the game to give Stan issues with rhythm. Novak would still beat Stan more often than not, but not when Stan is hot. When Stan is on, he can't just play his natural game and hope it prevails.

Reactions: Andre10is

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats Stan for USO trophy, N°3 spot and all nice words about 09/11's victims
you're a champ guy

EdbergsGhost

Masters Champion
Reactions
Congratulations Stan. You did to Novak what you did to the Samurai. Well done.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic came to the net a fair bit..but was wasted by stanno and his dth topspin bh or cc topspin bh,

so he did try to mix it up but its not really his game is it?..net rushing.

djoko was underdone..7hrs or so on court b4 final then has to be in top gear 4hrs of a final..too big a leap for me. physically/mentally.

whateve,r since the fo final Djokovic hasn't been the same, it is clear.

Reactions: Andre10is and Moxie

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
stan has beaten Djokovic on the way to all 3 majors..thats pretty amazing isn't it?.

and won 1st major beating djoko and rafa. (and skeletor berdy lol).