UK Politics Thread

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
well, this transitional period is also part of brexit, companies already leaving, workplaces already got closed down, students had to leave their living places, bad news for science researchers came.......

I'm reading tons of places people would vote to remain now.... on granny forum there's a guy called neverhurryamurray who's a teacher and a quite intelligent fellow and he admitted he would vote to remain now there were so grim happenings... ofc someone like Ann who thinks the EU is about cheap cigs and booze doesn't have the insight of that guy.... btw bogus scolded the guy why he voted to leave when the info was out there shit was gonna happen.....

I don't. I was saying that was the only benefit the British get out of being in the E.U. was cheap holidays abroad, cigs & booze & we were paying a lot of money just to get that out of it which could be spent on other things. The E.U. has been using the U.K. as a cash cow. The information I based my decision on other than knowing what I get out of the E.U. is my knowledge of British soc. & economic history 1700-1901 which is obviously factual. Namely the fact we haven't always been in the E.U. as there hasn't always been an E.U. & although we'd have to build our factories back up because we started them up before when we went from cottage industry into a factory industry during the industrial revolution which is when we started inventing & making machinery. I'm thinking steam which was originally invented by Hero the ancient Greek & forgot about until Trevithick built his engine. Then there's the spinning Jenny. There were riots then too. I'm thinking about the Luddite attacks caused by people who thought they'd lose their jobs because machines could do more work so smashed the new machines. We need to become more self-sufficient again only buying from abroad what we can't make or grow ourselves, holiday in Britain & get our factories up & running again. You're just going on what you've seen the E.U. do & forum, facebook & twitter posts so here you've obviously undermined me.

However, those numbers don't paint a true picture because everything's built out to serve England..... if they get independent the Scots will make their own "London".....

Statistics are more reliable evidence than forum, twitter & facebook posts.

the Scots get a "better deal" cause the English need their resources so much.... but that doesn't make up for the loss of freedom, for the fact Scotsmen can't have pride..... again from granny board, a guy said, and not even one of the big nationalists, that in britain only the english have reason to be proud of something, another guy, strider, a very lethargic guy said that he chose to remain in the UK cause he doesn't think something ideal can be achieved...... a depressed and lethargic compromiser..... and as Dan Millman, a gymnastics world champ said, compromises are lukewarm tea, the brew of the devil himself......

They don't. The Scots need our resources too. Tourism is a major industry. A lot of their tourists are English. They only really get foreign tourists living in Mallaig & when the Edinburgh Tattoo's on.

The SNP are not a one trick pony but ofc getting independent is their priority, any real progress and development can happen only when they stopped being a colony of the english<- again from granny forum from a Scot, i didn't make that stuff up....

anyway, even if all the BS was true about how Scotland with its godly sources is dependent on the english, the brexiters also said they'll take the initial pain to make it better later, the Scots can say the same no?

I'm not saying that. I'm saying they're both reliant on each other.

I know what a monarchy is, my country was in monarchy too, it's pure shit, i can also see they are oppressed....

they are oppressed even on a forum dedicated to their most successful tennis player ffs...... not just oppressed, the young and powerful Scottish posters, many of whom i knew from mtf were exterminated from the board, just like the Spartans did with the helots...... kill off the young and cool and they left LittleBuddha, a scottish granny so they can mock her bad spelling and abuse her day and night....

lol there was a game thread they made, scots against the world, and the scumbags didn't let the scots win even that little game....... Scots are clearly oppressed......

Scottish culture and education will bloom once they're independent i know it.......

Scottish culture blooms now & it's education did until the S.N.P. came into power.

it's just a minor reason but it will be also cool cause everybody loves the scots but all the world hate the english...... the french, the german , eastern europe, even romanians hate the english despite the free candy, and let's not talk about russia, china, the arabs.... with no cute scottish human shield the english will be much worse off........ yeah, btw the english are to blame for that, they're hating, bullying everybody and they're showing nonstop how superior they think they are..... most of them ofc can't be blamed, the stupid, lying, deceptive propaganda turned them into what they are, and at the same time it made them vulnerable to manipulation cause they live constantly in lies.....

That's such a generalization & untrue. They don't all think they're superior & they're not all hating & bullying. It's the racists & remainer's who are hating & bullying. We've been told all these lies since before we joined the E.U. We were enlightened by what you call propaganda.

Horsa

Reactions
i know but what counts is that what the scots have ain't worth crap....... When some serious question arises the Scots don't have a say in it...

When the latest news about scots not having a say in brexit talks came Fiverings' reaction was: so we're back in the regional box, Murraymagic: good to know we're a region.... bogus: yes, the devolved parliaments, blablabla , basically saying the devolved parliaments don't have power and ain't worth shit but you can't say you don't have a shitty devolved parliament....

It's like when Clay Death had mod position on tennisfrontier but tented came to the chat thread every day to bully him and mugsterclass not to post the order of play cause he already did in a tennis thread..... The Scots can wipe their asses with the fake shit they get from the English...

and "May won't give them another indyref" cause ofc an incompetent retard like may will decide what a country with godly resources and culture can and can't do,...... maybe from the inside it's ok for some, from the outside it's a sick joke, no matter what technicalities and cheap tricks some use as excuses.....

more this and that per head.... the stuff the Scots are getting may be shiny but worthless, it's like when a girl is asking for a baby and you buy her a dog and a new car, a new car is always cool but it's not an offspring....

Do you know what Scotland is? it's Bella Caledonia:

bella_figure_type.png

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/
It's this, it's a real country with culture and with people the rest of Europe can be interested in....

What does England have to offer? This:
little-mix-on-set-of-their-new-video-for-no-more-sad-songs-1488797471-editorial-long-form-0.jpg

and this:

banner-muslims.jpg

Thanks no, lol.....
Can you account for all the Scots living in England who came for jobs? The Scots still play pipes & do Highland dancing. They've got a lot of freedom & do get some say. They've got a parliament & a vote. The Scottish got told before the referendum that it was a once in a life-time vote. They voted.

England has a lot more to offer than that.

If anyone's spewing hate at the moment it's people who can't accept votes, I.S., Russia & North Korea.

Horsa

Reactions
Lol Nekro, you're talking some crap here.

Westminster is a UK Parliament, not an English one.... England is the only country that doesn't have it's own parliament within the UK but don't let that get in the way of a good story.

Now tell me how Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, Bristol - get some sort of a better deal than Scotland... or oppress the Scots? Those are the bigger English cities outside London and have combined population bigger than Scotland. Tell me how they are oppressing Scots or getting a better deal than Scots?

Or maybe you can tell me how many living Scots have suffered an English invasion? or their parents or grandparents or great-grandparents.... none, because that history is so old it goes back so many generations it's consigned to history books.

Work and live with English, Welsh and Scots on a daily basis - the difference between the peoples is minimal... most of us speak the same language, use the same services, roads, measurement systems, work in the same companies, share the same sporting interests and have far more recent shared history than divided history. Far more. The main difference is the accent and then you get local pride thrown in that goes beyond country borders.

The difference between English, Scots, Welsh and English is a completely different story compared to somebody from France, who have got a totally different culture. We're all Brits at the end of the day with a lot of shared culture and history.

As for monarchy... It was the Scottish monarchy who annexed the English monarchy orginally. James VI of Scotland became James I in England.

As far as that goes a lot of Scots moved to England for jobs & during hard times in the past.

Horsa

Reactions
i know but what counts is that what the scots have ain't worth crap....... When some serious question arises the Scots don't have a say in it...

When the latest news about scots not having a say in brexit talks came Fiverings' reaction was: so we're back in the regional box, Murraymagic: good to know we're a region.... bogus: yes, the devolved parliaments, blablabla , basically saying the devolved parliaments don't have power and ain't worth shit but you can't say you don't have a shitty devolved parliament....

It's like when Clay Death had mod position on tennisfrontier but tented came to the chat thread every day to bully him and mugsterclass not to post the order of play cause he already did in a tennis thread..... The Scots can wipe their asses with the fake shit they get from the English...

and "May won't give them another indyref" cause ofc an incompetent retard like may will decide what a country with godly resources and culture can and can't do,...... maybe from the inside it's ok for some, from the outside it's a sick joke, no matter what technicalities and cheap tricks some use as excuses.....

more this and that per head.... the stuff the Scots are getting may be shiny but worthless, it's like when a girl is asking for a baby and you buy her a dog and a new car, a new car is always cool but it's not an offspring....

bella_figure_type.png

It's this, it's a real country with culture and with people the rest of Europe can be interested in....

little-mix-on-set-of-their-new-video-for-no-more-sad-songs-1488797471-editorial-long-form-0.jpg

and this:

banner-muslims.jpg

Thanks no, lol.....
You are saying that but really the people you're calling aren't just English. If you really think about it most of the people who live in England came over later & the true English were actually moved to Scotland. An example is most of my ancestors came to Durham from Dunoon during the Struggles of Argyll & later went to Ferrybridge as he was a coachman & Ferrybridge was a main coaching place between the main route between London & Edinburgh before steam transport came in. Another example is my Great-Grandma Douglas came down to Yorkshire from Hamilton when teaching jobs were scarce up there. Some came back down & some moved away but my point is England is actually a multi-cultural society & has been for centuries. There are a few mainly Pakistani areas but most are mixed-race & some are British. In fact a lot of towns are mostly taken over by Polish shops & people not Pakistani ones with a lot of British ones & some Pakistani ones. The Polish mainly work hard & are pleasant & friendly. Not all Muslims are bad. I'm friends with some of them & they're very nice.

We've got more music than that. I like old English, Irish & Scottish songs as well as others by old English I mean songs like Ilkley Moor Baht at. I also like an old song which the English & Welsh argue over but I'd give the Welsh credit for it called "There'll be a welcome in the hill-side". The Beatles, Cilla Black, Rolling Stones, Cliff Richard, Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones, Harry Secombe, The Bay City Rollers & Rod Stewart are/were all British.

Horsa

Reactions

bella_figure_type.png

and this:

banner-muslims.jpg

Thanks no, lol.....
Since you know so much about Scotland I've got a quiz for you. No cheating please.

1. What's a dirk?
2. What's a skiandhu?
3. What happened @ 5 am on 13/2/1692?
4. What year was the act of union signed?
5. What does slainte mhath mean?
6. What is haggis?
7. What 3 ingredients do you need to make shortbread?
8. What's a pibroch?
9. Who wrote Auld Lang Syne?
10. Name the following poem/prayer?

Some hae meat but cannae eat.
Others no hae but can eat it.
But we hae meat & we can eat
So bless the lord & thankit.

11. Which dog got the freedom of the City of Edinburgh after poor children put together to buy him a license?
12. Who designed Edinburgh new town?
13. What were the Adam Brothers famous for?
14. Lister who invented anti-septic surgery studied at what Scottish university?
15. What city is known as the granite city?
16. In what month does the Edinburgh tattoo & festival take place?
17. What did Andrew Carnegie fund in Scotland?
18. A famous song starts with the following words.

By yon Bonnie banks & by yon Bonnie braes where the sun shines bright...

Name the song.
19. Who did Flora McDonald row over the sea to Skye?
20. Which 2 clans were involved in the Glencoe Massacre?

Reactions: mrzz

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As for the Scots not having a voice in anything meaningful? How about the Scottish referendum? Could you get anything more meaningful? 100% decided by Scots. Most Scots support the union.

N

Nekro

About Ann's questions:

q1: you just have to play a japanese rpg to know what a dirk is:

q4..... I made the Christopher Whatley research in connection with the act of union and i came to the conclusion that he is a beaky or other shady agent........ records kinda don't exist about him so i had to take the word of the scottish nationalists that he's not even a real scot, ...he's btw one of the biggest better together campaigners....

anyway, i knew ard 30% of the answers.....

i won't argue btw with you guys about this anymore, i know what i believe in and what i like.... and it's a fact that i always have tons in common with SNP supporters, they always tell me the cool stuff i don't hear from unionists.... In addition, they're philosophical and radical like me, so even though there may be lots of truth in what you're saying i'm always gonna side with the Scottish nationalists.....

Horsa

Reactions
About Ann's questions:

q4..... I made the Christopher Whatley research in connection with the act of union and i came to the conclusion that he is a beaky or other shady agent........ records kinda don't exist about him so i had to take the word of the scottish nationalists that he's not even a real scot, ...he's btw one of the biggest better together campaigners....

i won't argue btw with you guys about this anymore, i know what i believe in and what i like.... and it's a fact that i always have tons in common with SNP supporters, they always tell me the cool stuff i don't hear from unionists.... In addition, they're philosophical and radical like me, so even though there may be lots of truth in what you're saying i'm always gonna side with the Scottish nationalists.....

My answers

1. A knife in traditional dress worn in the jacket pocket
2. A knife in traditional dress worn in the sock.
3. The Glencoe massacre took place
4. 1705
5. Good health
6. A stuffed sheeps stomach
7. Flour, butter & sugar
8. Bagpipes
9. Robert Burns
10. The Selkirk Grace
11. Greyfriar's Bobby
12. Robert Adam
13. Architecture
14. Glasgow
15. Aberdeen
16. August
17. Hospitals & libraries
18. Loch Lomond
19. Bonnie Prince Charlie
20. The Campbell's & McDonald's

Horsa

Reactions
About Ann's questions:

I agree to disagree too. I'd told you what I thought about Brexit & Scottish independence quite a few times. Scotland won't be truly independent if they leave the U.K. unless they leave the E.U. too. I know what I think & like too & I know what I've seen & experienced. You may have lots in common with S.N.P. supporters because they tell you what you want to hear but anyone can do that. We all look for facts & opinions that support our own opinions. From what I've heard not all S.N.P. supporters & members are philosophical though they may be radical. An example is Nicola Sturgeon herself who talks rubbish almost every time she opens her mouth & is easily beaten by Ruth Davidson. I agree with a lot of what Ruth Davidson says. She tells the truth & is good with facts. In fact I think she's the best politician since Lloyd George & Bevin. It's your choice. You can choose to take our information into account or not like I had the choice whether to take your information into account. You're entitled to your opinion as we're entitled to ours. I disagreed with your tone in places though because I thought you sounded threatening & malicious at times.

Reactions: Nekro
N

Nekro

My answers

1. A knife in traditional dress worn in the jacket pocket
2. A knife in traditional dress worn in the sock.
3. The Glencoe massacre took place
4. 1705
5. Good health
6. A stuffed sheeps stomach
7. Flour, butter & sugar
8. Bagpipes
9. Robert Burns
10. The Selkirk Grace
11. Greyfriar's Bobby
12. Robert Adam
13. Architecture
14. Glasgow
15. Aberdeen
16. August
17. Hospitals & libraries
18. Loch Lomond
19. Bonnie Prince Charlie
20. The Campbell's & McDonald's
Thanks for your work, it was a cool test :good:

Horsa

Reactions
Thanks for your work, it was a cool test :good:
You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it. They were the 1st 20 Scottish questions I could think of. I learnt some of this when on guided tours of Edinburgh & Glasgow & on trips & from having a Scottish Brother-in-law & Great-Grandma. Credit where it's due if you set me a quiz on your country I'd probably get 0 or 1 & if Britbox set me 1 on Wales I don't think I'd get any more than 3. Everyone knows different things & is interested in different things. Their knowledge is sometimes based on their hobbies & interests as well as education & training.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it. They were the 1st 20 Scottish questions I could think of. I learnt some of this when on guided tours of Edinburgh & Glasgow & on trips & from having a Scottish Brother-in-law & Great-Grandma. Credit where it's due if you set me a quiz on your country I'd probably get 0 or 1 & if Britbox set me 1 on Wales I don't think I'd get any more than 3. Everyone knows different things & is interested in different things. Their knowledge is sometimes based on their hobbies & interests as well as education & training.

I'll do one when I get the chance, bit maxed out for a few days, but the welsh quiz will come!

Reactions: Horsa

Horsa

Reactions
I'll do one when I get the chance, bit maxed out for a few days, but the welsh quiz will come!
I look forward to seeing it. Enjoy yourself & don't over-work yourself. Have a nice weekend!

Horsa

Reactions
It changed for the Brexit referendum though. Normally votes are taken into account the next day. If I'd have known about what was going to happen what with the racist attacks afterwards & arguments, protests & name-calling I would have let ladies like Emily Davison & Emmeline Pankhurst die in vain & not vote which is shameful I know because they worked so hard to get votes for women but that's how it's made me think.

N

Nekro

lol the comments section is a goldmine :D

• It's obvious the EU only really cares about the money. <-Our Rainwoman's fav mantra.... :p
Responses:
  • It gets so tedious keep reading this same sentence. Can't you lot think of anything else? Preferably something which is fact based and truthful

• Hogwash. You utterly undermine the UK's role in the EU in a despicably unpatriotic way and dismiss the work of thousands of Brits in some of the huge advances European society has made in the past few decades. We weren't respected in the EU just for our money but because of our ability to build solutions out of disagreement. In financial services especially, we were the leaders in Europe.

Now that's all been undone by a bunch of muppets who believe infantile stories published in the Sun and the Mail.

Har har har and the scoldings about the "contradictions" lol :lulz1:Because for muppets who think in panels there are the patriotic brexiters who are against the EU and the libtard globalists who want to stay in the EU....... as if the smartest patriots and the biggest British "nazis" weren't for staying in the EU because that way Britain is stronger..... but for the muppets even something that simple is too out-of-the-box thinking :p

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Britain won't be stronger when it leaves the EU - it will take an economic hit, but it will withdraw from the federal Europe programme, regain sovereignty and control it's borders.

Alistair Campbell who wrote the article needs to stop spitting the dummy out. He's on a par with Paddy Pants-down and Nick Clegg.

Labour will be treading a very dangerous path if they renege on their manifesto pledge to implement Brexit. A ton of working class voters returned to Labour after they made that pledge.

N

Nekro

Britain won't be stronger when it leaves the EU - it will take an economic hit, but it will withdraw from the federal Europe programme, regain sovereignty and control it's borders.

Alistair Campbell who wrote the article needs to stop spitting the dummy out. He's on a par with Paddy Pants-down and Nick Clegg.

Labour will be treading a very dangerous path if they renege on their manifesto pledge to implement Brexit. A ton of working class voters returned to Labour after they made that pledge.
well, by now i've read lots of articles about financial predictions after Brexit and i can get an ok picture...... it probably won't be such a huuuuge blow in the short term as the remainers say, you know there are sectors which will suffer more like the financial sector etc. , there are some which will benefit a bit from Brexit, however, if you look at all the sectors sure Britain will take a hit and imo what makes the doomsayers sad is that the long term prospects are shit.....(as opposed to what you're saying, that in the short term it will be bad but in the long term it will be cool) like what if the EU starts rolling like fuck????? It's hard to predict things there and if that happens Britain gets screwed, it will be left behind and that's what lots of people who want to advance and want really great and competitive Britain are scared of.....

Labour voters blabla, yes, so they rebuild the outdated factories or modernize some and do outdated shit? Will they be competitive with factories and workers in other countries that are already specialized in that kinda stuff? Wouldn't it make more sense to invest in education and retrain those people to do more modern jobs????

That border control is a fucking joke... Are they working on it NOW? Everybody and their grandmothers can get in.... And btw Britain is not even that attractive anymore, even for migrants..... Soon even the exotic bacteria will avoid Britain...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 8205
britbox World Affairs 46