UK Politics Thread

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hope this is the end of May. The worst PM in history by a long way. The party will ditch her as soon as they can. The one likely to be favoured as Tory Leader is Amber Rudd, she almost lost her seat last night and now has only a 300 vote majority. She described her constituency as full of drug addicts and scroungers, has dubious links with Saudi Arabia, shared with May responsibility for cuts to police and security services and is a tax avoider. I suppose Boris Johnson will be manoeuvring and goodness knows who else will crawl out of the Tory stately home woodwork!

May should go. She called it on, ran the shambolic campaign with her team picks, avoided the leadership debate, hardly addressed any of the Labour wishlist, didn't get any positive messages across and seemed like a rabbit in headlights in the final couple of days.

Conservatives really need to avoid picking somebody like Boris Johnson or one of the old Etonian brigade. I'd much rather see a guy like David Davis at the helm. He came from a humble background, debates well and isn't arrogant. If May doesn't go, then she's seriously damaged goods.

Biggest surprise of the day... How many of the UKIP voters were actually Labour returning. I'd have put a much bigger percentage of that group as natural conservatives... but their vote was largely picked up by Labour.

Bizarrely enough, the 43% vote share from the Conservatives, who actually improved their vote share is nearly the same as Blair got in his landslide 1997 victory (I was a Labour voter then).

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It was no campaign at all, no coherent detailed policies, a string of pathetic catch phrases and the usual smear tactics. The knives will be out, in fact are already out in Tory HQ.

I think it's more than the campaign though. The anti austerity feeling has reached a near critical mass. The country is in grief at the death of 30 people in these dreadful terrorist attacks. Oxford University have calculated deaths due to austerity policies at 30,000 in one year. This is primarily due to delays in receiving health care and lack of social care. There are huge further cuts planned for health and security services including massive cuts in policing for Manchester and London. This government is dangerous to the wellbeing of any one with less than £100,000 pa. I think voters are saying "enough is enough" to Tory policies. Why on earth would anyone vote for people who openly scorn them, don't give a damn about them, and admit they are there to make more money for the rich (as Cameron said in the H of C)

Where will Labour go now? There are a lot of people in the PLP who have betrayed voters and party members. I still think it will be tough achieving unity. Corbyn is more forgiving than I would be though, I would be sharpening my hatchet this morning and taking my little list out of the drawer!

Corbyn has real power now within the party as a whole. The problem for some of those Blairites is that they are really career politicians... they won't like being frozen out. Watch them backtrack and come out with a whole host of excuses on why they didn't back him originally. Chuka Umunna, who obviously fancies himself as future leadership material started already...

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
May should go. She called it on, ran the shambolic campaign with her team picks, avoided the leadership debate, hardly addressed any of the Labour didn't get any positive messages across and seemed like a rabbit in headlights in the final couple of days.

Conservatives really need to avoid picking somebody like Boris Johnson or one of the old Etonian brigade. I'd much rather see a guy like David Davis at the helm. He came from a humble background, debates well and isn't arrogant. If May doesn't go, then she's seriously damaged goods.

Biggest surprise of the day... How many of the UKIP voters were actually Labour returning. I'd have put a much bigger percentage of that group as natural conservatives... but their vote was largely picked up by Labour.

Bizarrely enough, the 43% vote share from the Conservatives, who actually improved their vote share is nearly the same as Blair got in his landslide 1997 victory (I was a Labour voter then).

The constituency boundaries have changed since Blair though and that favours the Tories.

David Davis is the best of the bunch I think. He has already said the Brexit strategy is wrong, we need to have a single market goal. I wonder if that is an early bid for leadership?

Johnson is an evil arrogant idiot. Not to put too fine a point on it! But if he became pm that would sink the Tories for some time.

I can understand the UKIP position. Most I think blamed the EU for unemployment, poor public services etc. They are not wealthy people. The misery manifesto would have not gone down well with them. Even for UKIP there are other issues that matter and for many these are very close to home. EG we are going to take your kids free school meals away, you'll have to wait three weeks to see a doctor, we'll cancel your hip replacement and steal your grannie's house that you thought would be yours...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ The thing is with the Tories, is that they didn't explain some of the things above well enough. The actual policy on the school meals is that poorer families can actually have upto 2 school meals... they were just stopping them for the better off. That's almost a Labour-like policy.

They never re-inforced the ideas that it was Labour, not Conservative who introduced tuition fees, and it was Labour who initially started privatising bits of the NHS.... or that the Tories had totally removed income tax for the lower earners.... None of these messages were put across and nobody addressed Corbyn's spending plans at all. None of the Conservative big hitters were involved in the campaign.. May surrounded it with a weak team and a weak message.

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Corbyn has real power now within the party as a whole. The problem for some of those Blairites is that they are really career politicians... they won't like being frozen out. Watch them backtrack and come out with a whole host of excuses on why they didn't back him originally. Chuka Umunna, who obviously fancies himself as future leadership material started already...

I saw that. He's on my list! Because of the short run up to this election constituency labour parties were not able deselect candidates and pick new ones. A good number of the Blairites would have gone otherwise. I am not sure of the timescale for the deselect process but it wasn't long enough anyway. But you are absolutely right, they are career politicians and lack the integrity that should be part of Labour.

In a hung parliament this is dynamite. If they abstain or vote against they have to go. Corbyn could withdraw the whip and they would have to sit as indies and then the CLPs could dump them.

My preference for leader after Corbyn would be Keir Starmer. He would lead on Brexit if Labour was in power and he is competent and has managed to sit on the fence without antagonising either side.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw that. He's on my list! Because of the short run up to this election constituency labour parties were not able deselect candidates and pick new ones. A good number of the Blairites would have gone otherwise. I am not sure of the timescale for the deselect process but it wasn't long enough anyway. But you are absolutely right, they are career politicians and lack the integrity that should be part of Labour.

In a hung parliament this is dynamite. If they abstain or vote against they have to go. Corbyn could withdraw the whip and they would have to sit as indies and then the CLPs could dump them.

My preference for leader after Corbyn would be Keir Starmer. He would lead on Brexit if Labour was in power and he is competent and has managed to sit on the fence without antagonising either side.

Yes, particularly now, with the hung parliament - because I'm also thinking this parliament won't last all that long, so those guys will be on very thin ice... basically tow the line or your parliamentary career is over... and like you say, I don't think too many would put what principles they say they have before their own career.

So, I'm guessing the Tories will have to bring the DUP into the fold, not sure what price the DUP will be looking to extract, or on what level the partnership will be. Maybe just a supply and demand relationship on bigger votes. Sinn Fein won't be in parliament, so really it's more like 3 votes they need if everyone answers the whip.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
... and on the same note, I don't think there will be much room for manoeuvre in the Tory party either for dissenters. Rebels won't be forgiven easily if they go against the government in this climate.

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
^ The thing is with the Tories, is that they didn't explain some of the things above well enough. The actual policy on the school meals is that poorer families can actually have upto 2 school meals... they were just stopping them for the better off. That's almost a Labour-like policy.

They never re-inforced the ideas that it was Labour, not Conservative who introduced tuition fees, and it was Labour who initially started privatising bits of the NHS.... or that the Tories had totally removed income tax for the lower earners.... None of these messages were put across and nobody addressed Corbyn's spending plans at all. None of the Conservative big hitters were involved in the campaign.. May surrounded it with a weak team and a weak message.

Blair's govt was a nightmare, like many I left the Labour party then and rejoined after he went. He leaves a shameful legacy. The introduction of Private Finance Initiatives into the NHS was a horrendous mistake. I was lecturing on NHS finance then and we all knew it was flawed. A lot of that stuff was to get business support for New Labour. The consequences were never thought through.

But no matter how policies are explained or not what is hitting people now is reality. People are hard up, every day costs have shot up in a years, council tax bills have risen sharply, mine is up by £25 per month. Anyone on a hospital waiting list is anxious. Food banks are evident everywhere. Far too many jobs are badly paid and/or zero based. We have a history of voting against rather than for and I feel that this is what is happening, a bit like the referendum, people voted against what they believe is the problem.

May has surrounded herself with poor people since day 1. The only reason she could possibly have picked Johnson was a deal to stop him running against her, I'm suspect the same applied to Rudd and at a later stage to Leadsom. And Jeremy Hunt is anathema.

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
... and on the same note, I don't think there will be much room for manoeuvre in the Tory party either for dissenters. Rebels won't be forgiven easily if they go against the government in this climate.

Kezia Dugdale is on borrowed time I think. What happens to her in the next day or so will indicate how Labour will handle dissent.

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Yes, particularly now, with the hung parliament - because I'm also thinking this parliament won't last all that long, so those guys will be on very thin ice... basically tow the line or your parliamentary career is over... and like you say, I don't think too many would put what principles they say they have before their own career.

So, I'm guessing the Tories will have to bring the DUP into the fold, not sure what price the DUP will be looking to extract, or on what level the partnership will be. Maybe just a supply and demand relationship on bigger votes. Sinn Fein won't be in parliament, so really it's more like 3 votes they need if everyone answers the whip.

Look like you are right on this one. Hard to believe they would sink this low. The DUP are pretty despicable. And more links to dubious Saudi money. There are numerous petitions around for the report on Isis funding to be made public. Leaks say its massively supported by Saudi but the govt is hushing it up. Enough is enough on terrorism but business is business!

I think a lot of Tories will not be happy with DUP links, especially the gays!

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I want to see a government run by M.P.'s working for national minimum wage without expenses so they know how everyone else has to live instead of getting ridiculous amounts. I also want a government who does more than they say & don't just do what they say that will make the country worse but not do the things they say they're going to do to make things better. I want a government who aren't just straight out of college/uni but have experienced life in the real world in whatever department they've been put in, e.g. ex-forces in the M.O.D., ex-health professionals in charge of health, ex-teachers/lecturers/professors in education, etc. as many M.P.'s don't even know the price of bread & milk. They are so detached from normal life. I want a government who hurries up & gets us out of the E.U. instead of just talking about it. The majority voted out & what's the point of a vote if it's not acted upon. Then we need to get our factories up & running again & orchards open & selling British fruit to British shops again, the same goes for farmers & fishermen. Then we need to sell more British goods to British people again & get British tourism up & running again. Then we can broker trade deals with non-E.U. countries. I'm not anti-E.U. but we've been paying them too much money & got hardly anything back unless we go abroad & we've had to live by their rules & not been able to make our own & our farmers & fishermen have been restricted by them & suffered as well as we're not able to deport foreign criminals because of them & have to let anyone in our country regardless of how dangerous they are. I'm not racist. I've worked with Hungarian, Australian, American, African & Asian people & made friends as well as having French, French teachers. I don't mind giving to charity. I've helped hospices, the B.H.F., the B.R.C., scope & Debra but when your own country is suffering you need to help them 1st. Giving to foreign flood victims when you don't have enough money for British flood victims is ridiculous. Any money I'd save in the long run from any of these would go towards the N.H.S., police, armed forces, schools, residential homes & the welfare state (mainly people made redundant through no fault of their own, family carers, O.A.P.'s & the genuinely ill & sick. I'd tighten up security too. I've seen areas in which the N.H.S. waste money. An example is my Mother got 2 letters for the same appointment on the same date at the same hospital for the same eye. She didn't lose 1 or report a lost 1. None said reminder. I'd also stop N.H.S. funding for gender re-assignment surgery & breast reductions & implants for whatever reason people come up with for them. They're not essential. They're choices. If people make these choices they should pay. The money I'd save on this I'd spend on emergency surgery & eye & ear operations as well as operations to save people's legs. They save lives & ensure people can live normal day to day lives like normal everyday people. I'd also change how people categorise people who've had harsh lives & have ended up being anxious & depressed. If they've been bullied or intimidated all their lives or can't get used to bereavement it's not their fault. They feel down on themselves as it is. They don't need labelling as mentally ill & treating as though they're off their heads. A lot of people don't get the help they need because of this until they're desperate because you've got to be at the stage where you don't understand what's going on around you to accept this labelling without arguing. Some of the most intelligent people I know have emotional difficulties. I wouldn't accept help & co-operate with them until they labelled me as a person with emotional difficulties. I just argued.

Reactions: Tennisman12345

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ I don't expect politicians to work on a minimum wage because if the job is done properly it carries a huge responsibility... but I do expect an element of fairness... I don't expect politicians to limit wages while awarding themselves large wage increases.

On the DUP link, the financial comparisons being bandied around aren't "like for like" and it's not as if the Conservatives are handing the money over in brief case to Ian Paisly Jnr. It's being spent on the UK public albeit in Northern Ireland.

I don't like the deal though - it stinks in the long term.

Horsa

Reactions
^ I don't expect politicians to work on a minimum wage because if the job is done properly it carries a huge responsibility... but I do expect an element of fairness... I don't expect politicians to limit wages while awarding themselves large wage increases. I think that if other people do more work than them, they should get more money. My idea was built on the fact that they expect people to live on that including some people with necessary jobs who can't manage so if they tried it they'd have more idea of how some people had to cope. For other people national minimum wage is enough or more than enough. I agree that M.P.'s shouldn't limit other people's wages while giving themselves big pay rises but think they get absurd amounts & privileges. I think most M.P.'s do too much talking & too little actually getting work done. I agree that politicians have very responsible jobs when they're doing them properly. I just don't agree that they all pull their weight. It should be our Dr.'s, nurses & mid-wives getting more money as they save lots of lives.

On the DUP link, the financial comparisons being bandied around aren't "like for like" and it's not as if the Conservatives are handing the money over in brief case to Ian Paisly Jnr. It's being spent on the UK public albeit in Northern Ireland.

I don't like the deal either. I think that Theresa May saying she wanted to bring back fox-hunting & was going to means-test winter fuel payments lost her lots of votes. She should have just concentrated on Brexit. We had a hard decision to make though as Theresa May was going to do the above. (I disagree with fox-hunting because it didn't only kill the foxes who can be pests but lots of horses & dogs too. Besides, whose fault is it that foxes are pests? At 1 time there were lots of woods & forests in Britain but we chopped a lot of the trees down thereby destroying their habitat so they invaded ours & they're pests by nature. Where else could they go?) I agree that money needs to be spent on British services but for the whole of Britain not just Northern Ireland. We should all be equal in Britain but we're not. The Scottish get free prescriptions & uni places where we get means-tested free prescriptions & have to pay for uni places. There was a lot of trouble in Northern Ireland, some of it brought into the rest of Britain when I was younger. There were always bombings either in London, Manchester or Ireland. It was always the I.R.A. If the deal is going to make our friendship better that would be nice. If it is going to bring the trouble back then it's dreadful. Things need to be fair. To be objective about things, it's only right for me to admit my bias. I was born & live in England but genealogically I've got more Scots/Irish ancestors though I do have some English roots & Norman/French ones.

Reactions: Mary

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
^ I don't expect politicians to work on a minimum wage because if the job is done properly it carries a huge responsibility... but I do expect an element of fairness... I don't expect politicians to limit wages while awarding themselves large wage increases.

There is absolute fury here. The overwhelming view is that it's a bribe with our money which there was no mandate for. And no money for Wales Scotland or England. And we don't know how it will be spent. NI already gets more per head than the rest of the UK. We have been told ad nauseum there is no magic money tree but there is when May wants to stay in office. And we, the tax payers are the money tree and we are incandescent.

The DUP are not an acceptable party. The women's issues alone are grim - life imprisonment for abortion. Denial of global warming. And the hatred of gay people any Catholics runs very deep. Watch out for the bonfires on July 12 and the anti Catholic hate messages. But the worst thing is that it will be the end of the peace process. Sinn Fein and the Irish pm clearly see it as such.

Many years ago I went to Belfast for a week. It was at the start of the troubles, I was about 19 or 20. With some friends I went to hear Paisley senior speak. I have never heard anything so hate filled and sickening. It has stayed in my mind for years. The meeting was at night with drums and torches. The B Specials were there, armed with great truncheons the size of cricket bats. I knew without doubt what was coming and we had 30 years of horror for Ireland. I have friends and family in Ireland already fearful it will come again. How May could do this is beyond belief. And all those bloody orange marches will take off again!

Feelings are at boiling point here. The election of course. The horrible tragedy of Grenfell, a saga of cost cutting, reducng fire services, negligence, refusal to listen, cuts to legal aid and the total lack of caring in govt and local responses, They have not released names of tenants and are thought to be massaging the death figures eg if someone died from jumping or in hospital it is not counted as death by fire. They are bullying and threatening survivors and those being evacuated from other fire risk buildings. Every day a new horror story breaks. 71 Tories are private landlords who voted against a bill to ensure rented accommodation was fit for human habitation. Their names appear on Twitter daily. All claim massive expenses. Rees Mogg was given £7. 5 million to renovate his stately home! And also much anti Royal feeling as they announce today another £8 million for the Queen and that prat Harry whinges about how tough it is being a prince.

I have never ever sensed such public anger, not even when Thatcher introduced poll tax. There are major protests Sat. I hope no violence but the anger is such that it may boil over. If I was May or Johnson I would be very afraid.

The Tory party seems in chaos. Hammond and May disagreeing, political advisors resigning, no coherent EU policy. Boris clearly drunk farting (literally) his way through a radio interview. I don't think they have a clue what to do. Many political writers are saying this is likely to be the end if the Tories for many years.

Incidentally I remember many Old Labour MPs taking only the wage of a skilled worker in their trade - those were good people and better days.

Reactions: Nekro

Horsa

Reactions
There is absolute fury here. The overwhelming view is that it's a bribe with our money which there was no mandate for. And no money for Wales Scotland or England. And we don't know how it will be spent. NI already gets more per head than the rest of the UK. We have been told ad nauseum there is no magic money tree but there is when May wants to stay in office. And we, the tax payers are the money tree and we are incandescent.

The DUP are not an acceptable party. The women's issues alone are grim - life imprisonment for abortion. Denial of global warming. And the hatred of gay people any Catholics runs very deep. Watch out for the bonfires on July 12 and the anti Catholic hate messages. But the worst thing is that it will be the end of the peace process. Sinn Fein and the Irish pm clearly see it as such.

Many years ago I went to Belfast for a week. It was at the start of the troubles, I was about 19 or 20. With some friends I went to hear Paisley senior speak. I have never heard anything so hate filled and sickening. It has stayed in my mind for years. The meeting was at night with drums and torches. The B Specials were there, armed with great truncheons the size of cricket bats. I knew without doubt what was coming and we had 30 years of horror for Ireland. I have friends and family in Ireland already fearful it will come again. How May could do this is beyond belief. And all those bloody orange marches will take off again!

Feelings are at boiling point here. The election of course. The horrible tragedy of Grenfell, a saga of cost cutting, reducng fire services, negligence, refusal to listen, cuts to legal aid and the total lack of caring in govt and local responses, They have not released names of tenants and are thought to be massaging the death figures eg if someone died from jumping or in hospital it is not counted as death by fire. They are bullying and threatening survivors and those being evacuated from other fire risk buildings. Every day a new horror story breaks. 71 Tories are private landlords who voted against a bill to ensure rented accommodation was fit for human habitation. Their names appear on Twitter daily. All claim massive expenses. Rees Mogg was given £7. 5 million to renovate his stately home! And also much anti Royal feeling as they announce today another £8 million for the Queen and that prat Harry whinges about how tough it is being a prince.

I have never ever sensed such public anger, not even when Thatcher introduced poll tax. There are major protests Sat. I hope no violence but the anger is such that it may boil over. If I was May or Johnson I would be very afraid.

The Tory party seems in chaos. Hammond and May disagreeing, political advisors resigning, no coherent EU policy. Boris clearly drunk farting (literally) his way through a radio interview. I don't think they have a clue what to do. Many political writers are saying this is likely to be the end if the Tories for many years.

Incidentally I remember many Old Labour MPs taking only the wage of a skilled worker in their trade - those were good people and better days.
There are a lot of angry people here. I thought it was disgusting that councils thought insulation was more important than fire safety & feel it's tragic what happened. To be honest I don't know much about the D.U.P. I disagree with a lot of the things you said they stood for but disagree with abortion as I think it's murdering an unborn child. Women should have thought about the consequences of their actions before getting their pleasures & took precautions. In the case of rape, that's different though. People should be able to believe what they want though & do what they like as long as they don't affect others. I was born in the early '80s so only remember some of the Northern Irish troubles of the '80s & '90s. Theresa May shouldn't have been in charge in the 1st place because David Cameron shouldn't have been allowed to resign. It was supposed to be a 1 off vote over whether we wanted to stay in the E.U. or not. The votes were counted & the result was announced. There shouldn't have been all this messing about. Action should have been taken immediately instead of Cameron throwing his teddy out of the pram because the vote didn't go the way he wanted & resigning. He should have been forced to serve his full term.

N

Nekro

The horrible tragedy of Grenfell, a saga of cost cutting, reducng fire services, negligence, refusal to listen, cuts to legal aid and the total lack of caring in govt and local responses.
lol, on mugraysworld a guy called marathonarthur said he voted for brexit because he visited the mainland and all the buildings were built like shit, he was especially annoyed with how the vent pipes were installed and he decided it would be better if Britain got out of this mess called EU asap.......

as an outsider i think the scumbaggery, ignorance and corruption in Britain is worse than Romania level... except with different motivations, like in Romania most of the people and the politicians just want to avoid all work, all action, they just want to chill around like bushmen, the British ones are always driven by dirty stuff like greed, hunger for power, etc etc....

BTW this derpshit May was so damn stupid, in recent times all of these referenda and forced votings went the opposite way the instigators wanted them to go, like cameron, then see the Italian PM, he failed and resigned too, didn't May see a pattern here? The global crisis is getting worse, hard to make people happy, they're gonna fuck whoever's in power lol :lulz1:

Boris clearly drunk farting (literally) his way through a radio interview.
:lulz1::laugh::lol3:

the D.U.P. I disagree with a lot of the things you said they stood for but disagree with abortion as I think it's murdering an unborn child. .
I'm a liberal mug about many many things in life but i hate abortion too and i completely agree with you :good:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Horsa and Mary

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
lol, on mugraysworld a guy called marathonarthur said he voted for brexit because he visited the mainland and all the buildings were built like shit, he was especially annoyed with how the vent pipes were installed and he decided it would be better if Britain got out of this mess called EU asap.......

as an outsider i think the scumbaggery, ignorance and corruption in Britain is worse than Romania level... except with different motivations, like in Romania most of the people and the politicians just want to avoid all work, all action, they just want to chill around like bushmen, the British ones are always driven by dirty stuff like greed, hunger for power, etc etc....

BTW this derpshit May was so damn stupid, in recent times all of these referenda and forced votings went the opposite way the instigators wanted them to go, like cameron, then see the Italian PM, he failed and resigned too, didn't May see a pattern here? The global crisis is getting worse, hard to make people happy, they're gonna fuck whoever's in power lol :lulz1:

:lulz1::laugh::lol3:

I'm a liberal mug about many many things in life but i hate abortion too and i completely agree with you :good:
I hate abortion too but hate a law that would imprison a desperate woman for life even more.

Last night this horrendous govt voted against a payrise for public sector workers. That includes fire fighters, health workers,police, those who do the most demanding essential jobs. Not only did they vote against it, they cheered when the result was announced. Public sector workers pay has been eroded by 10%. MPs just voted themselves 11% payrise. The anger I wrote of yesterday has escalated massively.

N

Nekro

I hate abortion too but hate a law that would imprison a desperate woman for life even more.
Yes, that punishment is absurd, especially in the case of a young girl for example who knows nothing about life yet and is in panic.... I just don't like the practice of abortion....

Last night this horrendous govt voted against a payrise for public sector workers. That includes fire fighters, health workers,police, those who do the most demanding essential jobs. Not only did they vote against it, they cheered when the result was announced. Public sector workers pay has been eroded by 10%. MPs just voted themselves 11% payrise. The anger I wrote of yesterday has escalated massively.
well, now that they failed to get what they wanted in the election they will be totally shameless.....

BTW i'm sorry you guys are leaving the EU, i don't like many things in it either but we're fighting against Merkel atm too.....

I heard some British students had to leave their students hostel? or something and one asked the other why did we make this referendum anyway and the other said because our grandparents hate the EU :lulz1:

BTW in my experience most of those 60-70 year old british grannies are unreal spoiled douchebags, lol after this election i saw, again on mugraysworld, one granny said how selfish the youngsters were that they didn't support May, just lol, as i see it those old grannies who had it easy are now sucking the life out of British youngsters, as if they were enemies or something like that...... ofc i may be wrong, that's just how i see it....

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Yes, that punishment is absurd, especially in the case of a young girl for example who knows nothing about life yet and is in panic.... I just don't like the practice of abortion....

well, now that they failed to get what they wanted in the election they will be totally shameless.....

BTW i'm sorry you guys are leaving the EU, i don't like many things in it either but we're fighting against Merkel atm too.....

I heard some British students had to leave their students hostel? or something and one asked the other why did we make this referendum anyway and the other said because our grandparents hate the EU :lulz1:

BTW in my experience most of those 60-70 year old british grannies are unreal spoiled douchebags, lol after this election i saw, again on mugraysworld, one granny said how selfish the youngsters were that they didn't support May, just lol, as i see it those old grannies who had it easy are now sucking the life out of British youngsters, as if they were enemies or something like that...... ofc i may be wrong, that's just how i see it....

I think and hope the Tories will go but they are like rats in a corner right now.

I wanted to stay in the EU; if there was another vote I don't think we would leave. The referendum was a farce. David Cameron was trying to hold on to leadership of the Tories. Quite a lot of Tories hated the EU. Cameron agreed to their wish for a referendum if they would vote for him. The campaign was dreadful, the public believed lies put about by Boris Johnson and UKIP whipped up massive racism. Now we have this appalling mess.

It seems older people support the Tories but things are changing. The last few weeks have shown people what they are. I am 72 and have never voted Tory and never would. If I had I would feel ashamed. I accept people's right to different views but can't accept arrogance, lies, manipulation and greed and the Tory party now is dominated by these things. It may have been more honest years ago but not now. If I was young I'd be out on the streets protesting as I did in my teens!

N

Nekro

I think and hope the Tories will go but they are like rats in a corner right now.

I wanted to stay in the EU; if there was another vote I don't think we would leave. The referendum was a farce. David Cameron was trying to hold on to leadership of the Tories. Quite a lot of Tories hated the EU. Cameron agreed to their wish for a referendum if they would vote for him. The campaign was dreadful, the public believed lies put about by Boris Johnson and UKIP whipped up massive racism. Now we have this appalling mess.

It seems older people support the Tories but things are changing. The last few weeks have shown people what they are. I am 72 and have never voted Tory and never would. If I had I would feel ashamed. I accept people's right to different views but can't accept arrogance, lies, manipulation and greed and the Tory party now is dominated by these things. It may have been more honest years ago but not now. If I was young I'd be out on the streets protesting as I did in my teens!
I see, that Boris Johnson is an abomination...

My parents are 60-70 too and they always vote for the socialists, ofc this is a different country, the only time i voted i voted for the socialists too but atm i would vote for the far right here, unfortunately atm they are what resembles a real socialist party..... The ruling "conservative" party are a bunch of thieves but the socialists before them were not only corrupt like them but they also didn't protect the rights of our people on the territories that were taken away after Trianon, and they had also brutally beaten down public protests when people were not satisfied, they even shot out a guy's eye:

this is what the socialists turned into here...

Yes, if i were a British youngster i would go on the streets for sure!!!!

Reactions: Mary
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2442
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 8152
britbox World Affairs 46