UFC 182: Jones vs. Cormier

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey Broken and any one else. Who you got for the headline fight? I think Cormier if he can get inside has good chance of getting Jon Jones to ground and win it, although I think for anybody to beat Jon Jones right now is upset, but outside of Gustaffson, I think Cormier has a better shot than any other light heavyweight. Wish I could watch it. I am at a wedding next Saturday night. So I guess I am going out on a limb and picking an upset. Jones has to lose at some point, but man is he a brutal striker (not to mention an all american wrestler).

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
I am an extremely casual UFC fan, but I'm pretty stoked for this fight. I remember getting into UFC a few years ago and Jon Jones was discerned, at least if online communities are indicative of anything, as a pretty respected and humble athlete. Now he has gone full bad ass. There is so much tension between these two guys - it's pretty awesome.

I still miss Chael Sonnen. He was always my #1.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am excited for this fight, but I actually don't think it will be too competitive. While Cormier is a great wrestler, to really trouble Jones, he needs to be able to set up takedowns with his striking first (kinda like Gustafsson). Given Jones' reach advantage, I don't think DC will be able to get on the inside and I don't see him putting Jones on his back by going for power doubles from the outside.

What has really impressed me about Jones as he matures as a fighter is even though he's not as flashy or exciting as he was when he first hit the scene, he's extremely intelligent inside the cage and makes adjustments on the fly like a true veteran. I think he'll cruise to a noncompetitive decision victory by outstriking from distance Cormier, putting him against the fence, and roughing him up from the clinch.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Credit to D.C, he made it pretty competitive in the first three rounds but ultimately, Jones was on another level in the championship rounds. That dude is ridiculous. Might legitimately be the best ever. His resume, at 27 years of age, is spectacular.

I like he's embracing his inner bad guy too. If you're good at something, especially a combat sport, ain't nothing wrong with letting the world know about it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 12
Riotbeard Other Sports 3
brokenshoelace Other Sports 12