Trump's Presidency

N

Nekro

Not sure why you're taking what that retard says seriously. Many things wrong with it. I'm not particularly PC, and I'm no democrat. But most importantly I'm not sure what voting against your self interest has to do with being PC. Anyway.... :scratch:
I take what he says seriously cause i often feel the same way, on the internet at least, I'm not a 100% politically correct person. I like to crack a joke or 2 from time to time which are not politically correct, just because that's what i do in everyday life too. I'm not going after the, let's say, minority people or anything like that... just the usual blonde woman, etc etc jokes. BTW very funny my blond real life girlfriend never gets offended by blonde woman jokes but random people on the net want to throw me out of internet communities because of them or jokes of similar level offensiveness lol. I could behave 100% PC 100% of the time but that wouldn't be me, why should i join an internet community where i can't be myself...

With my story i just wanted to point out that these PC people may be correct politically but otherwise, as human beings are not correct even to each other.....

With the voting i guess he wanted to say that even if there are some economical or other kinds of disadvantages, getting rid of the PC fascists was more imporant for many people than other considerations...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I take what he says seriously cause i often feel the same way, on the internet at least, I'm not a 100% politically correct person. I like to crack a joke or 2 from time to time which are not politically correct, just because that's what i do in everyday life too. I'm not going after the, let's say, minority people or anything like that... just the usual blonde woman, etc etc jokes. BTW very funny my blond real life girlfriend never gets offended by blonde woman jokes but random people on the net want to throw me out of internet communities because of them or jokes of similar level offensiveness lol. I could behave 100% PC 100% of the time but that wouldn't be me, why should i join an internet community where i can't be myself...

With my story i just wanted to point out that these PC people may be correct politically but otherwise, as human beings are not correct even to each other.....

With the voting i guess he wanted to say that even if there are some economical or other kinds of disadvantages, getting rid of the PC fascists was more imporant for many people than other considerations...

I wouldn't ascribe seriousness to any response that poster has about anything I say :lol6: He's a child and he and I don't get along.

Ask most posters and they'll tell you that I'll mix it up with anyone when it comes to non-PC stuff. For the record I think that democrats in the US are killing themselves by being overly PC. A recent example was Steve Martin complimenting Carrie Fischer on her looks and getting slammed on social media for talking about her looks. The fact he said she was also a brilliant person and great actress didn't seem to cut any weight with them. It's unbelievable! I think that free speech (in anyway you want to have it) is extremely important for the exchange of ideas.

In the case of Ricardo, he's a child who isn't smart enough to debate a point and resorts to abusing people. In a particular case, in an argument I actually agreed with most of his points, he resorted to insulting a woman because he disagreed. I see no reason why we can't be respectful to each other even if we disagree. But the guy is such a moron he's unable to participate in dialectic and resorts to insults instead

N

Nekro

I wouldn't ascribe seriousness to any response that poster has about anything I say :lol6: He's a child and he and I don't get along.

Ask most posters and they'll tell you that I'll mix it up with anyone when it comes to non-PC stuff. For the record I think that democrats in the US are killing themselves by being overly PC. A recent example was Steve Martin complimenting Carrie Fischer on her looks and getting slammed on social media for talking about her looks. The fact he said she was also a brilliant person and great actress didn't seem to cut any weight with them. It's unbelievable! I think that free speech (in anyway you want to have it) is extremely important for the exchange of ideas.

In the case of Ricardo, he's a child who isn't smart enough to debate a point and resorts to abusing people. In a particular case, in an argument I actually agreed with most of his points, he resorted to insulting a woman because he disagreed. I see no reason why we can't be respectful to each other even if we disagree. But the guy is such a moron he's unable to participate in dialectic and resorts to insults instead
The leftists are killing themselves other places too by being overly PC.

That case with Steve Martin you mentioned is the typical idiocy you see on the net too. Normal communication is impossible with PC people in charge....

I don't know too much about Ricardo i just agreed with what he said in this particular case.... It's cool he's young and stuff, i'm happy young people still join message boards, most young people just spam on twitter and other social media....

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Read an article that made me smile on Baby Boomers, Gen X, Gen Y, Millenials etc...

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...nials-generation-x-baby-boomers-a7570326.html

It made me think that what we are witnessing from some younger folk, is a counter-culture of conservatism... in that some things have come full cycle and the new "rebels" - the aggressive minority railing against the "norm" in the young masses aren't the progressives, but the conservatives.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Read an article that made me smile on Baby Boomers, Gen X, Gen Y, Millenials etc...

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...nials-generation-x-baby-boomers-a7570326.html

It made me think that what we are witnessing from some younger folk, is a counter-culture of conservatism... in that some things have come full cycle and the new "rebels" - the aggressive minority railing against the "norm" in the young masses aren't the progressives, but the conservatives.

Absolutely true. Although I wonder if it's not really conservatism at all. There are a lot of populist ideas that rationally make sense for the young to incorporate. Not least a fear for their economic future. Fiscal conservatism makes sense for the young given they'll be the ones footing the bill in the years to come. I'm just not sure that some of the things Trump is planning to do will fit their requirements

N

Nekro

ok so can someone explain to me what's going on with China? lately there were thehttps://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...51727e77fc0_story.html?utm_term=.9c790a3712d3 news about the Trump trademarks: but he applied for these in 2016

Did Trump bully china into giving him the trademarks NOW with the South China Sea, trade war, etc stuff?

Also, how many% are the anti-china stuff Trump and how many% Bannon?

Bannon also brings into it religious issues, like there are 2 big enemies of Christianity, 1 islam and 2 China (even though that's BS, China has like the fastest growing christian population, i guess he based his views on the church demolishment in China which happened because some builder broke some regulations, not for religious reasons)

So for now it's kindofa big mess, i can't see their long term plans regarding China, there is a huge range of issues here, from business interests to totally nutter type of issues, what are your thoughts?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
ok so can someone explain to me what's going on with China? lately there were thehttps://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...51727e77fc0_story.html?utm_term=.9c790a3712d3 news about the Trump trademarks: but he applied for these in 2016

Did Trump bully china into giving him the trademarks NOW with the South China Sea, trade war, etc stuff?

Also, how many% are the anti-china stuff Trump and how many% Bannon?

Bannon also brings into it religious issues, like there are 2 big enemies of Christianity, 1 islam and 2 China (even though that's BS, China has like the fastest growing christian population, i guess he based his views on the church demolishment in China which happened because some builder broke some regulations, not for religious reasons)

So for now it's kindofa big mess, i can't see their long term plans regarding China, there is a huge range of issues here, from business interests to totally nutter type of issues, what are your thoughts?

Very difficult to say at this stage. Trump seems to have Iran and China in his crosshairs... not sure how he'll proceed... but gut feeling is that he could be biting off more than he could chew if he adopts a very aggressive stance.

He seemed to be pretty cold toward Merkel on her visit to Washington.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Very difficult to say at this stage. Trump seems to have Iran and China in his crosshairs... not sure how he'll proceed... but gut feeling is that he could be biting off more than he could chew if he adopts a very aggressive stance.

He seemed to be pretty cold toward Merkel on her visit to Washington.

Yup agreed. Alienating your strongest allies (apart from Japan seemingly) is a bad way to go in a dangerous world. The Chinese trademarks issue seems to be flouting the emoluments clause, just imagine if the Chinese leak at some point that someone in the Trump association reached out to get special favour, that could potentially be impeachable. It's an unnecessary vulnerability, but let's not even go there. I'm more worried about the fact that only one journalist has been able to travel to China with Tillerson which is unprecedented. We all need to have this information as quickly as possible but this WH is making things difficult for information dissemination. Why??

Furthermore, the whole point about TPP was not actually about global trade, but a way of encircling China (which I didn't necessarily agree with), but now the US has effectively left the door open for China to step in and ironically fill the void left by the US. The whole thing is bizarre, but I'm not naive enough to think there isn't a higher logic that will become apparent to the rest of us that fits into Bannon's world view

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not sure why you're taking what that retard says seriously. Many things wrong with it. I'm not particularly PC, and I'm no democrat. But most importantly I'm not sure what voting against your self interest has to do with being PC. Anyway.... :scratch:

here you go again, wanting to push someone who disagrees with you and agrees with me.....exactly what PC heads do, preaching garbage. But of course Federberg is up to his usual tricks again, 'oh i am not PC' and what's funnier, 'oh i am no democrat'......sure after posting 1000s of posts to preach us on why people should vote for democrats (HRC) and how Trump is totally useless without ever doing anything right.

it is easy to see though, when it comes to summarising Federberg, we would always get to the point so easily that he uses Vanity Fairs as an important source of info for making arguments he so cares about. oh and other funny things that really characterise him.....let me look it up, been busy lately :D

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

never mind that Federberg is so into talking crap behind my back, when i am not around. makes me chuckle how butt hurt he is :D

you are right we can all act 100% PC, as it doesn't require much intelligence to do so but then again i suspect the side effect is that it makes people dumb....and dumber. just look at the democrat fans (quite a few exist on this board), endlessly preaching their PC ideals to us as if we are not being 'correct' when we don't oblige. And i say fuk that (pardon the language and spelling:D), they can eat whatever shit just don't expect me to follow their appetite or their herd mentality.

Last edited:
N

Nekro

never mind that Federberg is so into talking crap behind my back, when i am not around. makes me chuckle how butt hurt he is :D

you are right we can all act 100% PC, as it doesn't require much intelligence to do so but then again i suspect the side effect is that it makes people dumb....and dumber. just look at the democrat fans (quite a few exist on this board), endlessly preaching their PC ideals to us as if we are not being 'correct' when we don't oblige. And i say fuk that (pardon the language and spelling:D), they can eat whatever shit just don't expect me to follow their appetite or their herd mentality.
The left is clueless everywhere ard the world atm not just in the US. Now they're whining nonstop about brexit and trump when it's their own stupidity, cluelessness and arrogance that led to all of this. Now they have to eat what they cooked.

Trump news: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obama-climate-regulations-236611

TBH i don't give a damn, i have space for a few orange trees on my lands.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
^Even if I am sure very few people act only based on the will to safeguard the environment -- so I am not assuming that what the Obama administration did about climate was correct -- I suspect Trump is doing something every stupid politician from a developing country is very good at: undo whatever your predecessor from another party did, not because it is wrong, but because the guy was from another party.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Even if I am sure very few people act only based on the will to safeguard the environment -- so I am not assuming that what the Obama administration did about climate was correct -- I suspect Trump is doing something every stupid politician from a developing country is very good at: undo whatever your predecessor from another party did, not because it is wrong, but because the guy was from another party.

I think that a lot of the roll back of regulations makes sense. When you look at the details of some of those Obama EPA regulations they were ridiculously prescriptive. It would be nice if Trump was doing it without such a political tilt to it, but from a business perspective it's a good thing. What I don't understand is the longer term strategy. If you believe, like I do, that climate change is real, then ensuring that the United States is at the forefront of green technology should be a priority. I definitely think some serious thought needs to be put into some sort of carbon tax, and carbon emission trading. At the end of the day, if companies pollute and you do everything you can to allow them to, you are effectively subsidising them. That is not capitilism, it's corporatism. Pollution is a public "bad", and if you earn supernormal profits from that activity, you should pay for the clean up.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
^Well, if you had looked at in detail (I haven´t), and found logic, than fine.

If you believe, like I do, that climate change is real

I will give the best answer I can give as both a scientist and man a bit sensible to politics: I believe that (at least) the climate change threat is real.

The trap that I believe we are falling in is this: The unavoidable intertwining between economic and political interests prevents people from having this debate with the neutral approach it needs.

The way things are, in rough terms "conservative" politicians are backed up by groups with economical interests that would be hindered by policies guided by climate change concerns. On the other hand, "progressive" politicians are backed by groups that would benefit from those same policies. So in general it is very obvious to figure out where does politicians stand in this issue. Nothing new here.

What really bothers me is that their voters repeat those positions blindingly. So in the end we will decide which energy source we should use based on our judgment of in which toilet a transgender person should go. That´s how smart we are.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Well, if you had looked at in detail (I haven´t), and found logic, than fine.

I will give the best answer I can give as both a scientist and man a bit sensible to politics: I believe that (at least) the climate change threat is real.

The trap that I believe we are falling in is this: The unavoidable intertwining between economic and political interests prevents people from having this debate with the neutral approach it needs.

The way things are, in rough terms "conservative" politicians are backed up by groups with economical interests that would be hindered by policies guided by climate change concerns. On the other hand, "progressive" politicians are backed by groups that would benefit from those same policies. So in general it is very obvious to figure out where does politicians stand in this issue. Nothing new here.

What really bothers me is that their voters repeat those positions blindingly. So in the end we will decide which energy source we should use based on our judgment of in which toilet a transgender person should go. That´s how smart we are.

Lol! I couldn't agree more. I am horrified by some of the stuff that people say about their political views these days. It's become so tribal and there seems to be a huge dislocation between personal need and political objective. You only have to look at the number of Trump supporters in the States who wanted to get rid of Obamacare, but liked the ACA, not knowing they are one and the same thing. Only good education can save us all, or at the very least a solid philosophical/ political foundation. For my part, I believe in libertarianism (very different from liberalism), everything flows from there

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
For my part, I believe in libertarianism (very different from liberalism), everything flows from there

Well, my fellow poster, then I hope you´ll forgive my following comment: First please notice that you chose the word "believe" -- which is a dangerous one. Having long debated with you I am sure you can rationally defend that belief, so in fact you have an ideological choice -- I don´t want to patronize, you´ll see the point just now.

Lately I found quite a few people with the same ideological choice (personally, there are lot of things I find interesting in this approach too). But most of them -- not to say all -- have a very naive way of looking at both politics and economics. They actually "believe" in libertarianism, as they would believe in a golden goat. And they are prepared to burn, maybe literally, people with different views. Maybe it is different in Europe (in fact I hope so), maybe not. In any case, the educated ones do have some responsibility on this issue.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, my fellow poster, then I hope you´ll forgive my following comment: First please notice that you chose the word "believe" -- which is a dangerous one. Having long debated with you I am sure you can rationally defend that belief, so in fact you have an ideological choice -- I don´t want to patronize, you´ll see the point just now.

Lately I found quite a few people with the same ideological choice (personally, there are lot of things I find interesting in this approach too). But most of them -- not to say all -- have a very naive way of looking at both politics and economics. They actually "believe" in libertarianism, as they would believe in a golden goat. And they are prepared to burn, maybe literally, people with different views. Maybe it is different in Europe (in fact I hope so), maybe not. In any case, the educated ones do have some responsibility on this issue.

Interesting. What word would you rather I used instead of "believe"? At the end of the day, if someone says they're a communist, all they're really saying is that they believe in communism, or am I missing something? :)