Tom Brady’s Four-Game Suspension Is Upheld by Roger Goodell

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RE: Tom Brady’s Four-Game Suspension Is Upheld by Roger Goodell

I'll say that much though, all these people and channels talking about "evidence" clearly have no idea what the word means. There's zero evidence Brady was involved. I mean, I fully believe he was because, well, I'm not stupid, but there's no evidence.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Broken_Shoelace said:
I'll say that much though, all these people and channels talking about "evidence" clearly have no idea what the word means. There's zero evidence Brady was involved. I mean, I fully believe he was because, well, I'm not stupid, but there's no evidence.

The evidence was of his "uncooperativeness" genius! It's called "consciousness of guilt!" Destroying the cell phone when he was to be deposed on text messages was all they really needed! You go to jail for stuff like that IRL! If he had nothing to hide, he might have done a little bit more than wait to get hit over the head with a lot of "so called" evidence! Brady is the "golden child" and obviously started to believe his own press thinking he could overrule his own COMMISSIONER! He was wrong and I hope this taints his accomplishments of the last 10 years! Notice after being busted for "Spy-gate," they only got sniffs at SB! Now another scandal with him right in the middle of it and he didn't want to take his medicine; a career hit as well as forever being tainted with being a cheat! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Broken_Shoelace said:

I agree. But on various other situations, when it is something against Rafa you and Kieran would bombard saying where is the proof? when most reasonable people could infer things as they are not stupid.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

GameSetAndMath said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

I agree. But on various other situations, when it is something against Rafa you and Kieran would bombard saying where is the proof? when most reasonable people could infer things as they are not stupid.

This isn't about tennis. Keep it on topic.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Broken_Shoelace said:

I'd think the texts between the two equipment managers, the lie Brady told when he said he didn't know a guy that he called dozens of times after the scandal broke out, as well as the fact Brady didn't just refuse to cooperate but destroyed an item of interest in the investigation would qualify as circumstantial evidence. It's true there is no smoking gun but there often isn't even in criminal cases where the defendant is convicted.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

kskate2 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

It is not an attempt to move the topic to tennis. But, I needed to point out the double standards employed.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

GameSetAndMath said:
kskate2 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

It is not an attempt to move the topic to tennis. But, I needed to point out the double standards employed.

It didn't bother me! Some people aren't familiar with terms like "tangents!" :cover :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Hey good folks at TF, Have you ever notice that Bill Belichick looks like he is constipated every time he gives a press conference. Maybe is true because he so full of " yesterday's lunch".

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

the AntiPusher said:
Hey good folks at TF, Have you ever notice that Bill Belichick looks like he is constipated every time he gives a press conference. Maybe is true because he so full of " yesterday's lunch".

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

Never cared for him; esp. after his dismal time in Cleveland! He was the worst coach back then! How times change! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

GameSetAndMath said:
kskate2 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

What double standards? You mention Kieran who didn't even post on this thread. I'm trying to find the correlation.

I understand what BS is saying. Technically, there isn't any tangible proof even though we all know he's guilty as all get out.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

kskate2 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
kskate2 said:

What double standards? You mention Kieran who didn't even post on this thread. I'm trying to find the correlation.

I understand what BS is saying. Technically, there isn't any tangible proof even though we all know he's guilty as all get out.

The double standards are obvious. BS often demands proof beyond a reasonable doubt on many issues when somebody else raises concerns. But, at the same time, he is willing to crucify Tom Brady
without having evidence. I just wanted to point that out to him so that at least he realizes that he is doing it.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

GameSetAndMath said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

You are the absolute king of baffling analogies. But, I'll bite, can you please point out an instance that is remotely comparable to this?

Medical time-outs? I don't need proof. I know they're shady. Gamesmanship? I fully concede he's guilty of that. PED's? THAT'S where you need proof as not only is there zero evidence, there's absolutely zero "red flags" (sorry, muscles and stamina don't count). A player pulling out of a tournament and announcing it late to help him? You think that such a controversial theory that very few agree with to begin with is in any way the same as destroying a cell phone that would have incriminating evidence against him?

I'm sorry I don't believe asking for Bernandez not to umpire his matches is in any way comparable to FIFA corruption. So what are you referring to exactly?

Your above post seriously makes no sense and is super far fetched. But I'm all ears. Show me anything remotely similar concerning Nadal where I demanded proof.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

GameSetAndMath said:
kskate2 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

The double standards are obvious. BS often demands proof beyond a reasonable doubt on many issues when somebody else raises concerns. But, at the same time, he is willing to crucify Tom Brady
without having evidence. I just wanted to point that out to him so that at least he realizes that he is doing it.

LOL @ "crucify." I'm not a huge Football fan but I'm a Tom Brady fan. Please show me where I crucified him or even asked for consequences. I just said nobody is dumb enough to buy what he's selling. That's it. You're literally making stuff up at this point, which is quite consistent with your level of argumentation about anything you feel strongly about.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Fiero425 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

The evidence was of his "uncooperativeness" genius! It's called "consciousness of guilt!" Destroying the cell phone when he was to be deposed on text messages was all they really needed! You go to jail for stuff like that IRL! If he had nothing to hide, he might have done a little bit more than wait to get hit over the head with a lot of "so called" evidence! Brady is the "golden child" and obviously started to believe his own press thinking he could overrule his own COMMISSIONER! He was wrong and I hope this taints his accomplishments of the last 10 years! Notice after being busted for "Spy-gate," they only got sniffs at SB! Now another scandal with him right in the middle of it and he didn't want to take his medicine; a career hit as well as forever being tainted with being a cheat! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy:

Please, before you condescendingly refer to me as "genius" have any idea how the law works. Consciousness of guilt is basically when the prosecution introduces something that puts the defendant's actions in question, as far potentially covering up, or similar behavior, which obviously applies in this case and I've never denied it. But, legally speaking, in the strictest sense of the world, it is not hard evidence by any means.

I'd like to think I know a thing or two about the law.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Broken_Shoelace said:
Fiero425 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

Please, before you condescendingly refer to me as "genius" have any idea how the law works.

Ok, "law clerk" here many years ago! I know what I'm talking about! :angel: :nono :dodgy: :cover

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Fiero425 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Fiero425 said:

Please, before you condescendingly refer to me as "genius" have any idea how the law works.

Ok, "law clerk" here many years ago! I know what I'm talking about! :angel: :nono :dodgy: :cover

...so you should know what consciousness of guilt really is and you should know that not being cooperative is far from strong legal evidence, and again, I'm someone who believes Brady is guilty.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Broken_Shoelace said:
Fiero425 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

...so you should know what consciousness of guilt really is and you should know that not being cooperative is far from strong legal evidence, and again, I'm someone who believes Brady is guilty.

That's why I mentioned it! This doesn't have anything to do with the law, but Brady didn't make himself look innocent by being a real douche and being evasive, uncooperative, and arrogant! This is about public opinion which is more important when it comes to the image of the league! If he had just shrugged a little and gave a weak "awww shucks," Goodell very well may have reduced his penalty to 2 games instead of the 4 he'll have to sit out! I hope it costs them the division, but not sure Buffalo can sustain it with their new coach, Rex Ryan! :nono :angel: :dodgy:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Fiero425 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Fiero425 said:

That's why I mentioned it! This doesn't have anything to do with the law, but Brady didn't make himself look innocent by being a real douche and being evasive, uncooperative, and arrogant! This is about public opinion which is more important when it comes to the image of the league! If he had just shrugged a little and gave a weak "awww shucks," Goodell very well may have reduced his penalty to 2 games instead of the 4 he'll have to sit out! I hope it costs them the division, but not sure Buffalo can sustain it with their new coach, Rex Ryan! :nono :angel: :dodgy:

Agreed, Brady has been found" Guilty " by the "court" of public opinion which is far greater than what the league had in store for him. He should have been straight up with the NFL from the beginning , took his monetary fine and went back to just focusing on his next football opponent but the NFL.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Broken_Shoelace said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

You are the absolute king of baffling analogies. But, I'll bite, can you please point out an instance that is remotely comparable to this?

Medical time-outs? I don't need proof. I know they're shady. Gamesmanship? I fully concede he's guilty of that. PED's? THAT'S where you need proof as not only is there zero evidence, there's absolutely zero "red flags" (sorry, muscles and stamina don't count). A player pulling out of a tournament and announcing it late to help him? You think that such a controversial theory that very few agree with to begin with is in any way the same as destroying a cell phone that would have incriminating evidence against him?

I'm sorry I don't believe asking for Bernandez not to umpire his matches is in any way comparable to FIFA corruption. So what are you referring to exactly?

Your above post seriously makes no sense and is super far fetched. But I'm all ears. Show me anything remotely similar concerning Nadal where I demanded proof.
No Broken. He will not show you that in this thread. That's why I said to stay on topic in the beginning. But some people seem to think that certain requests and rules don't apply to them.

Now for the last time, this is about Brady. If you and GSM want to hash out about Nadal, do it another thread.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

^^I thought this thread belonged to me! I guess I have no rights! Oh well! :rolleyes: :cover :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy: