Tom Brady’s Four-Game Suspension Is Upheld by Roger Goodell

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: Tom Brady’s Four-Game Suspension Is Upheld by Roger Goodell

No, I am not going to get into an extensive or even non-extensive argument with BS over specifics. But, the point here is that whenever it suits their convenience, people do not require a "proof" and are willing to pass a judgment. On the other hand, when some one else resorts to passing judgment without a "proof", they gang up and try to silence others.

The question is what are the standards of proof here and who sets them?

Is not this forum against libelous allegations? Then why are people allowed to allege against Tom Brady that he intentionally destroyed his cell phones to obstruct justice. Where is the proof? It is at best a suspicion, right. :rolleyes:

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

GameSetAndMath said:
No, I am not going to get into an extensive or even non-extensive argument with BS over specifics. But, the point here is that whenever it suits their convenience, people do not require a "proof" and are willing to pass a judgment. On the other hand, when some one else resorts to passing judgment without a "proof", they gang up and try to silence others.

Is not this forum against libelous allegations? Then why are people allowed to allege against Tom Brady that he intentionally destroyed his cell phones to obstruct justice. Where is the proof? It is at best a suspicion, right. :rolleyes:

Which is why I said "I believe Brady is guilty." This is fair game to claim when there are indications that he might be. Notice I didn't call for his head. In fact, IN THIS VERY THREAD I SAID THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE (as in hard evidence) THAT BRADY IS GUILTY!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Broken_Shoelace said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Which is why I said "I believe Brady is guilty." This is fair game to claim when there are indications that he might be. Notice I didn't call for his head. In fact, IN THIS VERY THREAD I SAID THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE (as in hard evidence) THAT BRADY IS GUILTY!

Other folks think there are "indications" about various issues and therefore say certain things and therefore that should be a fair game too.

Just because you think an analogy is improper, does not make an analogy improper.

The analogy here is that if you have a right to say something based on "indications", then others have a right to say other things based on "indications" as well. That should be a fair game too.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Except one indication (in this case, Brady destroying his cell phone) is much more incriminating than whatever indications for someone else.

Again, it's not in your best interest to engage in specifics since they don't back your case. I again challenge you to make a thread where you expose these mysterious double standards you're referring to.

So yeah, this is still absurd. I don't think the analogy is improper, I know it's improper because it's factually not nearly the same, by any person's standards.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Fiero425 said:
^^I thought this thread belonged to me! I guess I have no rights! Oh well! :rolleyes: :cover :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy:
I tried Fiero. But some people are just stuck on their theory no matter how wrong it is. :cover

No worries. I'm deleting anything else that doesn't pertain to your opening post. :)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Suspension overturned.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

DarthFed said:
Suspension overturned.

Total BS! Goodell might as well resign! You can't keep losing these cases while spending millions and getting no satisfaction when it comes to penalties! What a goof! :cover :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

I still think the balls were underinflated and obviously Brady was behind it but the more you read about the Wells report and the investigation the more doubt that is created. Goodell's problem is he thinks he was elected Emperor of Rome and can literally do whatever the "F" he wants.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

DarthFed said:
I still think the balls were underinflated and obviously Brady was behind it but the more you read about the Wells report and the investigation the more doubt that is created. Goodell's problem is he thinks he was elected Emperor of Rome and can literally do whatever the "F" he wants.

That was the power given to him by the CBA! He's been like Cesar with a thumbs up or thumbs down for years! I don't know how he can be taken seriously after these losses in court! The players shouldn't be given relief like this, but Brady obviously is above all others and can cheat to win with impunity! I won't be rooting for him and his dubious organization in New England! :cover :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

With the NFL appealing it's still going to be a mess for awhile to come. I bet something gets released years down the road regarding the contents of the destroyed phone. Nothing is ever truly lost in this day and age.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

The Patriots are becoming a sideline joke in other ways than winning! They don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore when it comes to gamesmanship! I woke to hear about Steelers having technical issues with their headsets in Foxboro! Shocking! The investigation will last longer due to their reputation as cheaters now! ;-)