Time to crown Novak the GOAT?

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Point taken, but we respond to you anyway because you're such an easy target.

Hundred against one, one against hundred, is that even possible?

Yes, I'm a No1e fan! And countryman.

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions

Congratulations @djokernole from you asking me advice on the clay to again winning the French open. Proud of you mate, I’m here anytime, love coach kygs​

Reactions: Kieran

tented

Administrator
Reactions
The internet is filled with Serbian Djoker fans, who aren’t tennis fans, just fans of their hero. Which is great, it’s natural, he’s the most prominent sportsman from that region, far as I know.
There’s a basketball player named Nikola Jokic who’s more popular in the US. He’s from Serbia, but plays for the Denver Nuggets, who just won the NBA finals. Basketball is wildly more popular here than tennis.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
There’s a basketball player named Nikola Jokic who’s more popular in the US. He’s from Serbia, but plays for the Denver Nuggets, who just won the NBA finals. Basketball is wildly more popular here than tennis.
This is the internet, brother, not America! Baseball is merely a local thing to you yanks, the rest of us call it rounders, a girls game… :lol6:

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425 and tented

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is the internet, brother, not America! Baseball is merely a local thing to you yanks, the rest of us call it rounders, a girls game… :lol6:
I played rounders when I lived in England in 6-7th grade. I was so much better than the British brats, it was kinda funny.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Kieran

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He is in the discussion and is making his case more and more with each passing victory and week at #1. Certainly in the Open Era he is one at or near the top. His longevity is astounding, but then I said the same of Roger and Rafa in 2017 and 2022 respectively.

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I played rounders when I lived in England in 6-7th grade. I was so much better than the British brats, it was kinda funny.
Is it the same as baseball? It’s not really played seriously in the British isles..

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry T! I see now that you said basketball. Easy mistake to make, neither of them sports roll off the tongue in Ireland. Glad a Serb is doing well there!

He has the Djoker hairstyle, he could almost pass for a bigger brother! :exploding-head:

IMG_9979.png

Reactions: tented

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Is it the same as baseball? It’s not really played seriously in the British isles..
Not exactly the same, but the basic hand-eye coordination and movements of hitting are very similar, so it translates well. I was pretty good at baseball, so was very good at rounders. Field hockey, on the other hand...ugh.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Sorry T! I see now that you said basketball. Easy mistake to make, neither of them sports roll off the tongue in Ireland. Glad a Serb is doing well there!

He has the Djoker hairstyle, he could almost pass for a bigger brother! :exploding-head:

View attachment 8300

That look reminds of when he heard the Denver Nugget's apprec. parade isn't until Thur.! "You mean I can't leave until Friday? I gotta go home!" :facepalm:

• Wow
Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The internet is filled with Serbian Djoker fans, who aren’t tennis fans, just fans of their hero. Which is great, it’s natural, he’s the most prominent sportsman from that region, far as I know. But the downside is that they think tennis began about 20 years ago, and they have little or no interest in tennis beyond what Novak is doing, which limits their knowledge of the game.

And also, of course, no matter what Novak does, they defend him, which isn’t reasonable, but it’s noticeable. But I don’t begrudge them their moment. It’s huge for them. It’s the non-Serbs who act like Novak is up against the whole world that’s out to get him who should know better..
I think we have discussed this point before, unless you agree with these fans, who arent tennis fans to begin with of Novak, their reply is "Your a Hater", I mean this is kindergarten stuff, if you dont agree with every point they bring up.I mean how can anyone try to a rational conversation with these radical type of fans.

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I think we have discussed this point before, unless you agree with these fans, who arent tennis fans to begin with of Novak, their reply is "Your a Hater", I mean this is kindergarten stuff, if you dont agree with every point they bring up.I mean how can anyone try to a rational conversation with these radical type of fans.

It doesn't snow to cover the hill but for each animal to show its track. (Serbian folk proverb)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I get so frustrated with the news media! These people are college graduates w/ word power that would choke most scholars, but their questions to politician & sports personalities are inane 9 times out of 10! Yeah, Novak is supposed to take the bait and insult the fans so they'll "boo" him even more! I might have to question their intelligence, but it's a no win situation! :fearful-face: :astonished-face::pleading-face::face-vomiting:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I get so frustrated with the news media! These people are college graduates w/ word power that would choke most scholars, but their questions to politician & sports personalities are inane 9 times out of 10! Yeah, Novak is supposed to take the bait and insult the fans so they'll "boo" him even more! I might have to question their intelligence, but it's a no win situation! :fearful-face: :astonished-face::pleading-face::face-vomiting:
Ah the poor bastard, who hates Novak? Tell me and I’ll hit them! But really, you’re right, the press ask stupid questions. He’d have been more dignified if he shrugged that off instead of re-heating an incoherent thought by a basketball player. Or is it baseball? “Nobody hates the good ones?” - some people hate Kyrgios. I hated Petra Korda, and was proven right about him. It’s self serving and needy to reply to a question like this. But bear this in mind - Novak is the only one of the Big 3 who cares deeply about being liked. He’s not so unaffected by his haters, even when they’re computer generated. The other two aren’t insecure in that regard…