[Tignor] The Unified Theory of Rafa

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Not sure if this was posted here or not, but it is an interesting read.

He really needs a fourth theory, though, which is that Rafa is getting older and naturally declining. In fact, it seems like Tignor went to great pains to avoid that possibility.

Anyhow, I found the last part, the "evolution of the game" to be quite interesting and to resonate with a question I posed awhile ago, which is what new style of tennis would come along to beat the Nadal/Djokovic war of attrition style? I found this comment from Rafa particularly interesting: "...the tour in general are moving to hit the ball stronger and quicker, going for winners all the time. So when he wants to play like this and he puts the balls in, just I cannot do nothing.” He's referring to Quentin Halys, but the quote isn't as much about them as it is the tour as a whole.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes I noted that when Rafa was speaking and I thought it was interesting too. It's the Stan Wawrinka method. Of the guys the two young Australians come to mind as proponents of that strategy

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This thread should be closed. You people are disgusting. Making fun out of Rafa's misery. I wonder whether you even go to work, take bath or eat when you are spending all your time thinking about Rafa's downfall. ;)

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
This thread should be closed. You people are disgusting. Making fun out of Rafa's misery. I wonder whether you even go to work, take bath or eat when you are spending all your time thinking about Rafa's downfall. ;)

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rnJushG44[/video]

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

It seems that you are the only one making fun but remember this "what goes around comes around"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Pro Tennis (Mens) 9
El Dude Pro Tennis (Mens) 10