The Small Screen: TV

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I loved that show, but I only watched season 1. I know it was cancelled, but didn't know they actually made 2nd season. Netflix has a tendency to cancel good shows, which is a pity.

Btw I finished watching "Babylon Berlin" season 4 and enjoyed it.

Now I have 2 episodes left of "The Tourist", which @Moxie recommended about a year ago. I like it too, it's fun, plot and characters feel like I'm watching Coen brothers work.
Yeah there’s two seasons. Switch of pace in the second, but the first one ended so powerfully with the scenes in the school that we were having to relearn some small clues that we’d missed, that become central to season 2.

She’s a fabulous actress as well as a great writer..

Reactions: don_fabio

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Apple TV can be hit and miss - both Foundation and For All Mankind basically ruined by anachronistic DIE casting and modish politically motivated storylines, yet both could have been great - but recently we watched two excellent shows, both free from creative interference.

Hijack with Idris Elba is a very good thriller set in the sky on a flight from Dubai to London. The title tells what it’s about and what’s impressive is that they got a whole seven episode mini series out of it, without flab.

Black Bird is simply excellent. Based on a true story, it tells the tale of a crook who went undercover in prison to get a confession from a serial killer. Taron Egerton, Elton John in the movie, and especially Paul Walter Hauser bring the impact in this show…

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hijack with Idris Elba is a very good thriller set in the sky on a flight from Dubai to London. The title tells what it’s about and what’s impressive is that they got a whole seven episode mini series out of it, without flab.
Haven't watched it, but sounds good to me.
Black Bird is simply excellent. Based on a true story, it tells the tale of a crook who went undercover in prison to get a confession from a serial killer. Taron Egerton, Elton John in the movie, and especially Paul Walter Hauser bring the impact in this show…
I enjoyed this show. Good story, well paced. The guy who played serial killer (Paul Walter Hauser) was very convincing in his role. I recommend it too, it's quality TV.

Reactions: Kieran