The Players Sandgren Lost To in 2017

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions

By Scoop Malinowski

Tennys Sandgren has set ablaze the tennis world with his astounding heroics in the Australian Open, reaching the quarterfinal round with his sensational victories against Chardy, Wawrinka, Marterer, Thiem.

There is no doubt there are a lot of ATP and Challenger players who will draw inspiration and extra incentive from what Sandgren has accomplished this month in Melbourne. And especially motivated will be all the players who actually defeated Sandgren last year.

Let’s take a look at the list:

Smyczek in Champaign
JP Smith in Knoxville
Smyczek in Charlottesville
Kozlov in Las Vegas
McDonald in Fairfield
Cameron Norrie in Stockton, Tiburon and Cary (three straight weeks)
Cilic at US Open
Fritz in Vancouver, Aptos (two weeks in a row)
Zverev in Washington DC
Dancevic in Newport
Bachinger in Winnetka
Millot at Wimbledon
Albot in Italy
Vesely in Prostejov
Kukushkin at Roland Garros
Laaksonen in Savannah
Tiafoe in Sarasota
Jarry in Mexico
Janowicz in Mexico
Sakharov in Quebec
Mmoh in San Francisco
Wu in Dallas
Laaksonen in Hawaii
Coppejans at Australian Open

Though Tennys did win two Challengers last year in Tempe and Sarasota, in the first quarter of the year, this list of losses to some name and some little known players does not serve as much of an indicator that Sandgren would be able to suddenly vault his game to reach the quarterfinal of a major. Which only goes to show that nobody should ever give up or count themselves out. You have to keep trying and keep believing.

Sandgren is no doubt a major inspiration for American tennis – and also all struggling players who may feel down and out and ready to hang it up.

Ernesto Escobedo in Houston

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Wait.. I'm confused. You say he won in Sarasota, but you have him losing to Tiafoe. Was it some sort of ATP Tour finals round robin set up?

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Right Leif, Sandgren is a book in the making. And I would be honored to write it with him. Will discuss when I see him next. He's got years of experience in the minor leagues and now suddenly he's a major star who has done heavy damage in a Grand Slam. He's an interesting person who is not afraid to tell it like it is or speak his opinions whether it's politically correct or not. I had a long conversation with him in Sarasota and I know he's good quality people with a strong, intelligent personality. I saw him sign tons of autographs after he beat Kyrgios hugging white, black, asian, all kinds of kids for selfies. He's paid his dues and suffered and deserves to be where he is and he certainly appreciates this glorious success.

Reactions: mrzz

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

My bad. Sandgren lost F in Sarasota and won either Tallahassee or Savannah.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Duke, Sandgren probably just doesn't want to deal with the distractions of arguing politics and religion with a bunch of intolerant anti Christian anti Trump haters. I can understand why he's backing off, he doesn't need these distractions of a bunch of idiots misinterpreting his tweets and other people tweets that he liked or responded to. He is not a racist or a bigot but he is not afraid to criticize anyone, black, jew, asian or whatever. It's not racist to criticize or say not nice things about non whites. Everyone can attack whites and it's okay but when whites attack back or reply back, it's smeared as racist or bigot. It's ridiculous. White people who believe and support Jesus Christ and God are tired of being attacked and called racist because 1.5% of whites and jews owned slaves 200 yrs ago. I absolutely have Sandgren's back on this issue so please don't push on it or hell will break lose. Sandgren is not a racist. Jarmere Jenkins defended him on twitter. I saw and took pictures of Sandgren hugging black kids for selfies after beating Kyrgios at Citi Open.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Duke, I agree, Johnson has been a flop this year, Sandgren deserves the call. But Johnson is close with Isner and Querrey, so that clique will stay intact.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Doogie; Sandgren supports and believes in Jesus Christ and God and he has conservative views. It's not racist or hate, it's a wacky world out there and it's not a crime to be a conservative person who accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior and lives his life according to the Holy Bible.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Chazz, The media attacks on Sandgren are another attack on Christianity and conservative politics. He's not being offensive about his views or opinions but the media wants to pick a fight over it and rake Sandgren over the coals because he has political and religious views different than 99% of the media. The media can't tolerate Sandgren is a free thinker who does not follow the leftist agenda. More power to him for not being afraid to be a non conformist which is rare in the world these days.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Duke, the media is 99% leftist liberal and anti Trump. It's a big cultural war now in America. But that's what the divide and conquer deep state wants. It's easier to rule over chaos. Forcing mass third world immigration on America is not natural and it's a clever, devious way to divide and conquer. I have very similar views to Sandgren, which we discussed at length in Sarasota after he beat Opelka.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Baughman had some big wins as a teenager - can't remember what exactly - but he ended up going to college. Now he's still grinding it out to be a pro. Wish I could remember what he did in juniors, maybe it was a final at a junior major or Kalamazoo.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Tucker Carlson discusses about how the media is hugely anti-white and blatantly and publicly so. This is why people like Sandgren, myself and many others are sick of the hypocrisy and blaming whites for everything...

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Amen Duke.