The First Super Bowl You Remember Watching

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Just curious as to which was the first Super Bowl everyone remembers watching. For me, it was Super Bowl 12 between the Cowboys and the Broncos. That was 1978 and I was seven years old. I remember watching that game on a 12" black and white TV. I absolutely hated the Cowboys (and still do). Weird thing is...I remember absolutely nothing else that happened when I was seven years old. And yes, I'm old (43 as we type). How 'bout you guys?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I remember the very end of the Giants-Bills Super Bowl in 1990 (must be Super Bowl 25). And quite the end it was with Scott Norwood missing wide right from 47 yards to lose it. I was 5 years old at the time. Poor Bills, that is a dubious record that will never be matched again. No other team has even made 3 straight Super Bowls let alone lost 4 in a row.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
^I remember that one. I was 19 and was a freshman in college at Indiana State. Thurman Thomas was a beast, and was MVP worthy, but Norwood missed the FG and Ottis "O.J." Anderson was The MVP by default. Anderson was my first favorite NFL player as a St. Louis Cardinal, so I was pulling for the Giants, solely because of him.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The Giants are my 2nd favorite team due to having so many relatives out in Jersey. My uncle's friend is a CEO of some company and literally gets tickets to every Giants game and every Super Bowl. He was at that Super Bowl in a press box and said he was crying before the kick. If Green Bay was ever in that situation I might do the same.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Uhhhh, Darth...I'm a huge Seahawks fan and have been since the early-mid '90s during the Chris Warren days. How 'bout scoring me some last minute Super Bowl tickets? Just kidding! GO SEAHAWKS!!!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
Uhhhh, Darth...I'm a huge Seahawks fan and have been since the early-mid '90s during the Chris Warren days. How 'bout scoring me some last minute Super Bowl tickets? Just kidding! GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Chris Warren and the mighty Rick Mirer. As much as I still love the NFL it was a different feeling as a kid and a lot had to do with the players at the time and the lack of rules protecting players from any kind of a hard hit. I still am patiently waiting for the next Barry Sanders to emerge...I have a feeling I will be waiting a long time :angel:

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Barry Sanders was the most electrifying player that I've ever seen. He could lose 10 yards and still make you say WOW!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yea I shudder to think what he would have been like if he was on a capable team. Even that offensive line was weak and with Scotty Mitchell at the helm he was seeing 8 in the box pretty damn often. He was the most fun player to watch by a country mile.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
These guys may have been a bit before your time, but Earl Campbell (ultimate power runner) and Eric Dickerson (so smooth) were sights to behold!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
These guys may have been a bit before your time, but Earl Campbell (ultimate power runner) and Eric Dickerson (so smooth) were sights to behold!

Yes they were, I've only seen highlights. Campbell looked like a beast. Dickerson still holds that record as AP fell just a tad bit shy of his 2500 yard prediction this year :lolz:

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Well, damn...I just realize that I went and hi-jacked my own thread!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Raiders/Redskins 1984. Channel 4 started televising it in the UK from 1983 and the sport developed a massive cult following with the replica tops becoming fashion items. I had an "Allen 32" Raider top, and you'd see plenty of Dolphins (Marino), Redksins (Riggins), Bears (Payton), Giants (Taylor), 49ers (Montana) jerseys knocking around.

Raiders routed the Redskins that year.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Super Bowl XIII (13). Steelers/Boys rambled at the Orange Bowl in 1979. I was 10. Franco tossed in some big yards, but TB threw 4 TD passes. I remember bits and pieces of previous bowls, but this one sticks out w/ the most memories for me.