The curious cases of Josh Gordon and Ray Rice

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
OMG, some characters in the NFL looks like.:nono

The other night I was listening to a sports show here and I wasn't paying that much attention, but they said that there were some dozen or so domestic violence incidents in NFL in the last 3 years and only a handful of games suspensions as a result.:puzzled

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah that is changing now Billie. AP is going to be missing most if not the rest of the season now and that's a top 5 player in the NFL too. If that doesn't get the point across to the rest of the league nothing will.

And apparently Josh Gordon's suspension has been reduced to 10 games at most.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Yeah that is changing now Billie. AP is going to be missing most if not the rest of the season now and that's a top 5 player in the NFL too. If that doesn't get the point across to the rest of the league nothing will.

And apparently Josh Gordon's suspension has been reduced to 10 games at most.

Darth, I doubt that AP misses more than a game, this wouldn't classify as domestic violence, IMO

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Before Ray Rice I'd agree with you but the NFL will feel pressure to come down hard on AP. I bet he gets at least 4 games.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger Goodall give a press conference and every new's mediium stops their regular telecasts to air his speech.. Damn, thats power.. Heck.. I was trying to check to see if how the Alibaba(BABA) stock was doing..:laydownlaughing

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Damage control for Goodell but it's way too late for him. He's hoping this season proves to be dynamite and people put all this in the back of their minds. Even the kickers are going crazy though at least Rob Bironas was retired.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11573462/caller-told-911-rob-bironas-was-driving-erratically-tried-run-car-road

The NFL badly needs a story where a star running back saves a kitten from being run over or something.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Surprising news. I don't think any teams will bite since Indy already said they aren't interested. Of all the playoff teams and contenders they probably have the weakest rb's right now. Someone might pick him up in the offseason.