The Beatles The White Album 5oth Anniversary Edition

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I loved that video.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here's some tracks that were recorded for possible inclusion for THE WHITE ALBUM. I know of some fans who would argue the album should have been a 3 LP while others argue it was too non-cohesive double LP product and should have been a single LP. What do you do ?

and the most controversial of all , don't forget it was the height of Psychedelia:yahoo::

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don't like the Mary Jane one much.
thanks mate. by the way vince evert is the same as Robert Zimmerman as i couldn't recall my previous p/words and log in and so i started up a new alias.

"What's the new Mary Jane" is for sure one of the more bizzare productions as Lennon and his wife, after the initial recording was cut, kept adding sound effects during the overdubbings. They did the same with "Revolution number 9". I would expect the soon-to-be released will have the "Mary Jane" track in it's original form.

Reactions: britbox

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
'SOUR Milk Sea" was attempted but then given to another singer to cut. Interesting stuff.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
thanks mate. by the way vince evert is the same as Robert Zimmerman as i couldn't recall my previous p/words and log in and so i started up a new alias.

"What's the new Mary Jane" is for sure one of the more bizzare productions as Lennon and his wife, after the initial recording was cut, kept adding sound effects during the overdubbings. They did the same with "Revolution number 9". I would expect the soon-to-be released will have the "Mary Jane" track in it's original form.
I'm very sorry to interrupt your conversation but I thought you were doing very well for a newbie but the fact you're not new but an old-timer with log-in issues who decided to re-register explains everything. I mean when I was new I just chatted & when a poetry section was started for me I just started getting all my old poems from computer files & copying & pasting as well as sharing new ones & when the horse section was started for me I just shared horse stories & poems I made up, some jokes & songs so I posted a lot to start with & had the odd chat about books but you started creating threads almost immediately. I didn't know how to do that until told. Nice to meet you!

Reactions: Vince Evert

Horsa

Reactions
Since I interrupted with a response without making a relevant reply I'd best give a relevant comment. My favourite Beatles song full stop is let it be. (I think that's on the white album but since I was only born in the early 80's I'm not 100% sure.) I had to sing it in High School & loved it. It also helped me through some hard times.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm very sorry to interrupt your conversation but I thought you were doing very well for a newbie but the fact you're not new but an old-timer with log-in issues who decided to re-register explains everything. I mean when I was new I just chatted & when a poetry section was started for me I just started getting all my old poems from computer files & copying & pasting as well as sharing new ones & when the horse section was started for me I just shared horse stories & poems I made up, some jokes & songs so I posted a lot to start with & had the odd chat about books but you started creating threads almost immediately. I didn't know how to do that until told. Nice to meet you!

thank you EquineAnn for the very warm welcome. Yes Robert Zimmerman was my previous username but have not been here for more than a year and could not find my previous passwords. Britbox and admin are welcome to delete my previous IP and Robert Zimmerman id if they want. I hope they will keep my previous posts/topics however.

Reactions: Horsa and britbox

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is going to be one of the highlights when the remastered deluxe comes out. A loosey goosey version that was actually the original before the Liverpool icons rocked it up :clap:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
thank you EquineAnn for the very warm welcome. Yes Robert Zimmerman was my previous username but have not been here for more than a year and could not find my previous passwords. Britbox and admin are welcome to delete my previous IP and Robert Zimmerman id if they want. I hope they will keep my previous posts/topics however.
Hey vince, we can transfer the old posts to your new account if you like?

Reactions: Vince Evert

Horsa

Reactions
You're welcome, Vince. I understand. I had P.C. probs & couldn't get on at 1 time but it was also my Camelot, niume & facebook accounts I couldn't get on at 1 time to share my poems with friends. I managed to get to change my password for here though so it was good. My P.C. probs are sorted though now. I'm sure they'll help you as best they can. They might be able to merge your accounts.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Helter Skelter is just a track we did in total madness and hysterics in the studio. You know, sometimes you've just go shake out the jam."

JOHN LENNON;

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Since I interrupted with a response without making a relevant reply I'd best give a relevant comment. My favourite Beatles song full stop is let it be. (I think that's on the white album but since I was only born in the early 80's I'm not 100% sure.) I had to sing it in High School & loved it. It also helped me through some hard times.
there is takes 22 and 23 of "Let it Be' available on YouTube in colour where SirPaul sings an extra verse. I'll see if i can find and post on a separate topic.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now back to the White Album. One of the most beautiful of McCartney's songs.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great little joke song from Lennon. His wife joins in the Chorus. One of few songs where her background voice actually works and suits a song.