The BEATLES Appreciation Topic

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Before watching 8 days a week the only films I'd seen with Beatles songs in the title were the following Beatles films themselves.

I tried to share all full-length versions of these films but couldn't. Sorry.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the famous rooftop concert is back on youtube (JAN 1969). Look at the reactions of the British Bobbies not really wanting to put a stop to the Beatles random act as they disrupt a working day

tented

Administrator
Reactions
the famous rooftop concert is back on youtube (JAN 1969). Look at the reactions of the British Bobbies not really wanting to put a stop to the Beatles random act as they disrupt a working day

Did you know the director Peter Jackson is currently working on restoring the film? It has been out-of-print since the early 80s, so it will FINALLY be available again. Here is another article.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
and when you flip the Paperback Writer single/45rpm over, you get this remarkable B-side

Reactions: tented

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Did you know the director Peter Jackson is currently working on restoring the film? It has been out-of-print since the early 80s, so it will FINALLY be available again. Here is another article.

Yes it should be great to see and hear. Let it be restored with extra film and outtakes. Think i posted a couple LIB videos here last year where McCartney singing an extra verse (ie Brother Malcolm) which is different from the master.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
found this unusual clip in color. It's hard to say if it's legit or if someone has colorised it with some software program. Whatever... It's up to you to decide.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
This brings back some fun memories. The Blue Album was my introduction to the Beatles, back in the early/mid 1970s.
My family were big Beatles fans so I grew up listening to them. The teachers in our High School were big Beatles fans so we had to sing Beatles songs in assembly & learn Beatles songs in music class. I was often singing them. I've got the Blue Album.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A little update regarding the forthcoming Let It Be movie has surfaced.

Jeff Jones from Apple says "We have created a brand-new film that will attempt to bust the myth that the ‘Let It Be’ sessions were the final nail in the Beatles’ coffin". A few minutes of some of the new footage was shown at the Grammy weekend with Variety making the following observation -

"An amazing counter-narrative to “Let It Be” film has ensued: It’s brighter both visually and spiritually, with many, many shots of the Beatles joking around, making fun of each other, singing in silly accents and generally indulging in vintage Moptop hijinks.
It also features many scenes of the group rehearsing songs from the “Abbey Road” album — their true swan song, which would be recorded over the following summer — and even rough versions of songs that would appear on solo records. On the basis of this clip, Beatles fans will lose their minds over this film".

The film looks like it will get a release date of October 2020 and I am sure a gradual tsunami of interest from the media will build up over the coming months after the 50th Anniversary album is released in May. A special book covering the film and music will get released in October too.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Beatles presser from their 1966 Japan tour. Interesting stereo effect here:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In 1995 when the 'free as a bird' was on release, George Harrison talked about it and also the Anthology television series on local TV show 'Today Tonight'. George was here for the adelaide Grand Prix.

The interviewer asked him about the Elvis and BEATLES meeting and later EP with President Nixon, George comment was interesting - "he was found with some blood in his drugstream" :

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is John , Paul , George and Pete Best from their ill-fated audition at Decca West Hampstead, North London, England studio.