Tennis players balance body image

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am happy that Serena is very secure in herself and doesnt let the jealousy get to her.She looks healthy and young looking because she doesnt starve herself to remain small in the top ten....lol

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think there is pressure on some players to maintain a certain weight...at one time I wondered why Hantuchova looked like she did ..it was disturbing then Ivanovic went through the same phase and her results on court were really bad...Aga looked very slim and old beginning of the year and doesnt seem to have energy to finish 3 sets and now Bouchard looks very slim....is there a problem in the locker room ...

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
does anyone has a feeling that there is someone who is feeding the media all this nonsense about Serena and knows that if Serena gets the Grand slam her endorsements will rise to very good heights....scared about something
The bigger a celebrity you are the more nonsense there is. And people you wouldn't know from a hole in the ground all have an opinion about you. Usually a negative one because that makes for better copy. Her attitude towards it all is probably one of "you keep whining, and I'll keep winning." ;)

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
Well, there is a ton of ped using athletes out there so the question is... who is unfortunate enough to be caught ;)
Usa athletes (just for example, don't get upset with it ;)) tends to have a lot of "protection" on big events (mostly Olympics) so as other big/great/influential countries... nothing new there... it was very "political" back in the days and now is basically the same but with a lot of $$$$$$ "flavor" ;)
Tennis (unfortunately) isn't excluded from that (imho very dark & simply unfair) side of sports but there's a lot of $$$ going on and when's a lot of $$$ going on, "shady things" usually stays "under the surface" ;)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
I am happy that Serena is very secure in herself and doesnt let the jealousy get to her.She looks healthy and young looking because she doesnt starve herself to remain small in the top ten....lol

Serena looks pretty secure in the eyes of this poster.:clap

Attachments

• serena-williams-new-york-magazine-lead.jpg
    serena-williams-new-york-magazine-lead.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 63