Tennis Frontier Cincinnati Draw Challenge

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Usually if a man wins on the Sunday, he gets an extra day off. Federer plays tomorrow, and that's how it should be. But Tsonga should have been given the same privilege too...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Usually if a man wins on the Sunday, he gets an extra day off. Federer plays tomorrow, and that's how it should be. But Tsonga should have been given the same privilege too...

OK. Cool it. It is not due to any mistreatment of Tsonga. Tsonga is not a top 8 player
and so has an extra round to player. All first round matches are shceduled during the
three days Sunday to Tuesday. Tsonga got the best deal as he was not asked to play
on Sunday (which is physically impossible) or Monday (which would be insensitive).

Tsonga need to play six matches (if he keeps on winning) in Cincy. Considering
the finals is on sunday, today is the latest his first match can be scheduled.

If he were in top 8, he would have been given the same privilege as Federer too.
Look at Venus, same story. She played on Sunday in Montreal too.

Think before you speak. :s

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:

OK. Cool it. It is not due to any mistreatment of Tsonga. Tsonga is not a seeded player
and so has an extra round to player. All first round matches are shceduled during the
three days Sunday to Tuesday. Tsonga got the best deal as he was not asked to play
on Sunday or Monday.

If he were in top 8, he would have been given the same privilege too.

Think before you speak. :s

I'm totally cool, trust me. I thought Tsonga was rated higher for this event. Pity for him, then, that he played today. Bigger pity for anyone who favoured him in the draw challenge... ;)

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
They couldn't have waited another day to play a first round tie but they could have at least put Jo in the night session, for what difference it would have made giving him some more hours rest.

EDIT: Rest of this was wrong thread.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Clearly this conversation gets everyone's 'blood' up. Can we talk about what the various "doping" options are, and what benefits they provide, specifically to tennis players? I know it's not all just "steroids." Also, how either blood testing or urine testing makes the test either more/less effective? Front, you know a lot about this, but if you could go from the elementary and explain it, without just adding links and assuming we get it, that would be helpful for the lay-people.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
For those of you, who wanted, the "cheat sheet" by Tignor is out. You can use it to create your entries, at your peril.

Just a quick reminder that new and returning posters can still submit entries for the contest. As mentioned in the OP, for new and returning posters, soft deadline is 11:00 AM on Wednesday and hard deadline is 11:00 AM on Thursday (when the round of 16 matches begin)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Clearly this conversation gets everyone's 'blood' up. Can we talk about what the various "doping" options are, and what benefits they provide, specifically to tennis players? I know it's not all just "steroids." Also, how either blood testing or urine testing makes the test either more/less effective? Front, you know a lot about this, but if you could go from the elementary and explain it, without just adding links and assuming we get it, that would be helpful for the lay-people.

Why are you doping in this thread? :nono

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Moxie629 said:

Why are you doping in this thread? :nono

I agree. I don't get what got in moxie's mind to bring this up here. And please for any type of similar discussions, open dedicated thread and do not invade the other threads, because this subject drives me crazy. I do not want to see any hints of such nature, when we discuss tennis.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I am bleeding, four of my QF picks have already lost and the third round has not yet started. :cry

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Final Reminder to New and Returning Members:

This is your last chance to submit entries. You may do so anytime before
11:00 AM EDT on Thursday, when the round of 16 matches start.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I am bleeding, four of my QF picks have already lost and the third round has not yet started. :cry

I am afraid to even look at my picks....I think I still have Wawrinka, Fed and Murray out of all. You can't be worse than me.:cry My hope is that Murray at least makes the final because the top half is completely ruined.;)

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
I like to see updated standings before semis, after too.
Who is in the running?

I shall reveal the first part of the prize, I have for the winner a 2014 Media guide for ATP and WTA tours.
This is a 500 page color book highlighting everything Tennis. This by itself is priceless as there is no price on it!
:)

stay tuned for more.

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
TennisFanatic7 said:
QFs: Djokovic - Tsonga, Cilic - Dimitrov, Gulbis - Berdych, Murray - Federer
SFs: Djokovic - Cilic, Gulbis - Federer
F: Djokovic - Federer
W: Federer

Dark Horse: Murray
Wildcard: Anderson

Oh dear, horrendous picks from me aside from one quarter :puzzled .

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Leaderboard (After QF)

1. Nehemeth 45
2. Bounce It 35
3. Moxie 30
4. Billie 25
5. TF7 20
6. Riotbeard 15
7. Kieran 10
8. GSM 10

Only Nehemeth, Bounce It and TF7 have chances of their points increasing.
Others are done actually.

This tourney might become the record setter in lowest points obtained by the winner
of the contest.

p.s. I did quick work and so there may be minor errors. I will doublecheck tomorrow.

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
Unsurprising for there to be such low scores. Robredo is one of the last people you'd expect to take out the #1 to reach the quarters, and Benneteau in the last 4, you gotta be joking, right? :)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
What If Scenario: If Fed wins the tourney, Bounce It wins the contest and in all other
cases, Nehemeth wins the contest.

Note: Results become official only after announcement.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Then just like in Cincy finals, we have two competing.
Will it be Bounce-it?
Will it be Nehemeth?

The full prize also includes a Tennis Ball from Cincy(used on the courts), US Open series color note-book and W&S Open official program.

ff83590394466aa585ed0eb41fb7a572c9b21eb_r.jpg

I will ship tomorrow if winner PM me their address.