TEB BNP PARIBAS ISTANBUL CUP 2014

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
Kiu said:
Roberta has been so so all year. I thought she got over the hump in Romania but she fizzled in the Final, she must be tired too.

:huh: Are you serious? Did you really gave Vinci a chance against Simona on her home ground? :laydownlaughing
Maria on clay would have lost this match too! Simona would have rather died before losing at home.
Sometimes you come with the most weird stuff dear correspondent.
You didnt expect Halep to stay 4th in rankings, soon she will be 2nd. DEAL WITH IT and stop pretending that you are her fan while you dislike her.
Its not a shame to dislike a player, I also dislike some. People appreciate honesty more than a fake accuracy.
Tennis fans can be so weird and funny in their own little bubble :D
"How strange"...

As for Vinci, she actually improved in last months after horrible start of the year. She is on the rise, not on a slump. I am impressed by the way she came back, Errani may do the same soon. Those Italians have a fighting spirit, same as Pennetta.

I didn't think she was to beat Simo, but she could have played better, She didn't put up much of a fight.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
I stand corrected, Vinci was pretty good today and took it to the youngster who didn't have much to give back.
It's Caro vs. Roberta in the final.
#1 vs. #2
That sounds good.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sunday, July 20, 2014 FINALS

Centre Court

14:30 - Misaki Doi / Elina Svitolina (JPN / UKR) V Oksana Kalashnikova / Paula Kania (GEO / POL) 64 60

17:00 - [1] Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) V [2] Roberta Vinci (ITA) 61 61

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Clearly out of gas and energy, Roberta is no match for Caro who wins the first set 6-1

Oh, BTW..I LIKE CARO'S OUTFIT!

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Early in the second set. Caro breaks Roberta at love to get ahead 2-1
Roberta's strokes have nothing to give, unable to handle Wozs' deep groundies, most of Roberta's replies end into the net. As much as I like Caro, this is kinda becoming painful to watch.

6th game of the second set brought a couple of break points for Roberta but to no avail, Caro holds tough for a 5-1 lead. That was the last stand.

2 MP for Caro and she wins it on the second via another Roberta ball into the net.

Congrads to Caro.
6-1 6-1

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Happy hours are back? - hope so. It's been a good week for Caroline starting out with serving 2 bagels and ending the week handing two breadsticks - not bad at all. And to all that she's been playing convincing tennis most of the week - welcome back on top Caroline :clap:clap:clap Nice to see Monica Seles again:

Bs_1R9PIgAAqGns.jpg

Bs_2N57CIAAuzeG.jpg

If it wasn't enough Caroline advances two places in the rankings being new #13 passing 2 other Italians - Errani and Pennetta.

That was Istanbul the first hard court tournament in the second half of 2014 - who's taking care of the second one in Baku?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations Caroline a Impressive win...well done!!!!!!!
Nice to see your new ranking of No 13th with this win as well.