Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I don't know whether you guys have heard of this. When the score was 28-3, Genie Bouchard predicted on twitter that Falcons will win. A random guy asked her will she go out with him if Pats win the match. She said sure, thinking it is impossible. She now owes a date to a random guy on twitter. Will she honor it?

Apparently she will honor it. WGN (my local news) interviewed the guy and he stated she would honor the tweet.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I think Brady has the stats and the rings to make a rock solid case that he is the greatest quarterback ever. You compare him with a guy like Rodgers and Peyton Manning and it gets tricky, as I'd say both have/had more talent and put up better numbers despite being on far worse franchises. But neither has the rings and in Manning's case he did pretty poorly in the playoffs.

Compare the playoff stats between Rodgers and Brady and you'll be shocked at how badly AR outperforms him in every way except for the fact his defense is historically awful in the playoffs. Rodgers defense has given up an average of 36.3 PPG in the 7 losses they've had in his career. Including games where they've given up 51, 45, and 44. The Pats have never given up 44 or more in Brady's whole career, let alone 3 times out of 16 playoff games. Quite frankly Rodgers career has been wasted with incompetent coaching and a washed up general manager who refuses to get free agents that could help fix this mess of a defense. If AR gets to 3-4 rings you'd have a case that he is GOAT but it's not going to happen.

First AR is very talented ..I think he is the most gifted qb I seen since Marino..That's really who he should be compared too although Dan wasn't as mobile.

I was a young kid but I watched all of Joe Montana's postseason games(the highs and a few lows).. Joe faced some real monsters( Singletary and Da Bears, LT and the GMen ) but so have Brady(R lewis , Terrell Sugs and the Ravens). The first two super bowls for Joe, he didnt have Jerry Rice but had Dwight Clark and Freddie Soloman..avg running back in Wyndel Tyler but later Roger Craig.. Brady really didn't have anyone worth mentioning but this is really about who is the better QB especially during the post season.. Here are the stats..

Super Bowl Marks:
Championships — Tom Brady: 5 | Joe Montana: 4
Most Valuable Player Awards — Tom Brady: 4 | Joe Montana: 3
Record — Tom Brady: 5-2 | Joe Montana: 4-0
Touchdowns — Tom Brady: 15 | Joe Montana: 11
Interceptions — Tom Brady: 5 | Joe Montana: 0
Completion Percentage — Tom Brady: 67.0 | Joe Montana: 68.0
Passing Yards — Tom Brady: 2,071 | Joe Montana: 1,142
Completions — Tom Brady: 207 | Joe Montana: 83
Passer Rating — Tom Brady: 95.3 | Joe Montana: 127.8
Margin of Victory in Super Bowl Wins — Tom Brady: +19 | Joe Montana: +76

Career Postseason Marks:
Record — Tom Brady: 25-9 | Joe Montana: 16-7
Touchdowns — Tom Brady: 63 | Joe Montana: 45
Interceptions — Tom Brady: 31 | Joe Montana: 21
Completion Percentage — Tom Brady: 62.7 | Joe Montana: 62.7
Passing Yards — Tom Brady: 9,094 | Joe Montana: 5,772
Completions — Tom Brady: 831 | Joe Montana: 460
Passer Rating — Tom Brady: 89.0 | Joe Montana: 95.6
Game-Winning Drives — Tom Brady: 10 | Joe Montana: 5

I am bias towards Joe because he was my childhood hero. However, Tom Brady does create a compelling argument. If I had to choose a qb to play just one game for the sake of my livelihood it would be Joe , If Joe wasn't available, I would choose Tom. IMO

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He may end up being compared to Marino which is incredibly unfortunate. But again, Marino underperformed badly in the playoffs. Rodgers has been tremendous in the playoffs but has little to show for it. That's just the way it's worked out when you have an awful general manager in Thompson and God awful coaches (McCarthy and Capers). The three stooges should've all been fired years ago but there is no accountability on the team, they like being something barely above mediocre year after year.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
He may end up being compared to Marino which is incredibly unfortunate. But again, Marino underperformed badly in the playoffs. Rodgers has been tremendous in the playoffs but has little to show for it. That's just the way it's worked out when you have an awful general manager in Thompson and God awful coaches (McCarthy and Capers). The three stooges should've all been fired years ago but there is no accountability on the team, they like being something barely above mediocre year after year.

It's will be unfortunate if Rodgers doesn't win another championship...Can you imagine if he was on the Broncos with that defense..

Still the Pack is miles ahead of the Niners organization..Darth.. I can still remember watching the last Super Bowl vs the Ravens. Late in the 4 quarter, Frank Gore breaks open a long run. As he is galloping, I was just saying to myself, Lord. I have seen this too many times before..Gore breaks open a hole but doesn't have breakaway speed to finish the run. I knew when he got caught on the 5 yard line, Jim Harbaugh and staff would screw up 1st and Goal at the 5 yard line..Remember the score was 34-31 and the Niners could have taken the lead..Well the rest is history and the total end of that team's championship aspirations..Coaches decisions truly have a major impact on the field..that's why Billy B is the GOAT with his cheating azz.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
We don't even need the Broncos defense man. Give us a middle of the pack defense these past 6 years and Rodgers has us in 2-3 more SB's in that time with probably a couple more rings.

I know you don't think highly of Harbaugh but I totally disagree. I think Harbaugh is the 2nd best coach in all of football behind Billy Boy. Look at San Fran before he arrived and after he left. Look at Michigan before he arrived and where they are now after just 2 years. The guy is a prick but he is clearly one of those coaches that makes a huge impact immediately. If the Packers landed him I have no doubt we'd be seeing a bunch more SB's in the near future. But we are stuck with a garbage coach in McCarthy who refuses to get rid of the dinosaur Dom Capers at Defensive Coordinator.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
We don't even need the Broncos defense man. Give us a middle of the pack defense these past 6 years and Rodgers has us in 2-3 more SB's in that time with probably a couple more rings.

I know you don't think highly of Harbaugh but I totally disagree. I think Harbaugh is the 2nd best coach in all of football behind Billy Boy. Look at San Fran before he arrived and after he left. Look at Michigan before he arrived and where they are now after just 2 years. The guy is a prick but he is clearly one of those coaches that makes a huge impact immediately. If the Packers landed him I have no doubt we'd be seeing a bunch more SB's in the near future. But we are stuck with a garbage coach in McCarthy who refuses to get rid of the dinosaur Dom Capers at Defensive Coordinator.

Darth..it's because I saw way too many games where the Niners should have won whereas Jim made some poor coaching decisions.A lot of people think Jim is a great coach.. I think he is good but I really think His brother John is vastly better. John wins with less and is never really out coached even by Billy B. I thought Pete Carroll was gonna be a great coach but he has showed he needs the best talent to overcome his short comings as an Xs and O guy. McCarthy may not be your cup of tea but he is consistently in the playoffs.,he is like a Better version of Andy Reid.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He's a much worse version of Andy Reid my friend. Reid has consistently gotten to the playoffs with McNabb, Smith, and other QB's that can't hold Rodgers' jock. Getting to the playoffs in the NFL is no big deal, you are talking 6 of 16 teams in the conference.

Harbaugh was within a hair of making the SB with Alex Smith at QB, and he did make it with Kaepernick and dang near made it the following year, narrowly losing to Seattle. Give him a superstar QB and he'd be winning a couple rings at least.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He is the GOAT, id have argued he was even if he never won a 5th ring. But like I've said before in football there can be a difference between greatest and best.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
I don't know whether you guys have heard of this. When the score was 28-3, Genie Bouchard predicted on twitter that Falcons will win. A random guy asked her will she go out with him if Pats win the match. She said sure, thinking it is impossible. She now owes a date to a random guy on twitter. Will she honor it?

Apparently she will honor it. WGN (my local news) interviewed the guy and he stated she would honor the tweet.

Yep, she did honor it. They went for Nets game in NY I think. The guy even got to kiss her. :heart:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
kskate2 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Yep, she did honor it. They went for Nets game in NY I think. The guy even got to kiss her. :heart:

That's all he got to was first base:nono..I am gonna have to get that dude's player's card revoked :snicker:snicker

Give AP a date with Miss Swiss Miss:basiate..I would assure you I get better results :angel: