3. Matteo Berrettini
4. Borna Coric
5. Andrey Rublev
6. Mikhail Kukushkin
7. Adrian Mannarino
8. Casper Ruud

stpete568-2.jpg

The Tournament:

The St. Petersburg Open is played on indoor hard courts. It will be the 24th edition of the St. Petersburg Open, and part of the ATP World Tour 250 Series of the 2019 ATP World Tour.

About St. Petersburg:

Saint Petersburg is one of the modern cities of Russia, as well as its cultural capital. Founded by Peter the Great in 1703. The Historic Centre of Saint Petersburg and Related Groups of Monuments constitute a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Saint Petersburg is home to The Hermitage, one of the largest art museums in the world. Many foreign consulates, international corporations, banks, and businesses have offices in Saint Petersburg. For it's canals and Italian marbles, it is often called the Venice of Russia.

Think-Russia-StPetersburg-SaviorChurch-472034025-romanevgenev-copy.jpg
st-petersburg.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I see that Thiem is defending champ, and not playing. I think (could be wrong) that Zverev has played here. Very interesting bunch of Next Gens as top seeds. This could be very interesting.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I see that Thiem is defending champ, and not playing. I think (could be wrong) that Zverev has played here. Very interesting bunch of Next Gens as top seeds. This could be very interesting.
Very Interesting.. Medvedev is like the energized bunny

Reactions: Moxie

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Stan pulled out due to a leg injury

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@mrzz: Your man Rosol is in via qualifying, and plays another qualifier in his first round.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Wonder if Medvedev can back up his us open run, in such a small event needs to improve he's record in finals I think it's 2-5 this season.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
@mrzz: Your man Rosol is in via qualifying, and plays another qualifier in his first round.

(ok, I'll play along)

Yes, the greatest ball striker of all time finally overcame a lot terrible problems and made to a main draw again. It is very rare that he can play at full force, let's hope this is one of the occasions. It is one of his best surfaces, in fact. His favorite surfaces are:

fast hards
medium hards
slow hards
clay
grass

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It was looking like Rublev is on his way out with Ivashka serving at 4:3 in the 3rd. They played long game which Rublev won and then also 2 more games to seal it 6:4.

It's quite possible to have all russian final here. Waiting for Medvedev - Rublev match, that could be fun.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Wonder if Medvedev can back up his us open run, in such a small event needs to improve he's record in finals I think it's 2-5 this season.

Seriously? 2019 was his breakout year on tour. Just reaching that many finals was unreal. How many players have won their first slam final? And against Nadal? All the finals he lost btw were to top players so no shame whatsoever. Lost the Montreal final and the USO final to Nadal and Washington to Kyrgios. Not like he lost to some donkeys the way you're saying he needs to improve his record in finals. He flew up to world number 4 and is improving all the time. Next year watch out ATP. No one wants to face him.

He's only playing here to keep his nation happy being Russian.

Last edited:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seriously? 2019 was his breakout year on tour. Just reaching that many finals was unreal. How many players have won their first slam final? And against Nadal? All the finals he lost btw were to top players so no shame whatsoever. Lost the Montreal final and the USO final to Nadal and Washington to Kyrgios. Not like he lost to some donkeys the way you're saying he needs to improve his record in finals. He flew up to world number 4 and is improving all the time. Next year watch out ATP. No one wants to face him.

Juan won his first final but it wasn't vs the king of clay

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions

I love Medvedev him and thiem are my, second favourite players but he does need to improve in finals, does not matter who he plays, don't what to be the guy who always lost in the finals, what hes done this season is awesome and Im happy with his season. but as fan I would to see Medvedev win more finals, in my option hes had a better season than Federer and even played at a higher level sometimes.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I love Medvedev him and thiem are my, second favourite players but he does need to improve in finals, does not matter who he plays, don't what to be the guy who always lost in the finals, what hes done this season is awesome and Im happy with his season. but as fan I would to see Medvedev win more finals, in my option hes had a better season than Federer and even played at a higher level sometimes.

Ok so which of his final losses would you have liked him to have actually won? Montreal v Nadal or the USO v Nadal? Maybe both? :p

Btw, how can he be the one who always lost his finals when he won 2 of 5 this year? The guy who lost all his finals is poor Julien Benneteau.

Medvedev already has 5 titles.

Last edited:

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Ok so which of his final losses would you have liked him to have actually won? Montreal v Nadal or the USO v Nadal? Maybe both? :p

Btw, how can he be the one who always lost his finals when he won 2 of 5 this year? The guy who lost all his finals is poor Julien Benneteau.

Medvedev already has 5 titles.
besides the nadal finals Medvedev should have won the all the other ones, and NOT be dumb always loseing finals is a saying did not think I had to tell you that:lol6:. also Im happy with hes career but does have a bad record in finals and needs to be better that's I think if you disagree that's you don't put that on me. but by the facts you always be wrong with Medvedev being 2-5 in finals, but I said I Im big fan so I don't care that he lost all those finals, still better than Federer this season. lol I im happy sticking up for Medvedev now if can just get you doing the some for nadal:D

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This event features the top 4 players 1996 born, by far the strongest year among Next gen. crop.
They are all ranked in the top 15. It will be interesting if they will live up to their ranking and meet in the SF.

Reactions: tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This event features the top 4 players 1996 born, by far the strongest year among Next gen. crop.
They are all ranked in the top 15. It will be interesting if they will live up to their ranking and meet in the SF.
So far today, Coric and Berrettini are through, but Khachanov just went out in straights to Sousa.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
besides the nadal finals Medvedev should have won the all the other ones, and NOT be dumb always loseing finals is a saying did not think I had to tell you that:lol6:. also Im happy with hes career but does have a bad record in finals and needs to be better that's I think if you disagree that's you don't put that on me. but by the facts you always be wrong with Medvedev being 2-5 in finals, but I said I Im big fan so I don't care that he lost all those finals, still better than Federer this season. lol I im happy sticking up for Medvedev now if can just get you doing the some for nadal:D

Just to get things straight...he has won 2 out of 5 this year. He has 5 titles. He lost a masters 1000 final at Montreal to Nadal and the USO final to Nadal and Washington to Kyrgios. All very respectable losses. Didn't fare too well first time he played Nadal and look at the score of their second match.

I'm not wrong about anything btw. I realize he won ONLY 2 of the 5 he played this year but I'm showing you again WHY he lost. Pretty tough opponents...

You're being far too hard on him for nothing. I'm sticking up for Medvedev also cos I like him and it's unfair and unrealistic criticism.