SPECTRE

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That's all I need to know! Thanks Kskate! IMAX it is, Wednesday! :clap

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw it, I liked it! Can only echo what kskate says, it's really really good. More glossy than the gritty Daniel Craig Bond we're used to, they went for the Big Idea with this one, Big Scenes and Big Tale, and this is probably why I think it's not as good as the more intense, intimate Skyfall. But it's a brilliant idea and it doffs a cap to so many old Bond movies that I think if you enjoy Bond, you'll like it a lot...

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
I also loved Spectre, had all the classic Bond elements to it.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw it a second time - it was actually even better. I think that what stopped me fully enjoying the first time was that I was comparing it with Skyfall. Second time round, I just sat back and munched... :popcorn

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
I saw it a second time - it was actually even better. I think that what stopped me fully enjoying the first time was that I was comparing it with Skyfall. Second time round, I just sat back and munched... :popcorn

I compare movies only after they finish. During the movie I only enjoy the movie and dont worry about its predecessors.

Same thing with Jurassic world, just enjoyed the movie when I saw it but later felt it wasnt as good as the first

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Craig appears done with Bond. The list of replacement actors has ballooned since Spectre was released.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/movies/daniel-craig-rejects-%C2%A368m-bond-offer/ar-BBtdyZS#image=BBpxQQ4|1

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Welcome to the forum, Bjorn!

What kind of Bond do you think Hiddlestone would make? He's an excellent actor but they'd have to reboot it from the superman leaps and fights that Daniel Craig gives us. I'd like Bond to go back to being a more natural spy, with shabby contacts in Prague cafes and more shady real-world villains. I liked Spectre, as I said, but it's heading into grand opera territory now. That's spectacular, but not necessarily realistic...

B

bjorn

Thanks, Kieran :) Glad to be here.

Yes you are right on the money. Spectre was heading in a direction that doesn't feel very Bond to me. Hiddlestone has a completely different personality than Craig and hopefully this will come into play in the movies. My favorite Bond movies have always been the ones where he acts like a more "natural" secret agent (if there is such a thing). Spectacular is a word I would rather not have to associate with James Bond movies, so I hope that Hiddlestone's Bond will be a more "down to earth" sort of character, like in the days of Moore or even Connery.

I could go on forever about this, but my point is that I think you and I are on the same page :p

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
They gave Bond the Jason Bourne treatment, which was probably necessary back then, but I think the direction now can only get bigger and less specific. Faceless hidden gang groups controlling the world from gigantic library tables. It was a bit Austin Powers.

I dunno if you watched The Night Manager, with Tom Hiddlestone, but that had elements of old sckhool spy stuff I'd like to see the Bond films become...