Songs which have the same titles!

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Haha well you certainly been giving a very good impression of someone who is a fan of EP. You know his "Witchcraft" song which has only ever been a B-side to his 1963 single "Bossa Nova Baby". The song never even made it on his albums , other than compilations.
Haha! Dad was a big fan. When he listened to music everyone else did whether they liked it or not. He not only had a lot of his LPs but his singles, cassettes & videos too. We even had to listen to his life story on video when he played it. (I have a funny way of watching videos most of the time. I watch them while sewing, reading, writing, typing or painting.) He was the only person who was allowed to sing. (I was used to having to sing every song I listened to as I learnt to sing from a very early age & always had to sing in music class & join the choir at school. I learnt to listen to music like a singer so found it hard to just listen to songs.) Witchcraft was on 1 of his life story videos if I remember rightly. I just appear to pick everything up & hold onto it whether I like it or not. Correction: I appear to remember all the things I want to forget & forget all the things I want to remember. Lol.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Follow that Dream" Elvis Presley and Bruce Springsteen. Some folks say it's the same song but i don't see/hear how.
You be the judge-

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Changes" by David Bowie, Dame Olivia Newton John and Black Sabbath, all three were singles from the year 1972 and lyrically very good ! If asked to, i would pick Dame Olivia as a favorite. She also wrote it.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Beatles and Elvis each had a song called "I'll be Back" - The Beatles (A Hard Day's Night). Elvis Presley (Spinout).

Horsa

Reactions
"Changes" by David Bowie, Dame Olivia Newton John and Black Sabbath, all three were singles from the year 1972 and lyrically very good ! If asked to, i would pick Dame Olivia as a favorite. She also wrote it.

Since when has Olivia Newton John been a Dame? That's news to me. I'd pick Olivia Newton John's too as I don't like David Bowie or Black Sabbath but I like Olivia Newton John.

Last edited:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good morning (as in your time) Horsa :D

Think it was two years ago Olivia was made a Dame. I'll see if i can find an article online and add it here.

Why you do not like David or Black Sabbath ? David's record features one of the best ever lyrics: "Time may change me, but i can't change time".

Horsa

Reactions
Good morning (as in your time) Horsa :D

Think it was two years ago Olivia was made a Dame. I'll see if i can find an article online and add it here.

Why you do not like David or Black Sabbath ? David's record features one of the best ever lyrics: "Time may change me, but i can't change time".
Good Morning, Vince! :0)

Thank you very much for the information. I was really busy a couple of years ago dealing with Dad's dangerous & threatening behaviour, trying to stop him destroying the house & get something done about it. I was also trying to tell Mother she couldn't just believe everything he said anymore but had to question it as he was starting to show schizophrenic tendencies, questioning Dad's words but not in a way to make him confrontational, reminding Dad about things as well as working in a very varied job which is sometimes challenging, taking home some training tasks & paper-work & reading book-club books not to mention getting myself & Mother out as often as possible after we got told by the Dr. that we had to get out as much as possible, learn new things & be creative or we'd get like Dad. (We later found out he had dementia.) Thank you very much.

Hmm! The 1st part of your question is quite hard. I never really thought about it properly before. I just decided I didn't like him because he sounded weird to me as he liked singing weird songs although he did write some good songs & had a nice voice when he wasn't singing weird songs. I don't like Black Sabbath because I don't think they sing. They shout.

Last edited:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good Morning, Vince! :0)

Thank you very much for the information. I was really busy a couple of years ago dealing with Dad's dangerous & threatening behaviour, trying to stop him destroying the house & get something done about it. I was also trying to tell Mother she couldn't just believe everything he said anymore but had to question it as he was starting to show schizophrenic tendencies, questioning Dad's words but not in a way to make him confrontational, reminding Dad about things as well as working in a very varied job which is sometimes challenging, taking home some training tasks & paper-work & reading book-club books not to mention getting myself & Mother out as often as possible after we got told by the Dr. that we had to get out as much as possible, learn new things & be creative or we'd get like Dad. (We later found out he had dementia.) Thank you very much.

Hmm! The 1st part of your question is quite hard. I never really thought about it properly before. I just decided I didn't like him because he sounded weird to me as he liked singing weird songs although he did write some good songs & had a nice voice when he wasn't singing weird songs. I don't like Black Sabbath because I don't think they sing. They shout.
Yes, i can certainly agree with you regarding BLACK SABBATH music. But, if you are not familiar/have not heard their CHANGES song, you will be pleasantly surprised. Trust me! Regarding David Bowie, yes he recorded some quirky song titles, mostly during his alter-ego Ziggy Stardust phase. It's an era i don't get or pay much attention to (1972-1977).

Reactions: Horsa

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Angel Eyes

Frank Sinatra (1958)
Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music (1979)
ABBA (1979)
and...
Love and Theft (2012)

Reactions: Horsa

Horsa

Reactions
Yes, i can certainly agree with you regarding BLACK SABBATH music. But, if you are not familiar/have not heard their CHANGES song, you will be pleasantly surprised. Trust me! Regarding David Bowie, yes he recorded some quirky song titles, mostly during his alter-ego Ziggy Stardust phase. It's an era i don't get or pay much attention to (1972-1977).
O.K. I'll give it a listen. It's only a couple of songs. It's not as hard as what I've had to do for work which is learn to appreciate & sing opera. (I got told I had to do it at some point so I thought there was no time like the present though I've gradually exposed myself to it until I find it more comfortable to my ears. If I'd have been an Elvis fan that would have made it easier.) The loudest music I could listen to before was Celine Dion. I've been working on appreciating opera & I've built myself up to being able to listen to it comfortably for 2 hours. If you're right & he did sing some songs which aren't weird I'll listen to them.

Last edited:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Love me Do"

The Beatles (1962)
Badfinger (1970)

Horsa

Reactions
How about Saturday Night?

The Bay City Rollers

Whigfield

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Blue Angel - Roy Orbison (1960)
Blue Angel - Gene Pitney (1975)
Blue Angel - Lacey Chick (2014)
Blue Angel - The Forest Rangers (2015)

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"I Want You":

This title came up earlier in the thread but here are some more "I Want You" s...

Marvin Gaye (1976)
The Troggs (1966)
Bon Jovi (1992)
Tom Waits (1971, first released 1993 - "The Early Years Vol. 2" album")
Melissa Etheridge (1988)

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Dallas":

Jerrold Immel. Dallas (Original TV Series Theme)

The Flatlanders. Dallas.
Alan Jackson. Dallas.
Johnny Winter. Dallas.
Silver Jews. Dallas.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
"I Want You":

This title came up earlier in the thread but here are some more "I Want You" s...

Marvin Gaye (1976)
The Troggs (1966)
Bon Jovi (1992)
Tom Waits (1971, first released 1993 - "The Early Years Vol. 2" album")
Melissa Etheridge (1988)

Bob Dylan

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"You Keep Me Hanging On":

You Keep Me Hanging On - The Supremes (1966)
(You Keep Me) Hanging On - Cliff Richard (1968)
You Keep Me Hangin' On · J.J. Cale (1982)

Last edited:

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Gypsy (Uriah Heep, Dio, Sabbath, Fleetwood Mac. There are more for sure...)

Reactions: tented