Should Mario Williams former Fiancee return the 785k ring

Should Mario Williams ex fiancee return the ring

• Total voters

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/buffalo-mario-williams-suing-back-10-carat-engagement-194722429.html

I think this woman should give back the ring. When you propose with the intent on marrying and the woman accepts the ring, it becomes a legal contract with the intent of marrying. If she breaks the engagement, she should return the ring, imo. Any thoughts?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Can't open the link, but yes, in principle, I agree. The ring is a binding contract and if she breaks that, she should have decency to return it.

And if he breaks it, she should have the accuracy to hit him with it in the mush. And then sell it...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Can't open the link, but yes, in principle, I agree. The ring is a binding contract and if she breaks that, she should have decency to return it.

And if he breaks it, she should have the accuracy to hit him with it in the mush. And then sell it...

Hey Mr K .. I have updated the link.. As for the ring.. 785 k..that too much to hit him in the mush, imo

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think the ring is a contract per se, but it is the nice thing to do in my opinion. Technically, IMO, it is a gift, but yes you should give it back, if you are a decent person.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That's true, the ring isn't the contract itself, it's a symbol of and acceptance of the contract. And having broken the contract it's only fair she should give back the ring. Having read the article, that's gonna be a messy and expensive lawsuit...

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
He should be a man and let her decide. He gave it to her.

The lawsuit will cost him more than the ring.

I don't ask to get back what I give.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, that's another viewpoint, Kiu, one I would sympathise with if it was just a gift.

In his lawsuit, he accuses her of being a gold-digger, so that's another reason why he should thwart her (if, in fact, she is one)...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kiu said:
He should be a man and let her decide. He gave it to her.

The lawsuit will cost him more than the ring.

I don't ask to get back what I give.

let her decide

That's why he is suing her, she has made her decision. I doubt very seriously if Mario legal fees come anywhere close to 800k.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Kieran said:
Well, that's another viewpoint, Kiu, one I would sympathise with if it was just a gift.
This is not the first time this kinda story pops up, I've seen it happen before, people asking to get engagement rings returned.

Do you think he would ask for it back if it was $500 ring?

He thought she was worth it, now he thinks she is not!

Looking at the broader picture...
No one has heard her side of the story, why did she break up with him in the first place?
Was he cheating?

He claims she is a gold digger but we haven't heard nothing from her yet.

I say it again, this is a story tailor made for the Media, they will get to the bottom of this!
:-/

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Kiu said:

I think the price of the ring is irrelevant. If a girl accepts an engagement ring - then breaks off the engagement - she should give the ring back.

he may have thought she was worth it, and now he doesn't. He may have changed his mind, fair enough - but she started it... ;)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kiu said:
Kieran said:
This is not the first time this kinda story pops up, I've seen it happen before, people asking to get engagement rings returned.

Looking at the broader picture...
No one has heard her side of the story, why did she break up with him in the first place?
Was he cheating?

He claims she is a gold digger but we haven't heard nothing from her yet.

I say it again, this is a story tailor made for the Media, they will get to the bottom of this!
:-/

Here the facts:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/mario-williams-girlfriend-calls-off-wedding-engagement-ring-19132728

this idiot was dating this chick for less than a year. During that year, he gave her an AMEX card which she charged 108k, plus other gifts that total 230k and now the ring worth 800k. I just have one question which is very obvious.

Mario, my brother, Was it that good? :blush:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yes, she should give the ring back. The fact that she hasn't speaks volumes about what kind of person she is. An engagement is a promise, commitment and contract to marry. The ring is a symbol of that commitment. If the promise is broken and the engagement called off by either party, the ring should be returned to the one who provided it. Kiu, a ring is not a gift. A gift would be the AMEX card he gave her and other things he might have bought her, but not an engagement ring.

By the way AP, of course it wasn't that good or he wouldn't be suing her...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Yes, she should give the ring back. The fact that she hasn't speaks volumes about what kind of person she is. An engagement is a promise, commitment and contract to marry. The ring is a symbol of that commitment. If the promise is broken and the engagement called off by either party, the ring should be returned to the one who provided it. Kiu, a ring is not a gift. A gift would be the AMEX card he gave her and other things he might have bought her, but not an engagement ring.

By the way AP, of course it wasn't that good or he wouldn't be suing her...

By the way AP, of course it wasn't that good or he wouldn't be suing her... Lol

Great reply!:D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes she should give it back if requested. If she doesn't, then it shows her (lack of) moral fibre and what she was in the relationship for in the first place.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She should donate the ring to charity. Excessive really.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
now the real truth and dirt is starting to come out

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/05/mario-williams-text-message-no-money-in-the-world-should-leave-me-with-suicidal-thoughts/