Serena comments on Steubenville rape case!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey Ricky,

Your endorsement is correct: be vigilant! I'm sure you're not saying, "she was asking for it," since we know she was a 16 year old kid. Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt (what's seldom is wonderful, eh? ;) ).

Enjoy the tennis - vamos!!

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Hey Ricky,

Your endorsement is correct: be vigilant! I'm sure you're not saying, "she was asking for it," since we know she was a 16 year old kid. Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt (what's seldom is wonderful, eh? ;) ).

Enjoy the tennis - vamos!!

yeah well i see these self-righteous heros all jump on Williams, and i am sure that she means vigilance for the girl.... no way she means that the girl wanted to get hurt.

Just couldn't help it with all this bandwagon, how they all talk of 'rights' and that. Save the talk at home, it simply doesn't work in the real world. Someone even questions my 'view of the world'? maybe he/she doesn't step 5 m from his/her door step.

Perhaps Williams is the victim for speaking the truth :clap

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
ricardo said:

Don't push your luck! :D

The only victim is the girl who was raped. Serena didn't help at all with her dummy comment...

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
ricardo said:

The only victim is the girl who was raped. Serena didn't help at all with her dummy comment...

if you are so smart, just tell us what she really meant.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
ricardo said:
Kieran said:
ricardo said:

Now, just because I gave you the benefit doesn't mean I extend same to Serena. She's asked me many times, but...:snigger

Didn't she query the sentence? You didn't do that. What came across from her interview was the sense that the girl had somehow shared responsibility for the violence done to her because she'd had drink. Then she questioned the sentence, then she back pedalled quicker than she ever did on court and made a political decision to protect her assets and apologise, which was at least some small indication that she can be receptive to a wiser voice.

Anyway, last post before W! See you after it. That this reply as you will but enjoy the tennis...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
ricardo said:
Kieran said:
ricardo said:

I was shocked to read this "way back when!" Tennis players usually stay out of politics and current events outside of their sport! As a woman, you would think Serena would have had more compassion for the girl, but her publicist had her out there clarifying her position! Too late; she blew it! I wouldn't accept the phone call from her! The apology would have been empty and lame! She has too much going for her to be this stupid at her age! I still just shake my head! :mad: :puzzled :s