Scots/Irish music

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions

N.B. Greeting in Scots language means crying.

Last edited:

Horsa

Reactions

This is another song where there are arguments as to whether it's Scottish or Irish.

Horsa

Reactions
Scots/Irish songs with song-words

Horsa

Reactions

I haven't included song-words for this 1 as any Burns fans & anyone who's been to a New Year party already know it. The Scots don't just sing this at New Year but also on Burns Night & to make up after arguments as well as at The Edinburgh Tattoo which is absolutely fantastic to see live. It's good on T.V. but being there is just brilliant. You don't get the atmosphere on T.V.

Horsa

Reactions
Most of my ancestors could say this in Dunoon. I feel like I fit in more there too as I feel more at home there than where I was born & brought up & I feel more Scots/Irish than English & I'm made to feel more at home there than where I was born & brought up. I'm just feeling home-sick for my ancestral home at the moment. If I ever get a chance later on I'd love to go back to where my ancestors came from for good as I feel very close to them. I even read a plaque in Scots Gaelic outside a hotel in Tarbet when I don't know Scots Gaelic.

I want to be

Last edited:

Horsa

Reactions
This old, unofficial Scottish national anthem is calling to me today especially as it goes "Hark when the night is falling! Hear, hear the pipes are calling. Loudly & proudly calling down through the Glen. Towering in gallant fame. Scotland my hieland hame. Land of the high endeavour. Land of the purple heather. Home of my heart forever.". It really is home of my heart forever.

Horsa

Reactions
This is a good Scottish song/poem which was written by Rabbi/Robbie/Robert Burns who is also known as Scotland's bard. I love this 1 as some of the words explain how I feel sometimes, "My heart's in the Highlands. My heart is not here."