Scoop Scoops

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Bernard Tomic is said to be practicing this week with Andy Murray on Fisher Island near Key Biscayne.

Srixon has just bought Dunlop Racquets – Srixon racquets are played by Aga Radwanska, Kevin Anderson, Zarina Diyas (pictured), Xu Yifan, Jiri Vesely, among others.

Jack Sock literally ran off the court after the finalist trophy presentation on Saturday and did no press because he had to catch a flight to Brisbane for Davis Cup.

Yonex has recently instituted a clause in player contracts which will result in a fine for any Yonex player who smashes a Yonex racquet on court during a professional match.

Hockey star Jaromir Jagr of the Florida Panthers paid $900 for a ticket to see the Federer vs Nadal final on Sunday but got caught in traffic on the Rickenbacher Causeway and was an hour late.

Ageless wonder Kimiko Date (age 46) will return to professional action (after 2016 knee surgery) at an ITF tourney in June in Japan.

Kei Nishikori was scheduled to do a Japanese TV shoot for an energy drink at Longboat Key Tennis Center yesterday but the scheduling was canceled the day prior (no reason given).

Tommy Haas asked his old friend Marcelo Rios to help coach him earlier this year but Rios declined because he didn’t want to travel and he didn’t want to leave his beloved wife and six kids. Rios is considering moving his family to the United States next year, particularly in Florida.

The skull attire being worn this year by Fabio Fognini? “Hydrogen” is one of the leading Italian Luxury Sportswear brands. Men, Women, Kids Apparel, Shoes, Accessories and exclusive Tennis Technical Collection. Follow Hydrogen on Twitter and Instagram.

Is Mizuno taking over tennis? Look at all the players wearing Mizuno attire and shoes: Phil Kohlshreiber, Ivo Karlovic, Alexandra Krunic, Malek Jaziri, JP Smith, Rajeev Ram, Horia Tecau, Gilles Muller, Roberto Bautista Agut (shoes), Arina Rodionova, Marius Copil, Yulia Putintseva, You can see and order the gear here http://www.mizuno.eu/footwear/tennis.

N

Nekro

The skull attire being worn this year by Fabio Fognini? “Hydrogen” is one of the leading Italian Luxury Sportswear brands. Men, Women, Kids Apparel, Shoes, Accessories and exclusive Tennis Technical Collection. Follow Hydrogen on Twitter and Instagram.
Thanks for the info, i'm going to Italy soon, will check out Hydrogen :dance2:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like the snippets Scoop - smiled at the Haas/Rios combo consideration... surprising pairing even if it's not going to happen. Any idea how much tennis Haas is playing this year?

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
more scoops - Rios was involved in a nasty crash last week in Chile with his orange mcclaren sports car but was uninjured - I was fortunate to play doubles tennis with a former Indian Davis Cup captain on Sunday and he revealed insights about the Paes - Bhupathi relationship: Bhupathi is the captain of the Davis Cup team now but has a jealousy of Paes popularity and success and is blocking Paes from being able to break the Davis Cup doubles wins record by keeping him off the team and saying Bopanna is the better doubles player now - He even did a last minute tease on Paes by having him fly all the way to India last year for a tie but not determining the team till the day before the tie and he left Paes off - Sat with Nick Bollettieri during the Sarasota Open Challenger final of Tiafoe vs Sandgren and we discussed my doing a book about Nick and his historic academy in the similar format of my Rios book of interviewing tons of players and coaches etc who attended or trained at NBTA and having them share stories and memories about Nick and the academy which there are tons and tons and tons of incredible stories and anecdotes :) Really excited to start doing this book which will be a colossally fun read but also a lot of work to track down and interview all the people all the characters who have connections to NBTA - Jim Pierce (father of mary) passed away last week RIP: Jim (real name Bobby) was a great guy and a funny witty intelligent man though his image is one of a madman who used controversial and perhaps unsound methods of motivating his daughter to tennis greatness - But I spent a few hours with Jim at the Eddie Herr tourney (he lived around the corner from it in Bradenton) a couple of years ago and he was so fun to talk with and he was a very funny clever guy - Jim was pretty active on Facebook until health issues affected his life - I recall Jim talking about his current wife Sveta who was from Czech Republic and how loving and caring she was how she would caress his hand while driving he really loved her - Also Jim shared a story about spending time with Richard Williams and when in tough times financially Richard would give Jim a thousand bucks cash to help out - Please understand Jim was a great guy too and not just the crazy tennis father that the media portrayed - RIP Jim - I will share more scoops as I collect them for this thread -

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good read, thanks Scoop.

On Paes/Bhuthapi - pretty good feud and seems Bhupathi is being vindictive, but Paes seems able to start an argument in an empty room. I've lost count of the number of people he seems to have issues with.

Hope Rios recovers OK. Those McLarens can burn some rubber and I doubt he was driving sedately to church... I'm guessing high speed impact.

Bollettieri book would be great. Lot of great players passed through his academy... I reckon you'd get a lot of interest.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
He said the root of it is jealousy - Bhupathi can't understand or accept why if they both play on courts adjacent that everyone goes to see Paes - Can't understand why Paes is so popular and beloved - at least that's his side of the story - Rios had no injuries but I saw photos of the car and it was pretty banged up in the front and back - I was talking with a friend of Rios and he said he was terrified every time he got in a car with Rios who is a crazy crazy driver :) Yes thanks I am 100% certain a book about NBTA would be an excellent read - all the stories I have heard that have happened there are very entertaining and colorful and I'm sure there are millions upon millions of them to collect -