SciFi Fans

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Is Disney killing the Star Wars cash cow?

The Last Jedi was such dross I couldn't even remember the title without googling it.

I haven't see the Solo Story yet, but it's had the lowest take at the Box Office of any Star Wars film. They've still made $392 million on a $275 million budget but it's small potatoes compared in Star Wars numbers.

The best recent one was Rogue One, the first spinoff.
I'm glad you said that. As soon as I walked out of the cinema I asked my friends if we were just getting too old for that shite. We all swore that was the last one we would ever watch

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Is Disney killing the Star Wars cash cow?

The Last Jedi was such dross I couldn't even remember the title without googling it.

I haven't see the Solo Story yet, but it's had the lowest take at the Box Office of any Star Wars film. They've still made $392 million on a $275 million budget but it's small potatoes compared in Star Wars numbers.

The best recent one was Rogue One, the first spinoff.

The Last Jedi was the most disappointing movie I've ever seen. We made a big day out of it, got together with a couple of my other Star War nerd friends, went out for dinner and drinks beforehand, etc. One of my friends and I were in such shock throughout the movie that at certain points (you can probably guess what scenes) we looked at each other just to confirm that it was as frickin terrible as we thought it was. My wife is not a Star Wars fan at all and she was actually pissed that I hated it because she knew I was looking forward to that movie more than any others in a long time. I actually liked The Force Awakens. I get that it was similar to New Hope but it was different enough, entertaining, and left a lot of intriguing questions that the Last Jedi basically ignored/ruined throughout.

It just plain sucked and pretty much ruined the franchise going forward and that's probably what caused Han Solo to disappoint in the box office. That movie was actually pretty decent I thought. Only problem is the obvious...there is only one Harrison Ford. I will still watch episode IX because it is Star Wars but the only things that I actually look forward to are the potential Obi Wan and Yoda movies. Those have serious potential so hopefully they don't fuck those up too.

Reactions: Fiero425