[Samer Kadi] The (King Of) Clay Season

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: The (King Of) Clay Season

calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Cali, there has been an human being that ever existed in the history of this Earth that could have played a clay court final as well as Rafa 08 at Roland Garros France

Clay

F

Nadal, Rafael
6-1, 6-3, 6-0 Stats

You don't think 2011 or 2013 Djokovic could have hung with him?

Hell no! Rafa movement was sublime and his backhand was lethal.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Kieran said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Cali, there has been an human being that ever existed in the history of this Earth that could have played a clay court final as well as Rafa 08 at Roland Garros France

Clay

F

Nadal, Rafael
6-1, 6-3, 6-0 Stats

Why didn't 2012-Novak hang with him?

If 2012-Nadal played 2011-Novak, then 2011-Novak would be the same as 2012-Novak...

LOL....I knew that the stubborn mule would rear his head here.

It's interesting that you think Nadal was playing better on clay in 2012 than 2011, but I'm afraid the post-2010 Djokovic is an animal that Nadal's game doesn't have the answers for when that animal is completely functioning and clicking on all cylinders.

the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Clay

F

Nadal, Rafael
6-1, 6-3, 6-0 Stats

I have to disagree with you. I think the Djokovic we just saw in the 2013 Monte Carlo final or in the 2011 Rome final would have been too much for Nadal to handle in 2008.

Let's not forget just how confident Nadal was coming out of 2010. It was very similar to how confident he was at Roland Garros in 2008. He didn't lose that confidence in 2011 because it just dissipated; Mr. Djokovic shattered it with play that Nadal had insufficient answers for. Let's be honest about that.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

calitennis127 said:

It's interesting that you think Nadal was playing better on clay in 2012 than 2011, but I'm afraid the post-2010 Djokovic is an animal that Nadal's game doesn't have the answers for when that animal is completely functioning and clicking on all cylinders.

I think the stubborn mule here is you, my friend. If you think Nadal played the same in 2012 as 2011, you weren't paying attention.

And if you think his Pam Schriver serves in Monte Carlo are proof-positive that he's back to his very best - but just not good enough against Nole - you missed seven months of the calendar too...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

calitennis127 said:
Kieran said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Clay

F

Nadal, Rafael
6-1, 6-3, 6-0 Stats

If 2012-Nadal played 2011-Novak, then 2011-Novak would be the same as 2012-Novak...

the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Clay

F

Nadal, Rafael
6-1, 6-3, 6-0 Stats

I have to disagree with you. I think the Djokovic we just saw in the 2013 Monte Carlo final or in the 2011 Rome final would have been too much for Nadal to handle in 2008.

Let's not forget just how confident Nadal was coming out of 2010. It was very similar to how confident he was at Roland Garros in 2008. He didn't lose that confidence in 2011 because it just dissipated; Mr. Djokovic shattered it with play that Nadal had insufficient answers for. Let's be honest about that.

Question for you , do you think 2013 or 2011 Djoker beats the 2008 RG finalist Roger Federer

calitennis127 said:
Kieran said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Clay

F

Nadal, Rafael
6-1, 6-3, 6-0 Stats

the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Clay

F

Nadal, Rafael
6-1, 6-3, 6-0 Stats

DJoker played a phenominal final against Rafa at MC 2013. I think its a bit premature to believe that Djoker played the best clay court tennis of all time because that is what you are implying. However, again I am saying the inform Rafa at RG 2008 was the best ever, IMO.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

calitennis127 said:
Kieran said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Clay

F

Nadal, Rafael
6-1, 6-3, 6-0 Stats

the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Clay

F

Nadal, Rafael
6-1, 6-3, 6-0 Stats

I dunno about 2008, but I'd have probably bet 2011 Djokovic would have beaten 2011 Nadal had Nole made that final. It took a sublime performance from Federer to take him out. One of the best Federer performances on clay ever IMO.

BalaryKar

Futures Player
Reactions

I am not sure about the problem. Even if Nole wins FO13, are we supposed to accept that Nole FO11-13 is better than Nadal FO06-08? This is the problem of going by so-called player level? Ah! The level that is fiction! TBH, I would have difficulty even putting it above Federer FO07-09, but may be there is a room or two to concede about that. But Nadal FO06-08?

And sorry, my reservation is not strictly painted by results, statistics, etc. In these three year patches, I would rate Nadal as sublime, Fed a just a notch above Nole, and Nole if he wins FO13. If Nole does not win FO13, there is no comparison/consideration whatsoever. In these three years patch, I find Nole to be more susceptible to upsets, 2 back-to-back 5 setters being the biggest indicator and a very ugly win over Fed in SF is barely championship material, than Fed and of course Nadal.

tented

Administrator
Reactions

britbox said:
I dunno about 2008, but I'd have probably bet 2011 Djokovic would have beaten 2011 Nadal had Nole made that final.

You're probably right. Djokovic was playing at an incredible level in 2011, plus the psychology was on his side in terms of Rafa.

It took a sublime performance from Federer to take him out. One of the best Federer performances on clay ever IMO.

The match of the year IMO.

huntingyou

Masters Champion
Reactions

cali trolling as usual

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

huntingyou said:
cali trolling as usual

Yeah, exactly. Anyone who thinks post-2010 Djokovic could have hung with and even possibly beaten Nadal in 2008 is a troll. Thanks for the intelligent argument. I appreciate it.

Interesting too coming from someone who argued to Broken many times a couple years ago that Nadal in 2010 was superior to Nadal in 2008.

Oops. Sorry for calling you on that.

What huntingyou simply cannot handle is that Djokovic just owned Nadal on clay. Naturally, he has decided to take his frustration out on Cali - a common target for the cliche army.

huntingyou

Masters Champion
Reactions

Well, I really don't care for arguments between hypothetical matches...I wasted too much time in the past entertaining such topics.

I do care about the six matches Nadal has had with Novak post 2010 on clay.

The particular match in question in this thread brought by you is the MC final 2013. What I saw in that match was Novak playing at an incredible high level and Nadal struggling big time to match that intensity. He served for the second set after all........and couldn't put a ball in court to save his life. I have seen Rafa played way better in the past...including against Novak.

Those are the facts. If you want to transport Novak from a couple weeks ago to face Nadal in 2008 or 2010 for example.........you are welcome to it. Nobody buys your shit so I really don't give a damn anyways.

trollers will be trolls

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

huntingyou said:
Well, I really don't care for arguments between hypothetical matches...I wasted too much time in the past entertaining such topics.

What you wasted too much of in the past was space - space in which you expressed your moronic arguments on behalf of Nadal with vitriol and unmatchable stupidity.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

tented said:
britbox said:
I dunno about 2008, but I'd have probably bet 2011 Djokovic would have beaten 2011 Nadal had Nole made that final.

You're probably right. Djokovic was playing at an incredible level in 2011, plus the psychology was on his side in terms of Rafa.

It took a sublime performance from Federer to take him out. One of the best Federer performances on clay ever IMO.

The match of the year IMO.

Yes, to both of these. I don't think there's an honest Nadal fan out there that doesn't thank Roger for that match. What was stunning was what a dud their reprise was last year. :(

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Moxie629 said:
Yes, to both of these. I don't think there's an honest Nadal fan out there that doesn't thank Roger for that match. What was stunning was what a dud their reprise was last year. :(

Nadal in 2012 was a different animal to the one who Djoker cowed and fretted and flustered beyond belief the year before. In 2012 he took the game to Novak, he was aggressive and assertive and he dominated him over three high-profile matches. If he played that way in 2011, we wouldn't need to thank Wodger for dispatching Nole in the semis...