Roland Garros / French Open [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Wow. The next gen half is the draw from hades at first glance..

Rafa vs Novak

Thiem vs Tstis
Yeah truth.
But more likely it will be Zverev-Tsitsipas, Thiem is too far from playing well enough.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The bottom half looks like a straight shot to the finals for Stefanos, given the state of Thiem (and not to mention Medvedev.) Nadal could see Sinner and Rublev (or Karatsev) before Novak. Djokovic maybe some problematic Italians, and MAYBE Roger?

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Berrettini will be a serious test for Novak before the SF, and Rublev for Rafa.
I can’t see Roger reaching the QF.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Look at the draw, what strikes me now compared to, say five years ago, is how many more possible spoilers there are. I think the overall talent level is significantly higher. Maybe some of the second tier guys of five years ago are in decline or retired, but there seems to be more 2nd and 3rd tier types that could spoil. Just my impression.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The bottom half looks like a straight shot to the finals for Stefanos, given the state of Thiem (and not to mention Medvedev.) Nadal could see Sinner and Rublev (or Karatsev) before Novak. Djokovic maybe some problematic Italians, and MAYBE Roger?
You know for the first time in history I forgotten Fed was in the draw.. Interesting

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well the good news for Thiem and other top players is it is best of 5 which works more in their favor than other players because sustaining momentum seems to be a big problem.

Reactions: napo

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah truth.
But more likely it will be Zverev-Tsitsipas, Thiem is too far from playing well enough.
Remember our newest poster. This is the Best of Five. This isn't for the ones who can swim in the lanes of indoor swimming pools..this is far those real swimmers who can swim from the SF pier to Alcatraz.

Reactions: Fiero425 and napo

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I did projected q/finals if the seeds hold up,yes I am including Medvedev just for the fun of it.Also Zverev has never defeated a top ten player in a grand slam.

Djokovic v Federer
Nadal v Rublev
Zverev v Theim
Tsitsipas v Medvedev.

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Top half: Karatsev, Sonego, Berretinini, Musetti, Sinner, Rublev, Federer, Novak, Rafa

Bottom Half: Tsitsipas and Ruud and the 7 dwarves
We should take Zverev into account too, he played well recently on clay.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Top half is too heavy for my liking......weird
Rafa's path to the final
R1 Popyrin aka Robin Soderling:)
R2 Gasquet
R3 Sonego
R4 Monfils
QF Rublev
SF Djokovic
Final Tsitsipas,Theim,Zverev or Medvedev.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Top half is too heavy for my liking......weird
Rafa's path to the final
R1 Popyrin aka Robin Soderling:)
R2 Gasquet
R3 Sonego
R4 Monfils
QF Rublev
SF Djokovic
Final Tsitsipas,Theim,Zverev or Medvedev.
I agree with you...the top half is loaded.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Remember our newest poster. This is the Best of Five. This isn't for the ones who can swim in the lanes of indoor swimming pools..this is far those real swimmers who can swim from the SF pier to Alcatraz.
I even heard two TC commentators arguing where to put Thiem on the list, and one was still giving him a high place, even over Tsitsipas, which I wouldn't, and the other was going with current form. Zverev may tend to fade down the stretch, but I do wonder if he'll be the SF instead of Thiem.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually the womens draw top half is loaded too:) this is a conspiracy no?
I'll tell you what, this should put notions of "fixed draws" to rest. You know RG has NO interest in Rafa and Novak being in the same half, much less having Roger in there, too. Working and haven't looked at the women's yet.

Reactions: Jelenafan
Status
Not open for further replies.