Roland Garros / French Open 2022 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tough draw for everyone up the top half, but I suppose their chances are the same as if the route was Novak/Rafa semi, then Carlos potential final. I don’t see past the 3 of them, and now they’ll need to peak earlier than their usual but they have to get there first. My feeling for Rafa is that if he’s fit and ready, then bring it.

Novak will be ready too. Should be a great event!
All I ask is please be 2020 Rafa..tha'ts the best hope..

Reactions: Moxie and Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's draw,
R1 Thompson
R2 Wawrinka/Moutet
R3 Fognini
R4 FAA/Opelka
QF Djokovic
SF Alcaraz/Zverev
F. Tsitsipas/Medvedev
Well Rafa will have an opportunity to finally resolve The curse of Johnny Favorite. This draw makes my foot hurts!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
As Rafa fans say.........One match at a time No?
Remember ....a draw is on paper only.
Yes mi lady one match at a time. I have always noticed that Rafa typically takes it down a few levels early in a major but this time I don't feel it's the case. I have seen on paper as you say WORST draws and I remember when Giant aka Isner had Rafa 2 sets to love in maybe first or second round , but Rafa prevailed.It is just time to play as I tell the gents whenever I step on the courts in Chicago, "Time for Big Boy Tennis, if you are scared you better leave to go back home to Mama." ( YES, I am a true Villian). Jajaja

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes mi lady one match at a time. I have always noticed that Rafa typically takes it down a few levels early in a major but this time I don't feel it's the case. I have seen on paper as you say WORST draws and I remember when Giant aka Isner had Rafa 2 sets to love in maybe first or second round , but Rafa prevailed. Just time to play as I tell the gents whenever I step on the courts in Chicago, Time for "Big Boy Tennis" , if you are scared you better leave to go back home to Mama." ( YES, I am a true Villian). Jajaja
I was in Paris when Isner was leading Rafa 2 sets to love I felt like going straight to the Eiffel Tower and jumping off, I could not believe what was happening, thankfully Rafa woke up and turned the match around lol!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
All I ask is please be 2020 Rafa..tha'ts the best hope..
That’s the hope, brother!

In overall tennis terms, though, we could do with a great tournament, maybe the shrinking violets could appear, and act tough for a change. Wouldn’t it be refreshing if the things we were talking about after this event excluded the Big 3, goats and records, and we were all enthused about somebody else who stepped up, looked the part, and brought a smile to our face?

I always want Rafa to win, but I’ve also had this subversive wish for a few years, that the Big 3 would vanish and we’d hit the next stage, watch the next level of development, see the greats of the future - now. The big hope obviously, in this regard, is Carlos, but there’s opportunities for others, if Rafa and Novak blew each other out of contention. I can’t imagine anyone outside Rafa, Novak or Carlos winning it, though - and in that order.

It’s even a long shot for the world numbers 2, 3 and 4…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I was in Paris when Isner was leading Rafa 2 sets to love I felt like going straight to the Eiffel Tower and jumping off, I could not believe what was happening, thankfully Rafa woke up and turned the match around lol!
The old suicide option. So many times I’ve opened the fridge door and jammed my face in it, after a bad loss. I’m no good with ovens, I kinda like the heat, but the cold really gets to me…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The old suicide option. So many times I’ve opened the fridge door and jammed my face in it, after a bad loss. I’m no good with ovens, I kinda like the heat, but the cold really gets to me…
It was a toss up between the Eiffel Tower or the Seine River...:)

• Haha
Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You might enjoy yourself too much in these gorgeous settings, and want to live! I think I would!
Yes Paris is one of my fav cities in the world, thanks to Rafa winning in 5 sets...he allowed me to enjoy the City Of Lights

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow the top half is much tougher. A really bad and unbalanced draw overall. :negative:
But let's go Rafa you can do it! :clap::pompoms::drums::dance1::dance2:

:ptennis:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My parents had an old routine. I'd call my dad when his favorite baseball team was losing, to poke at him, and he shout at my mother: "Irene, turn on the oven!" And in the background she'd shout back: "It's an electric oven!" :lulz1:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well we know for certain that Tignor aka the kids of death is going to chose Novak or Carlos.. jajaja

Status
Not open for further replies.