Rio Olympics Official Thread - Men's Tennis

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DATE: 4-16 August 2016
SURFACE: Hard
2012 MEDALISTS: Gold: Andy Murrary (GBR); Silver: Roger Federer (SWI) ; Bronze: Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG)

tennis-center-rio-de-janerio-venue-rio-2016-summer-olympics.PNG

About Rio

Rio de Janeiro is likely the most beautifully situated major city in the world. Its verdant mountains cascade to wide white beaches. It is the second-largest city and GDP in Brazil. "Cariocas," as the people of Rio are called, have an inclination to be easy-going, but their city is as dramatic as their landscape. The tourism and upper-class life of the beach areas contrasts with the extreme poverty of the favelas. But Rio is a city that offers much to be enjoyed: music, Carnaval, capirinhas, and some of the nicest people you're ever likely to meet. Vinicius de Moraes is its poet-laureate.

Praia_de_Copacabana_-_Rio_de_Janeiro,_Brasil.jpg

corcovado-mountain-and-christ-redeemer-statue-half-day-tour-in-rio-de-janeiro-128058.jpg

CS36109298A%20reveller%20of%20Moc.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I'll ignore the Olympics for many reasons, but I'll have a look in the end hoping No1e will improve his top 10 wins count.

Reactions: teddytennisfan

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It's official, Rafa will play singles and doubles at Rio Olympics. Hope he has done the best decision but..... we'll see :scratch:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kuerten talks about the withdrawal of Federer, predicts Djokovic/Murray final.

I think it will be a very good oportunity for Muzz winning his second Gold Medal or Novak his first one

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal is not very careful..but it's his choice, hope his body can stand the pace

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
It's official, Rafa will play singles and doubles at Rio Olympics. Hope he has done the best decision but..... we'll see :scratch:

I know. I was hoping he'd pull out, but, oh well. Maybe he just needs the competition.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I know. I was hoping he'd pull out, but, oh well. Maybe he just needs the competition.
He does need to play, he was two months without hitting one single ball and whatever can play now it's going to help him to find the game as a good training for the next tournaments. His best wish is to carry the Spanish flag, Federer and Novak already did it for their countries. He missed the Olympics 2012 , now he has the opportunity to do it and looking him as a flag-bearer will make me to feel very proud :smooch:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He does need to play, he was two months without hitting one single ball and whatever can play now it's going to help him to find the game as a good training for the next tournaments. His best wish is to carry the Spanish flag, Federer and Novak already did it for their countries. He missed the Olympics 2012 , now he has the opportunity to do it and looking him as a flag-bearer will make me to feel very proud :smooch:
I'm also one who hopes he doesn't over-do it too quickly, but doubles isn't much more than a regular hit-around, so I don't mind about that. And I agree why he wanted to go...he was supposed to carry the Spanish flag in 2012, and had to bow out. It's an honor he wouldn't pass up a second time. I hope he has a great time, and that the wrist is ready. :)