Proverbs/Stories

N

Nekro

they're throwing their Teddy out of the pram
Haha love that expression:lulz1::good:

Before the Brexit referendum we got 6 pieces of information about staying in the E.U. & 1 about leaving in the post which told me they were trying to brainwash us into voting the way they wanted. I won't be brainwashed by anyone.
I see, that was cheap....... they screwed themselves with that all-around weak campaign.....

Brexit will be a success once our factories are built back up again since we ditched them because we joined the E.U. & our farmers can sell British apples, pears & onions again. It will take a long time because we gave so much away to be in the E.U.
Many are saying those old factories were inefficient, etc etc now it will turn out if they can be made viable again.... Lots of people are saying there's no way back to "good old blighty"

I didn't like that a M.P. got murdered because someone disagreed with her & disagree with the attitudes of some others who voted the same way as me.
The Jo Cox murder was horrible... The campaigning was messed up by both sides tbh....

I also write songs sometimes.
Writing art is lots of fun for sure, i have some poems too, maybe i'll post them later here :lulz1: It's very cool you like writing music too :cheerleader: I'm glad there's another art nerd on the board :D B-)

Have a nice weekend Ann, cu later :dance3:

Reactions: Horsa

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Haha love that expression:lulz1::good:

I see, that was cheap....... they screwed themselves with that all-around weak campaign.....

Many are saying those old factories were inefficient, etc etc now it will turn out if they can be made viable again.... Lots of people are saying there's no way back to "good old blighty"

The Jo Cox murder was horrible... The campaigning was messed up by both sides tbh....

Writing art is lots of fun for sure, i have some poems too, maybe i'll post them later here :lulz1: It's very cool you like writing music too :cheerleader: I'm glad there's another art nerd on the board :D B-)

Have a nice weekend Ann, cu later :dance3:
Lol. Thank you very much. I'm telling you it as I see it. I'd have just accepted the vote if it hadn't gone my way. They're saying we don't live in a democracy & trying what they can to get their own way. If our decision was over-turned then we wouldn't live in a democracy.

Genealogically you could say I was a European anyway because as well as Scots/Irish I also have English & Norman/French ancestry.

The factories worked + technology has advanced since then so our factories could have bought more up-to-date machines. A lot of people who didn't want out of the E.U. have been twisting facts to suit their opinions. It happens a lot, unfortunately. I've known a lot of people who twist words to suit them. I'm not trying to say the old days were altogether good & obviously technology changing would make us have to adapt & we'd have to take into account what we now know compared to what we knew then & pull together as a team. Free trade should be just that. There are non-E.U. countries to trade with.

It was indeed. I feel sorry for the poor children & it wasn't far from me so I was scared. We had been told figures paid to stay in the E.U. & what the E.U. does & doesn't do for a couple of years before the vote to tell you the truth.

I'd love to see some of your poems. I like painting too. I've been doing a lot of painting recently, mainly landscapes & white, China owls.

Have a nice weekend, Nekro! See you later!

Reactions: Nekro
N

Nekro

Lol. Thank you very much. I'm telling you it as I see it. I'd have just accepted the vote if it hadn't gone my way. They're saying we don't live in a democracy & trying what they can to get their own way. If our decision was over-turned then we wouldn't live in a democracy.

Genealogically you could say I was a European anyway because as well as Scots/Irish I also have English & Norman/French ancestry.

The factories worked + technology has advanced since then so our factories could have bought more up-to-date machines. A lot of people who didn't want out of the E.U. have been twisting facts to suit their opinions. It happens a lot, unfortunately. I've known a lot of people who twist words to suit them. I'm not trying to say the old days were altogether good & obviously technology changing would make us have to adapt & we'd have to take into account what we now know compared to what we knew then & pull together as a team. Free trade should be just that. There are non-E.U. countries to trade with.

It was indeed. I feel sorry for the poor children & it wasn't far from me so I was scared. We had been told figures paid to stay in the E.U. & what the E.U. does & doesn't do for a couple of years before the vote to tell you the truth.

I'd love to see some of your poems. I like painting too. I've been doing a lot of painting recently, mainly landscapes & white, China owls.

Have a nice weekend, Nekro! See you later!
TBH I consider Russian and Turkish people European too... ofc you could argue against that based on geography, history, etc, i'm telling that from experience, They are very rational, down to earth and nice people. If they had let Turkey in it would be now a great ally, its politics wouldn't be where it is, it would be a much less corrupt/radicalised country..... I mean come on, Romania and Greece in but Turkey out?????? Turkish people outwork and outperform those 2 countries 10000000 times everywhere.....

Hahaha in English i have just naughty poems, maybe i'll try to write some normal ones too :lulz1:

Horsa

Reactions
TBH I consider Russian and Turkish people European too... ofc you could argue against that based on geography, history, etc, i'm telling that from experience, They are very rational, down to earth and nice people. If they had let Turkey in it would be now a great ally, its politics wouldn't be where it is, it would be a much less corrupt/radicalised country..... I mean come on, Romania and Greece in but Turkey out?????? Turkish people outwork and outperform those 2 countries 10000000 times everywhere.....

Hahaha in English i have just naughty poems, maybe i'll try to write some normal ones too :lulz1:
I don't use the word European to mean countries in the E.U. I use it to refer to people living on the continent of Europe so Russia is in or it was when I learnt geography though geography wasn't my strong point. I don't know as I don't know any Russians or Turks. I know French, German, British, Irish, Polish, Hungarian, Australian, Spanish, Italian, Maltese, African, Asian & American people.

Haha! French was my favourite subject at school as I never got more than 5 questions wrong in exams. I can't remember much of it now though. I also learnt Spanish for my holidays but can't remember much of it now.

N

Nekro

I don't use the word European to mean countries in the E.U. I use it to refer to people living on the continent of Europe so Russia is in or it was when I learnt geography though geography wasn't my strong point. I don't know as I don't know any Russians or Turks. I know French, German, British, Irish, Polish, Hungarian, Australian, Spanish, Italian, Maltese, African, Asian & American people.

Haha! French was my favourite subject at school as I never got more than 5 questions wrong in exams. I can't remember much of it now though. I also learnt Spanish for my holidays but can't remember much of it now.
well, it's hard to maintain your French level if you're not using it every day.... With English it's different cause you use it on the net, etc....

I won a Russian competition at school but i'm not using it so now i suck at it. I learnt German for the same amount of years as English but I never use it so i forgot most of it, for my godson it's easier cause he spent years as exchange student in Germany and he's now living there too....

Russians are very rational, down to earth and kind people, they are also very funny :D Turkish people are the same, i went there shopping as a kid often, there are beautiful places and the people are very kind, they always give you tea or something else when you visit their shops, people from my region used to go there for leather jackets, gold and other stuff during the communist years :D

Horsa

Reactions
Definitely. I've got a very good memory so remembered most of it for 3 years without using it & only did work in class & homework with no revision & didn't even try when learning at school. I never really needed it when I left school only using it when I met French people when holidaying in Majorca.

Wow! You're so clever. I don't think I could learn a word in Russian. They say English is the hardest language to learn but I don't think so unless it seemed easy because it is my Mother tongue. The only Russian books I've read were Dr. Zhivago & Anna Karenina. I tried War & peace but found it too gory for me. I changed schools before learning German because of school bullying & the school I ended up going to had started the year before so I never got the chance to learn.

That sounds nice. The friendliest people I have met are the Maltese.

N

Nekro

Definitely. I've got a very good memory so remembered most of it for 3 years without using it & only did work in class & homework with no revision & didn't even try when learning at school. I never really needed it when I left school only using it when I met French people when holidaying in Majorca.

Wow! You're so clever. I don't think I could learn a word in Russian. They say English is the hardest language to learn but I don't think so unless it seemed easy because it is my Mother tongue. The only Russian books I've read were Dr. Zhivago & Anna Karenina. I tried War & peace but found it too gory for me. I changed schools before learning German because of school bullying & the school I ended up going to had started the year before so I never got the chance to learn.

That sounds nice. The friendliest people I have met are the Maltese.
well, Russian is relatively hard because there are 3 grammatical genders there, it's like German....

But otherwise languages without complex inflections are not so hard :D

The friendliest people are the Italians imo :D <3 Those little ita pubs are so cool, there are sandwiches and snacks with sauces, all kinds of good things you can imagine and you can eat as much as you want for free :D It's like being in a big family :D :D There are still places in the world where life is not about max profit yet.

Horsa

Reactions
well, Russian is relatively hard because there are 3 grammatical genders there, it's like German....

But otherwise languages without complex inflections are not so hard :D

The friendliest people are the Italians imo :D <3 Those little ita pubs are so cool, there are sandwiches and snacks with sauces, all kinds of good things you can imagine and you can eat as much as you want for free :D It's like being in a big family :D :D There are still places in the world where life is not about max profit yet.
I found French very easy to learn. Spanish seemed quite easy when I was learning it for my holidays too.

I've never met Italians. I've never been to Italy. The Scots are very friendly too especially Glaswegian, in my experience anyway. That sounds cool. We live in a mostly capitalist society today. Money shouldn't mean more than lives but in a lot of places today it does.

N

Nekro

I found French very easy to learn. Spanish seemed quite easy when I was learning it for my holidays too.

I've never met Italians. I've never been to Italy. The Scots are very friendly too especially Glaswegian, in my experience anyway. That sounds cool. We live in a mostly capitalist society today. Money shouldn't mean more than lives but in a lot of places today it does.
Italy is very nice, the people are very friendly and the food is great, i love everything about Italy.... Also, people have this "i don't give a damn" attitude there that's very relaxing :lulz1:

I know Scots are very friendly, the young Scots i know from the tennis forums are awesome, Corey Feldman was the cutest and funniest person ever, then there was Clydey, a very smart poster, a great philosopher and he was funny too....

Horsa

Reactions
Italy is very nice, the people are very friendly and the food is great, i love everything about Italy.... Also, people have this "i don't give a damn" attitude there that's very relaxing :lulz1:

I know Scots are very friendly, the young Scots i know from the tennis forums are awesome, Corey Feldman was the cutest and funniest person ever, then there was Clydey, a very smart poster, a great philosopher and he was funny too....
The 1st time I ever went to Scotland was the 1st time I felt like I fit in anywhere except Grandma's. I was made welcome & made to feel at home as if I were 1 of them. I've got thick, curly brown hair so sometimes they listened to me, looked at my hair & shook their head when they heard my accent because they thought I was 1 of them having Scots/Irish hair. I often got told they liked my hair too & mistook for 1 of them & asked what time there was a bus.

Horsa

Reactions

Australians are quite laid back too. I worked with 1 once. She was very intelligent, pleasant & polite.

N

Nekro

The 1st time I ever went to Scotland was the 1st time I felt like I fit in anywhere except Grandma's. I was made welcome & made to feel at home as if I were 1 of them. I've got thick, curly brown hair so sometimes they listened to me, looked at my hair & shook their head when they heard my accent because they thought I was 1 of them having Scots/Irish hair. I often got told they liked my hair too & mistook for 1 of them & asked what time there was a bus.
I see, that kind of hair looks great...

Australians are quite laid back too. I worked with 1 once. She was very intelligent, pleasant & polite.
I used to play shooter games with Australians in the morning when i woke up, that was their their gaming time.... Haha their ping was always high cause the best servers were located in Europe, but despite that they always did well....

Reactions: Horsa

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought the Scottish Independence groups ran a pretty good campaign @Nekro to be honest. They closed the gap to a point where the week before the vote they were almost neck and neck.

But in the end the people basically decided to preserve the Union by nearly 11% margin... so most Scots are happier with the Union.

Now, Nicola Sturgeon needs to be a little careful second time around because the collapse in oil prices mean their economic sums are going to have to be radically revised, and also quite a lot of people just want the SNP to actually get on with governing the country via the Scottish parliament and focusing on the key issues like crime, education, jobs etc... yet, the SNP is still focusing on independence when the people have already had their say.

There is quite a different vibe about the UK leaving the EU than Scotland leaving the UK. Nobody alive has ever known a Scotland outside the UK. Plenty of people in the UK know what the UK was like before the EU and look at the way a lot of things have been quietly eroded without permission - sovereignty, law, the judicial system, cultural things etc...

Most Brexiteers I know want a strong relationship with Europe, a strong economic relationship and a to be good neighbours. We are still Europeans after all and aren't leaving Europe - just the increasingly federal EU. A federal Europe won't work in the long term... we've seen a pattern of all these unions breaking up over the last 50 years... USSR, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia... and plenty of other countries or semi-autonomous states springing up... the EU is trying to do the exact opposite... swimming against the tide...

N

Nekro

I thought the Scottish Independence groups ran a pretty good campaign @Nekro to be honest. They closed the gap to a point where the week before the vote they were almost neck and neck.

But in the end the people basically decided to preserve the Union by nearly 11% margin... so most Scots are happier with the Union.

Now, Nicola Sturgeon needs to be a little careful second time around because the collapse in oil prices mean their economic sums are going to have to be radically revised, and also quite a lot of people just want the SNP to actually get on with governing the country via the Scottish parliament and focusing on the key issues like crime, education, jobs etc... yet, the SNP is still focusing on independence when the people have already had their say.

There is quite a different vibe about the UK leaving the EU than Scotland leaving the UK. Nobody alive has ever known a Scotland outside the UK. Plenty of people in the UK know what the UK was like before the EU and look at the way a lot of things have been quietly eroded without permission - sovereignty, law, the judicial system, cultural things etc...

Most Brexiteers I know want a strong relationship with Europe, a strong economic relationship and a to be good neighbours. We are still Europeans after all and aren't leaving Europe - just the increasingly federal EU. A federal Europe won't work in the long term... we've seen a pattern of all these unions breaking up over the last 50 years... USSR, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia... and plenty of other countries or semi-autonomous states springing up... the EU is trying to do the exact opposite... swimming against the tide...
Yeah I know but there were lots of dirty tricks before the referendum.... Also, as i see nationalistic Scots are trolled, bullied or just simply banned on many public forums, it's hard for them to campaign....

A few months ago i was doing a research about a Scottish prof. called Christopher Whatley, i could write ard 5 pages about it, but long story short, he wrote a book about the union, how Scots wanted it too, and he was stating lots of blatant BS like yeah, bribery was involved but it wasn't the reason for the union.....So i started sherlocking about this whatley cause i smelled something very stinky, and i couldn't find anything about him.... like zero stuff about his life and background, all i found was his workmanship and that he campaigned for "better together" blablabla, ofc i smelled at once you know
088465b425baa06a7b11b4e9f1299534.jpg
but there was nothing about this person's background or family relationships, however, under an article where they were talking about some Scottish academics being bullied by the snp someone wrote that from all those academics the Scottish patriot considered only 1 a real scot. so that confirmed my suspicion.....

So it's kinda hard to estimate what that percentage would be without the traitors, the bribed academics, the "britnats" and the english trolls....

Anyway, for me it's hard to swallow something like this .... A union like this would never happen in my country: For us it was always like this when outnumbered: everybody died, we fought til death, our kings died, all the generals died, but then we regrouped and with guerilla warfare and very strong passive resistance from the civilians we got rid of the intruders..... I feel sorry for the Scots tbh.....

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, but it was the scots who annexed the English throne, not vice versa. James VI of Scotland became James I of England.

There is a huge complicated unionist tradition in Scotland going back hundreds of years., it's not just traitors and academics. It's entwined in sports, religion, orange movements and many other things.

If you turned up at a Glasgow Rangers game, then you'd know it's pretty deep.

Might just seem like a lot of noise, but you'll see all the British flags, "Rule Britannia" sang and then "Hello, Hello, we are the Billy Boys" which is about following the protestant King William of Orange. "Up to our knees in Fenian blood" is about killing Irish catholics at the Battle of the Boyne in 1690... and a lot of the lowland scots regarded the highland scots as Irish.

N

Nekro

"Up to our knees in Fenian blood" is about killing Irish catholics at the Battle of the Boyne in 1690... and a lot of the lowland scots regarded the highland scots as Irish.
:facepalm::help:

There is a huge complicated unionist tradition in Scotland going back hundreds of years., it's not just traitors and academics. It's entwined in sports, religion, orange movements and many other things.
I see, i'll read up on everything slowly but surely.. thanks for the info :good:

Horsa

Reactions

From what I've heard on B.B.C. Parliament a S.N.P. hasn't been good for Scotland. Schools have been struggling & there has been an increase in poverty since the S.N.P. came into power in Scotland while all the S.N.P. did was try to get another referendum when it was made quite clear that it was a once in a lifetime vote.

I don't want to fall out with the rest of Europe. I just don't want our country to pay a ridiculous amount of money & get hardly anything out of it. I don't want our farmer's & fishermen to struggle anymore. I want to see British onions in the shops not just Spanish ones. Why should we only sell Spanish onions when onions grow in Britain & our farmers could be selling more. I want to see British apples in the shops not just French ones. A lot of our orchards have gone to rack & ruin because shops were no longer allowed to sell British apples. Our farmers are only allowed to grow what the E.U. tells them to. Our fishermen are only allowed to catch what the E.U. says. Any extra fish must go back. If they've been killed, that's dead fish in the sea which could be sold & put on plates. We did away with all our factories because the E.U. told us to. We've got to abide by E.U. laws & we're paying them to tell us what to do. We can't deport foreign criminals because the E.U. says so. We've got to allow everyone in our country whether they pose a threat or not. We've got to offer aid to other countries in crisis when parts of our country needs help. I'm not racist. Neither am I against helping other countries but we need to help ourselves too. Free trade should mean exactly that. It did at 1 time. The E.U. just offered cheaper European travel, duty-free goods & funded a few courses.

Horsa

Reactions
I see, that kind of hair looks great... Thank you very much.

I used to play shooter games with Australians in the morning when i woke up, that was their their gaming time.... Haha their ping was always high cause the best servers were located in Europe, but despite that they always did well....

N

Nekro

From what I've heard on B.B.C. Parliament a S.N.P. hasn't been good for Scotland. Schools have been struggling & there has been an increase in poverty since the S.N.P. came into power in Scotland while all the S.N.P. did was try to get another referendum when it was made quite clear that it was a once in a lifetime vote.

I don't want to fall out with the rest of Europe. I just don't want our country to pay a ridiculous amount of money & get hardly anything out of it. I don't want our farmer's & fishermen to struggle anymore. I want to see British onions in the shops not just Spanish ones. Why should we only sell Spanish onions when onions grow in Britain & our farmers could be selling more. I want to see British apples in the shops not just French ones. A lot of our orchards have gone to rack & ruin because shops were no longer allowed to sell British apples. Our farmers are only allowed to grow what the E.U. tells them to. Our fishermen are only allowed to catch what the E.U. says. Any extra fish must go back. If they've been killed, that's dead fish in the sea which could be sold & put on plates. We did away with all our factories because the E.U. told us to. We've got to abide by E.U. laws & we're paying them to tell us what to do. We can't deport foreign criminals because the E.U. says so. We've got to allow everyone in our country whether they pose a threat or not. We've got to offer aid to other countries in crisis when parts of our country needs help. I'm not racist. Neither am I against helping other countries but we need to help ourselves too. Free trade should mean exactly that. It did at 1 time. The E.U. just offered cheaper European travel, duty-free goods & funded a few courses.
If you came to the mainland you would hear the same arguments..... Spanish paprika sold in the biggest paprika producing country? etc etc..... That goes only for big shops like Spar, Coop, Metro, Tesco, Lidl, etc etc

Tesco is British btw.......

Farmers can always sell their home-grown things on the market though, nobody prevents them from doing that, i guess in Britain there are marketplaces too, like big squares where they can sell their goods.

Horsa

Reactions
If you came to the mainland you would hear the same arguments..... Spanish paprika sold in the biggest paprika producing country? etc etc..... That goes only for big shops like Spar, Coop, Metro, Tesco, Lidl, etc etc

Tesco is British btw.......

Farmers can always sell their home-grown things on the market though, nobody prevents them from doing that, i guess in Britain there are marketplaces too, like big squares where they can sell their goods.

It goes for all shops as our farmer's are told what they can & can't grow by the E.U.

Sainsbury's, the Co-op & Morrison's are British too.

We have farm shops selling a few things, farmer's markets once a month, the odd fruit & vegetable stalls on markets which are mostly covered in toy, clothes, D.V.D. & C.D. & mixed stalls & I've been to quite a few different markets in Britain. My favourite is the Barrass in Glasgow. They sell everything there at decent prices. Bury Market is supposed to be Britain's biggest market but I've been there a few times too & think that the Barrass is much bigger. Bury is quite big though.