Reactions
Entertaining match

Ana with a fist pump and twirl wins 63 75

Congratulations Ana and good luck in the final

Bad luck JJ.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I underestimated the former FO champion. She executed her strategy and was more consistent than JJ. Her strategy of attacking the weaker side will not work against Pova. Ana's only hope is to dictate with her FH and expose Pova's movement. Not an easy task. I think Pova will win with her mental strength, more than with her game.

Good luck to JJ in doubles.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
Ana has beaten Pova previously but I haven't seen any of Pova's matches this tourney to see her level of play. Sounds like, from the non-partisan posts at least, that's she's in the zone. Might be hard for Ana to break through. I'll say Pova in three.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If my memory is correct wasn't their match up in Stuggart last year a close match?

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I doubt anyone would say Pova is zoning. She has played well and badly, but not badly enough to be beaten. She was on the top half of the draw with more finesse player. That certainly helped her get through to the final. If Ana plays with confidence, she should win. However, she gets passive when under pressure. Pova will not give her the title. Ana has to grab it from her. Not likely to happen.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
fashionista said:
If my memory is correct wasn't their match up in Stuggart last year a close match?

It was in the q/final's last year in Stuggart....Sharapova d Ivanovic 75 46 64

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dreamfinal 27.April

Begin at 14:00
Maria SHARAPOVA (RUS) vs Ana IVANOVIC (SRB)
Followed by
Sara ERRANI (ITA)/Roberta VINCI (ITA) vs Cara BLACK (ZIM)/Sania MIRZA (IND)

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2j3fAFJlRM[/video]

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Ana is playing so far this year with more consistancy.If Ana can defend her bhand wing and keep her first serve in check which enables her to dictate with her fhand I feel she has a chance to win in Stuggart.

Looking back at their match last year in Stuggart in the q/finals it was a close match.

Lets see if Ana dosen't wilt under pressure in the final.I am certain she would love to drive that Porsche:) and Maria certainly dosen't need 3 Porsche's does she?:)

I will go with Ana in 3 sets.

In the doubles final

Errani/Vinci to win.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
fashionista said:
I think Ana is playing so far this year with more consistancy.If Ana can defend her bhand wing and keep her first serve in check which enables her to dictate with her fhand I feel she has a chance to win in Stuggart.

Looking back at their match last year in Stuggart in the q/finals it was a close match.

Lets see if Ana dosen't wilt under pressure in the final.I am certain she would love to drive that Porsche:) and Maria certainly dosen't need 3 Porsche's does she?:)

In the doubles final

Errani/Vinci to win.
0,,12781~12788477,00.jpg

It all makes sense fashion, Ana has the right color suit and Maria already has a blue Porsche from last year.

Ana in straights, she will play cleaner and do a Serena on Masha!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kiu said:
fashionista said:

In the doubles final

Errani/Vinci to win.
0,,12781~12788477,00.jpg

It all makes sense fashion, Ana has the right color suit and Maria already has a blue Porsche from last year.

Ana in straights, she will play cleaner and do a Serena on Masha!

You pipped me on the fashion thingy.....I am thinking of changing my Username....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'd like to see Ivanovic take this one. And Errani/Vinci in doubles, though they're playing a homegrown team.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
my sherona said:
Not zoning.. Flawless Maria is dominating.

I was out of WTA threads for a while. I just thought I would drop by
and give you my advance commiseration to you.

My darling has crushed the crusher of your darling at AO and no
reason that she cannot crush your darling in Stuttgart.

However, I am glad to see Maria showing some signs of life
and reaching finals.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Ana took the first set 6-3. broke Masha 4 times in that set, got broken twice.
Anyone has UFE and winners?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Intense battle in the final. Ivanovic the most purposeful, took the first 6-3. She'd just broken in the 2nd, and Maria just broke back. On serve, and Sharapova is finding her fight. (And her first serve.)