Please Read: TF Site Upgrade

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Tented, what is the difference between "what is new" and "new posts". We had just one thing before and I use that often. What should I use now as an equivalent of that (to find out the new posts since I last visited the site).

What’s New is a general presentation of everything which has been posted recently (the last day or so) regardless of whether or not you have already read it, whereas New Posts shows everything that has been posted since your last visit. Like you, I use the latter all the time.

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Smilies

We have revamped the smilies. Kept some of the older popular ones, but added a great number of new ones. Please try them out. Happy posting.

cc: @tented @britbox

Reactions: Moxie

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
What's with this new design site? I'm just getting used to it. I don't like the style & the text is too small when I'm typing. What's more I seem to have lost the P.M. function. + the menu options on the left-hand side of my page at the top don't appear to work.

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What's with this new design site? I'm just getting used to it. I don't like the style & the text is too small when I'm typing. What's more I seem to have lost the P.M. function. + the menu options on the left-hand side of my page at the top don't appear to work.
Just in the process of helping to do some site upgrades for the Admins. Should be looking normal again soon.

Reactions: tented

Horsa

Reactions
Just in the process of helping to do some site upgrades for the Admins. Should be looking normal again soon.
Thank you very much for the information. It looks normal again now. (Since you've told me what's going on, I know to be patient if things go funny as there will be temporary glitches that are going to need sorting out & that I'm not to worry about things going funny.)

Reactions: britbox

Horsa

Reactions
Inserting pictures is much easier now. I could add pictures when we were tennis prose. Then when you went back to tennis frontier I could only add pictures on other sites with writing on. Mrzz tried telling me how to add pictures. I tried his ways but they didn't work for me. Now I can add pictures again. Thank you very much, Admins. I really appreciate your hard work.

Horsa

Reactions
Does anyone know why I got a message when clicking on notifications this morning saying, "Oops! We're having security issues at the moment. Please press the back button & then refresh." please? I pressed the back button & refreshed like the message told me & then I managed to see my notifications so the problem is solved. I just wondered why the problem occurred.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Does anyone know why I got a message when clicking on notifications this morning saying, "Oops! We're having security issues at the moment. Please press the back button & then refresh." please? I pressed the back button & refreshed like the message told me & then I managed to see my notifications so the problem is solved. I just wondered why the problem occurred.

Which browser are you using? Is it Google Chrome?

Horsa

Reactions
Which browser are you using? Is it Google Chrome?
I'm using Microsoft Edge. I've got Google Chrome but I was using Microsoft Edge & that's what I normally use. I only use Google Chrome when Microsoft Edge goes down & Google Chrome will let me do what I want to do.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I'm using Microsoft Edge. I've got Google Chrome but I was using Microsoft Edge & that's what I normally use. I only use Google Chrome when Microsoft Edge goes down & Google Chrome will let me do what I want to do.

I mentioned Chrome because I've heard of people encountering that kind of error message when using it. I've never seen the error message you reported, nor has anyone else ever reported it, so I'm inclined to think it's either a browser or ISP issue on your end. Are you still getting it?

Horsa

Reactions
I mentioned Chrome because I've heard of people encountering that kind of error message when using it. I've never seen the error message you reported, nor has anyone else ever reported it, so I'm inclined to think it's either a browser or ISP issue on your end. Are you still getting it?
O.K. Thank you very much. No. The problem has disappeared now. I think you may be right & it could have been a problem on my end. I'm very sorry for bothering you. Sometimes you don't know unless you ask as it can be hard to determine whether it's a universal problem or just a problem on your side.

Horsa

Reactions
Why do I have to confirm I want to like a post now as if I can't decide whether I like something or not?

What's going to happen next? Am I going to get a message when I type a post & press submit asking if I'm sure I want to post the message?

I guess you want me to take the advice of a good Celine Dion song & "Think twice".

Horsa

Reactions
O.K. Thank you very much. No. The problem has disappeared now. I think you may be right & it could have been a problem on my end. I'm very sorry for bothering you. Sometimes you don't know unless you ask as it can be hard to determine whether it's a universal problem or just a problem on your side.
This issue recurred for me today. Following the instructions given on the message didn't work for me this time. It brought me to a blank page. I had to come back on the page before it worked properly again.

Last edited:

Horsa

Reactions
This issue recurred for me today. Following the instructions given on the message didn't work for me this time. It brought me to a blank page. I had to come back on the page before it worked properly again.
This has recurred another 4 times. It came up with a browser error too this time. I cleared my browser & it has been fine since.