PGA-LIV Merger - is golf okay?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
What do people think of this merger? Golf has been in civil war over the LIV breakaway tour for a while. Players who joined the Saudi-owned LIV got paid very well for joining, and now the whole PGA tour has joined, presumably for free? I haven’t heard Tiger Woods or Rory McIlroy comment yet, they’ve been the foot soldiers for the traditional PGA tour. The argument between the tours had gotten noisy and vicious. Now a fait accompli has been presented to members of the PGA, seemingly without their input or permission.

Anyone got any views on this?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
From the BBC:

The deal brings peace now - but turmoil ahead

There seems to have been so much cloak and dagger around the meetings that I don’t know how this can work.

The PGA Tour commissioner's change of direction is astonishing given his criticism of the Saudi regime when LIV was regarded as a hostile "existential threat" to the US circuit.

"I recognise everything I've said in my past positions," Monahan admitted. "I recognise people are going to call me a hypocrite. Anytime I said anything, I said it with the information I had in the moment."

He gave no warning at all to the players who stuck their necks out for their tour!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Other Sports 11
britbox Other Sports 30