Passing On Point of #1 Mantle

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
Nothing new, but everyone knows how I feel about "part time" players and their seeming lack of respect and responsibility when being #1! No other male star has "run this game" on the tour; a true scam!

I'm not sure what this actually means, can you help me out here?

Even with Rafa's great record; esp. at the FO with 9 titles, I could never take him seriously as the GOAT! We've mused about this and I've given my reasons concerning Nadal; ugly tennis, comes and goes from the tour, and punishes people with his "act" on court (stalling, incessant toweling off, challenging all calls (being wrong a lot), and receiving coaching from the stands)! The only other to underachieve even more is obviously Agassi; so many wasted months and years, never to be recovered professionally!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
Nothing new, but everyone knows how I feel about "part time" players and their seeming lack of respect and responsibility when being #1! No other male star has "run this game" on the tour; a true scam!

Even with Rafa's great record; esp. at the FO with 9 titles, I could never take him seriously as the GOAT! We've mused about this and I've given my reasons concerning Nadal; ugly tennis, comes and goes from the tour, and punishes people with his "act" on court (stalling, incessant toweling off, challenging all calls (being wrong a lot), and receiving coaching from the stands)! The only other to underachieve even more is obviously Agassi; so many wasted months and years, never to be recovered professionally!

I'm not too sure what any of this has to do with the piece I asked you to explain, where you mentioned "part time players" and went on to claim there was a scam. That's what I was interested in. Never mind, eh? ;)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:

I'm not too sure what any of this has to do with the piece I asked you to explain, where you mentioned "part time players" and went on to claim there was a scam. That's what I was interested in. Never mind, eh? ;)

I can't take Nadal or his representatives seriously when it comes to injuries! With the ladies you had players coming and going for serious reasons including childbirth and injuries! I think Rafa and his gang are full of it! :angel: I still say he's cycling on and off of "you know what!" :snigger :laydownlaughing :angel: - Thought memories were better around here! So often I get beat over the head with something I posted 2 years ago! :snigger :laydownlaughing :angel:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, one of those injuries handed #1 back to Federer, so that's a neat point of changing #1's you'd appreciate. Not such clever timing for Rafa, but what can ya do, eh? ;)

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
Well, one of those injuries handed #1 back to Federer, so that's a neat point of changing #1's you'd appreciate. Not such clever timing for Rafa, but what can ya do, eh? ;)

injuries/illness are part of tennis..:huh: nadal got no1 in the first place partly due to Federer having mono during the first months of 2008, even when clear of the virus (antibodies) his level was lowered leading to alot of losses until getting back nearer his best level by summer 2008 (fo final/winning halle/ wimby final/ usopen)..that coincided with peak rafa winning French open/ queens/ Wimbledon/ Olympic gold. and becoming no1 in aug 2008..

then as 2009 went on federer improved from his dodgy 2008 and rafa starting losing before vanishing later in the year.

federer was ill ?..boohoo so what. nadal got a poorly knee ?..boohoo so what.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, Rafa withdrew from Wimbledon, which handed the #1 spot to Roger. The only thing Roger missed with mono was an episode of Colombo on TV, and that wasn't because of the mono... ;)

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
Yeah, Rafa withdrew from Wimbledon, which handed the #1 spot to Roger. The only thing Roger missed with mono was an episode of Colombo on TV, and that wasn't because of the mono... ;)

in that case rafa withdrew from Wimbledon because he was wetting his underpants from losing to federer and soderling on clay.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
Kieran said:

in that case rafa withdrew from Wimbledon because he was wetting his underpants from losing to federer and soderling on clay.

Hey brother, I only posted that as a reply to Fiero's absurd suggestion that Rafa's injuries were a scam. No need for you to fictionalise Rafa ever fearing Roger because of it... ;)

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
Kieran said:

Hey brother, I only posted that as a reply to Fiero's absurd suggestion that Rafa's injuries were a scam. No need for you to fictionalise Rafa ever fearing Roger because of it... ;)
ok i'll let you off..:)