Best/favorite points of all time

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I’m watching a rerun of this year’s Miami SF between Alcaraz/Sinner and watched that incredible point with Sinner serving at 4-2, 0-15 (see below).

It got me wondering, What are your all-time favorite points?

I’ll begin with this one, with a video in which Tennis TV compiled all camera angles:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I’m watching a rerun of this year’s Miami SF between Alcaraz/Sinner and watched that incredible point with Sinner serving at 4-2, 0-15 (see below).

It got me wondering, What are your all-time favorite points?

I’ll begin with this one, with a video in which Tennis TV compiled all camera angles:

To me that has to be ' the point of the year' in that match between Sinner v Alcaraz SF Miami,, it just took my breath away loll!
Their matches against one another I feel it brings out the best in them, on a high level.I have enjoyed their matches against one another so far in their career's

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran and tented

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
“Magic points” indeed. The 09 final against Roger was a great victory, but the SF was even better.

Yeah, and in the semifinal, both Nadal :rose:& Verdasco :rose:were hot and sexy while in the final only Nadal is :rose: while Federer is meh. :yawningface:

• Haha
Reactions: Kieran

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It’s not even the best point of that match. Check the 2nd point in this video…

That match was a great slugfest, full of terrific play. The reason I chose the one I did, though, is that, per Tented's thread title, it's one of my favorites. I mean it that it has stuck with me. I was trying to describe it to a friend at the time. Verdasco's last shot isn't just in the corner, it's spinning away from the court. Nadal picks it up and spins it in the opposite direction, so that it tails back just inside the line. I love it because the "banana shot" is one of Rafa's signatures. He's broken a lot of hearts with that shot.

When those who are not Nadal fans sometimes complain about how "ugly" his tennis is, and we fans claim that what we love about it is that it's so thrilling, it's these kinds of miraculous shots we're talking about. :rose:

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
if I could have found a clip of it, I would have also posted Federer's backhand passing shot near the end of the 4th set. Might even have been the final point. It gave me such hope at the time. Sports can take you to such highs of hope and joy then devastate the hell out of you in the end:fearful-face:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Now, this is THE best rally of all-time! I mean the difficulty of these shots were off the charts!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Rafa loses the point, but this is still one of the best points I’ve ever seen. It’s incredible Novak got every one of these shots back.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa loses the point, but this is still one of the best points I’ve ever seen. It’s incredible Novak got every one of these shots back.

Yes pushing pushing and more pushing from Pushovic. :yawningface: One of the reasons why pickleball is quickly gaining popularity. :negative:

But some great shots from Rafa and the crowd was cheering him in awe. :clap:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Novak can be incredible when he refuses to concede the lines, and of course I remember this point, but it's rather metronomic. I think it's why people find the contrast between Roger and Rafa more compelling. Personally, I like more cat-and-mouse in a point. Plus, it's more of a dud when a point finishes on an error than on a winner, isn't it? You're welcome to this one, but here's a question, since your thread is about great points: does a great point need to end on a winner?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is one of my favorites... :good:

2pISvcd.gif

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Novak can be incredible when he refuses to concede the lines, and of course I remember this point, but it's rather metronomic. I think it's why people find the contrast between Roger and Rafa more compelling. Personally, I like more cat-and-mouse in a point. Plus, it's more of a dud when a point finishes on an error than on a winner, isn't it?

This point is not a dud. They hit some incredible shots, especially Rafa’s scorching shots out wide, which Novak managed to return. I’ve rewatched this point countless times.

You're welcome to this one,

Thank you for your permission.

but here's a question, since your thread is about great points: does a great point need to end on a winner?

No, a great point can also be won by forcing an error.