"Oxygen Chambers"

S

Sharon Guire

I have recently read that Novak is using an oxygen chamber in a further bid to extend his tight rope hold in Tennis. Even though these chambers are not against the rules, but it does however give him an advantage over other players, as it enables him to recover from his matches much easier, which explains why he never looks tired.
The problem I have with this revelation is what else is he doing that is not being publicly known about relating to his tennis.
When I first heard it was staying away from the usual hotel accommodation at grand slams, I thought it just had more to do with having a child and did no longer want to stay at hotels, but the other day it occurred to me that at the French he was actually staying on an Island, an island where there would be no prying eyes on his private life, but it does give way to thinking that maybe he doesn't want people seeing his Oxygen Chamber because he obviously would be able to have this in hotel room.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Laughing out loud here. Welcome to the boards Sharon. A good friend and one of our original members got onto the "pod" issue a few months ago. As much as it would be nice to think that there was some reason to Novak's success other than hard work, good diet and commitment to always improving... there is no evidence the pod does anything more than have a therapeutic effect.

Here is an article about the company and the creators of the CVAC. http://www.outsideonline.com/1930416/secret-science-novak-djokovics-training-pod

Some of the key points:
1. There is no empirical (scientific) evidence that the pod does anything it's claimed to do.
2. If it actually did improve all that it claimed to, why isn't it selling?
3. The creator lives in a trailer park and dumpster dives for cans and bottles to make money.

Anyway, nice try. Hope you enjoy the article.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
...and so it begins! Nole rules so something sinister must be afoot! I'm nauseated! :rolleyes: :cover

My guess is that after each major win, someone will come trolling. We just have to be ready with the facts.

and a little of this.....

troll-away_zps0e2ab4bf.jpg

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
I recall there being several threads near the end of his USO or AO run where this was discussed ad nauseam.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Laughing out loud here. Welcome to the boards Sharon. A good friend and one of our original members got onto the "pod" issue a few months ago. As much as it would be nice to think that there was some reason to Novak's success other than hard work, good diet and commitment to always improving... there is no evidence the pod does anything more than have a therapeutic effect.

Here is an article about the company and the creators of the CVAC. http://www.outsideonline.com/1930416/secret-science-novak-djokovics-training-pod

Some of the key points:
1. There is no empirical (scientific) evidence that the pod does anything it's claimed to do.
3. The creator lives in a trailer park and dumpster dives for cans and bottles to make money.

I am not trying to be a detractor of Novak here. However, assuming all the key points that you say are true, does not that make anybody who uses these "oxygen chambers" stupid? Just wondering! :puzzled

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
nehmeth said:

Some of the key points:

I am not trying to be a detractor of Novak here. However, assuming all the key points that you say are true, does not that make anybody who uses these "oxygen chambers" stupid? Just wondering! :puzzled

Not many people do use them; that's why the CVAC makers go dumpster diving to pay the bills. You could call them stupid or eccentric or whatever you want.