[Colin Chambers] Drug Testing: Would you postpone a breath test

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Colin Chambers' latest blog.

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/blogs/colin-chambers/drug-testing-would-you-postpone-a-breath-test/

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: Colin Chambers: Drug Testing: Would you postpone a breath test

Well, it's a good point, although Troiki concluded that he might actually end up in hospital if he took the test. Elsewhere I read that he has a clinical aversion to needles. Then I read he took the test the following day, presumably overcoming his aversion.

One thing I didn't like about the Troiki escapade is the behaviour of his coach, who was reprimanded by the ITF for being dishonest and basically saying anything that would get Troiki out of trouble. It's a pity he didn't have that policy on the day this happened, and applied it to Victor himself. If Troiki had nothing to hide, his coach should have been the first to step in and insist he take the test and not leave himself open to a few loose ends.

He was negligent, and Troiki got what he deserved...

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions

britbox said:
Colin Chambers' latest blog.

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/blogs/colin-chambers/drug-testing-would-you-postpone-a-breath-test/

We can make fun of the situation as much as we like but the fact is that the doctor didn't act according to her duties, that several people including her were dishonest at the hearing, that Irish judge who was supposed to be independent was anything but that, etc.

So, as No1e implies, plenty of corruption in the case.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions

Kieran said:
Well, it's a good point, although Troiki concluded that he might actually end up in hospital if he took the test. Elsewhere I read that he has a clinical aversion to needles. Then I read he took the test the following day, presumably overcoming his aversion.

One thing I didn't like about the Troiki escapade is the behaviour of his coach, who was reprimanded by the ITF for being dishonest and basically saying anything that would get Troiki out of trouble. It's a pity he didn't have that policy on the day this happened, and applied it to Victor himself. If Troiki had nothing to hide, his coach should have been the first to step in and insist he take the test and not leave himself open to a few loose ends.

He was negligent, and Troiki got what he deserved...

I would be surprise to come here and read your comment that doesn't show you as someone uninformed, judgmental and opinionated.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

So show me where I'm wrong.

And by the way, you're the guy who ran a thread about Rafa "doping" that was further along the deceit chain from "uninformed, judgemental and opinionated...."

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Kieran said:
So show me where I'm wrong.

And by the way, you're the guy who ran a thread about Rafa "doping" that was further along the deceit chain from "uninformed, judgemental and opinionated...."

This is priceless, well done.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

when is troicki's appeal against his much deserved 18 months ban happening ??.

everyone is really getting bored with his dismal and dishevelled moaning and whining.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

JesuslookslikeBorg. said:

everyone is really getting bored with his dismal and dishevelled moaning and whining.

According to Steve Tignor, "Troicki’s appeal of the ITF’s decision was heard this week by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which says it should have a decision within a month..."

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Kieran said:
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:

According to Steve Tignor, "Troicki’s appeal of the ITF’s decision was heard this week by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which says it should have a decision within a month..."

right, thanks.