Nole on Letterman

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8-SLMxCO1k[/video]

It's hard to find one complete link of the appearance, but several segments are consolidated here. This includes a video of him leaving Rockafeller Center and signing autographs, holding a baby, etc. I especially like the cop you can hear, in his New York-ese, who keeps saying, "Take it easy! Take it easy!" :)

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Frankly I wish they would stop asking him how he grew up as pretty much everybody knows he didn't have an easy time. Maybe it's just because I heard or read about it a million times (and lived) that it annoys me a bit. Not a mention about the marriage and the baby.:cry

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
Frankly I wish they would stop asking him how he grew up as pretty much everybody knows he didn't have an easy time. Maybe it's just because I heard or read about it a million times (and lived) that it annoys me a bit. Not a mention about the marriage and the baby.:cry

I think you have to take on board that doing Letterman is presenting his story (and his personality) to a wider and non-tennis audience. It opens him up to a larger fan-base. We all know the stories, but non-tennis fans don't. Obviously, he's shilling for the USO. But he's reaching people that don't give 2 ticks about tennis, or Roger or Rafa. But if some folks watching like him, and his story, and if he goes deep into the USO, or wins, as both are likely, you have new fans.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I understand why they do it, Moxie, I just want something new;) He was very articulate as always and he looked good, so it's all well.:)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
I understand why they do it, Moxie, I just want something new;) He was very articulate as always and he looked good, so it's all well.:)

When they go wide-audience, there isn't going to be anything new. But, he was great. And I would say part of the exercise was to win over new fans. I'd say: Mission Accomplished. :)