Muzza!

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
I think he will be ok for DC even if he plays/goes deep in Paris & London ;)
Not that GB plays against Swiss/Serbia in DC finals ;)
He is in top form (physically for sure) and he played very well on mud this year ;)
He will be fine and GB is huuuuge favorite even if he skips doubles!

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
I never saw the logic in him skipping it, he doesn't need to take two weeks rest to win against the players he's likely to face in the DC. He beat Tsonga, Simon and won doubles straight after Wimbledon, this is a much smaller challenge.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
TennisFanatic7 said:
I never saw the logic in him skipping it, he doesn't need to take two weeks rest to win against the players he's likely to face in the DC. He beat Tsonga, Simon and won doubles straight after Wimbledon, this is a much smaller challenge.

True, but I'm sure he doesn't want to take any chances. He'll be playing three days in a row, maybe Goffin for all the marbles so he doesn't want to be exhausted. The court differences is a non-issue for Andy I think

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lots of good for Murray today!

He absolutely beat the fire out of Goffin today, winning 6-1, 6-0 in a preview of the Davis Cup coming up in three weeks. The DC will be on clay and in front of a Belgian crowd so it won't be that easy, but you have to feel good about that match up now.

Isner upset Federer so Murray now has a 700 point lead over Fed for the No. 2 spot. Murray has finished 4th 5 times and 3rd once in the Year-End rankings but never No. 2. He has a good chance to do that now.

He'll face Gasquet (H2H 6-3), and if he wins that, either Ferrer (H2H 10-6) or Isner H2H 5-0) for a spot in the final.

Muzza!

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Very interesting. We probably need to check for hanging chads.

Murray%20vs%20Federer%20Poll_zpsvetrim3j.png

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think so. One of them reached two slam finals, and hammered the other at every opportunity...

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Andy Murray is 1-10 in his last eleven outings against Djokovic. He plays tough against the little guys, but hasn't found his way over the hump since Lendl dumped him.

Today, down 0-2, he won the next three games. He was dictating play and executing off both sides. Then Novak got his teeth back into it and Andy was pressing again. The match was pretty much over at 3-3 in the second.

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
The Muzz is getting look like just another Ferrer, always near the top, never on top.

lacatch

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Mile said:
The Muzz is getting look like just another Ferrer, always near the top, never on top.

Except that Andy has won two Majors and an Olympic Gold Medal!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
lacatch said:
Mile said:

Except that Andy has won two Majors and an Olympic Gold Medal!

Agreed. And he also has 11 Masters 1000 shields to Ferrer's 1.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/players/andy-murray/mc10/titles-and-finals

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
dayum...

Now there's some true devotion right there. Top that...or rather bottom that Fedalovic fans! :snicker

CTkPUyHUcAAPUyC.jpg

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:

:puzzled

If he had respect for Andy, he would have put the tat over his heart, on his arm, or even his back.

On his backside?? He sits on Andy's face every day, several times a day. That's not really the "seat" of honor.

Dude must have been drunk

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Andy beats Ferrer 6-4, 6-4 in his first match at the WTF and is now one match win away from securing his first ever No. 2 ranking finish. Just got to beat Rafa or Stan. Piece of cake! lol

Article

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
TennisFanatic7 said:
Looked in nice form today, Davis Cup is more important though because Andy isn't beating Nole or likely Federer on this surface

Get one more win, get that No. 2 spot, make the semifinals and then win the Davis Cup. I'll be happy with that.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It was disappointing a bit that Murray didn't make the semifinals, but it's not a big surprise when clearly his mind was on the Davis Cup this year. And with Federer's lossin the final, Andy finishes in the Year-End rankings at No. 2 for the first time ever. If you're going to go for the greatest to never be ranked No. 1, that would be one of the criteria so he got that.

Now just go win that Davis Cup!