Muzza!

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Showing some appreciation and support for Andy Murray; Grand Slam Champion, Olympic Champion, member of "The Big Four" and affectionately known as "Muzza". Supporting, cheering, rooting, and all things for Andy Murray are welcome.

As of November 29, 2015:

Two Grand Slam Championships
Six Grand Slam Runner-Ups
Eleven Master 1000 Titles
One Olympic Gold Medal
One Olympic Silver Medal
Five 500 Titles
Sixteen 250 Titles

Highest Ranking: No. 2 (August 17, 2009)
Highest Year-End Finish: No. 2 (2015)
Year's in Top Ten: Eight
Tour Win-Loss Record: 549-163 (77.1%)

Murray%2034_zpscuygss6o.jpg

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I still prefer the body parts thread.

Great Hands

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Awesome post Kirijax! - love the photos! :)

And just to state one last time - I'm not trying to stifle debate or criticism of Andy. I contributed to discussion in the previous Andy thread. I just felt the balance of the discussion was overly negative - along with the title of the thread that had become, though not your intention, the default Andy discussion thread.

Great Hands

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
And just to state one last time - my posts in the previous Murray thread were not advocating some sort of 'no criticism of Murray' policy. I contributed to discussion in the previous Andy thread. I just felt the balance of the discussion was overly negative, and that, because the thread seemed to have become, though not the original poster's intention, the default Andy discussion thread, the thread title was rather biased towards the negative, and invited only negative comments. [- along with the title of the thread that had become, though not your intention, the default Andy discussion thread.] but all hail free speech, and both cricism and praise of al paleyrs! :)

So your new thread is very welcome!

then seemed to become the default thread for discussing Murray, but with a negative title that invites only negative comments, even though that was not part of the original poster's intention,

people may have seen this already from last (week), but no one mentioned it here that i cld see, and i thought it was amusing, so i'll post it here.
'fed joins andy's q and a session.

Great Hands

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
And just to state one last time - my posts in the previous Murray thread were not advocating some sort of 'no criticism of Murray' policy. I contributed to discussion in the previous Andy thread. I just felt the balance of the discussion was overly negative, and that, because the thread seemed to have become, though not the original poster's intention, the default Andy discussion thread, the thread title was rather biased towards the negative, and invited only negative comments. But all hail free speech, and both criticism and praise of all players! :)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Greathand, I am amzed by your success in armtwisting Kirijax into creating this thread. :exclamation:

Great Hands

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Greathand, I am amzed by your success in armtwisting Kirijax into creating this thread. :exclamation:

I assure you no arms were harmed in the starting of this thread - Kirijax did it all on his own! ;):)

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I would also add: Second greatest player in the ATP rankings era never to be ranked #1, after Guillermo Vilas, who may (and should) end up with a #1 ranking for 1977.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Great Hands said:
And just to state one last time - my posts in the previous Murray thread were not advocating some sort of 'no criticism of Murray' policy. I contributed to discussion in the previous Andy thread. I just felt the balance of the discussion was overly negative, and that, because the thread seemed to have become, though not the original poster's intention, the default Andy discussion thread, the thread title was rather biased towards the negative, and invited only negative comments. But all hail free speech, and both criticism and praise of all players! :)

Easy, Great Hands, this is not the Spanish Inquisition. But don´t you dare to criticise The Mighty Federer....

Great Hands

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
mrzz said:
Great Hands said:

Easy, Great Hands, this is not the Spanish Inquisition. But don´t you dare to criticise The Mighty Federer....

Does that include caricatures? ;)

Great Hands

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
mrzz said:
Great Hands said:

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
No arm twisting happened. But I have been promised to have my wife and children returned safely to me by Sunday. :snicker

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Great Hands said:

Caricatures are allowed, if and only if in some good looking angles, with the wind blowing the hair in a noble and elegant direction.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kirijax said:
No arm twisting happened. But I have been promised to have my wife and children returned safely to me by Sunday. :snicker

Thanks for the info on Murray; will post it on my blog! Not the pics though! :snicker :p :angel:

http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2014/11/whats-up-topics-14-entries-1114-on.html?showComment=1426977060885#c7885638446479541355

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I've seen this brought up before but I really wonder sometimes if Andy Murray could work with Mats Wilander. Wilander really worked on his backhand slice and net game as he tired to get to number No.1 He finally achieved it with one of the most impressive Grand Slam seasons ever in the Open era. Murray could really benefit from Wilander's game plan and way to approach a match. And he did have a winning record against Murray's former coach in Grand Slam finals. :cool:

Great Hands

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Murray also needs to hire a sports psychologist.

Murray has mentioned several times recently that he is currently working with one.

By the way, today, Murray was for most of the match calm and composed - not much shouting or chuntering, but he lost badly. He can also often chunter and be irritable, and play great and win. I maintain that his mental issues are overrated. I think they are a little bit of a red herring. When he loses, it's usually because he is simply outplayed.