Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, 2024 - WTA 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If IGA the BEST of her generation it's not by much because Saba on that version of clay was every bit as good. However your @tossip point is understood..
No I disagree Iga is streets ahead on clay than Saba? I can post her results if you like
Saba is better on a fast clay court like Madrid or an indoor fast clay court like Stuggart that is all.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
No I disagree Iga is streets ahead on clay than Saba? I can post her results if you like
Saba is better on a fast clay court like Madrid or an indoor fast clay court like Stuggart that is all.
Again, you are not reading my posts clearly, I said on "this version of clay" not regular clay

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Big improvement for Madrid with their newly designed trophies thank goodness
When that Evil Tiriac was in charge they looked like Toilet Brushes you would clean your toilet with UGH
Classy winners speech from Iga as well

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Iga today showed the world why she is number one.Her composure and grace under fire was superb.Today Iga convinced me that she is the best of her generation ..never wavered.She can skip Rome if she wants..

I guess I don't watch enough! I keep wondering how Iga allows herself to get into trouble & need to save multiple MP's to win a final? IMO, she's so much better than the rest, but continues to fall behind or drop matches to Arnya, Coco, & Elena who aren't as consistent! :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :angry-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I guess I don't watch enough! I keep wondering how Iga allows herself to get into trouble & need to save multiple MP's to win a final? IMO, she's so much better than the rest, but continues to fall behind or drop matches to Arnya, Coco, & Elena who aren't as consistent! :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :angry-face:
Yes you dont watch womens tennis enough to comment :)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I guess I don't watch enough! I keep wondering how Iga allows herself to get into trouble & need to save multiple MP's to win a final! IMO she's so much better than the rest, but continues to fall behind or drop matches to Arnya, Coco, & Elena who aren't that consistent! :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:
The altitude, the fake clay and the colder temperatures played a lot to why Saba's game played so much better vs IGA..

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The altitude, the fake clay and the colder temperatures played a lot to why Saba's game played so much better vs IGA..
When he decides to watch womens tennis and understand why Iga is soo resilence when it matters like today in this match, can have a conversation , he must be bored that is all I can say:) oh wait Novak is coming back in Roma with a weak field :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga Swiatek now has won all the 3 big clay titles in her career
Madrid 2024
Rome, 2021, 2022
French Open 2020,2022, 2023
Just the 4th player to do it after Serena Williams, Sharapova and Halep

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tell ya the truth, I became I bigger admirer of Aryna's talents because she really hits the ball everyone's desires to hit..all her balls are so deep and she puts so much pressure on her opponents.
Saba was also good,and this match showed us that there is not much of a gap between 1 and 2.They both managed this match as champions, their maturity and composure was great.I guess with experience everything becomes clearer.Well done to both of them...

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
FAA may not be the favorite but if he can play his game he should be able to be the grinder in the big hair dude.
FAA is not very confident at the moment.I hope they give us a good match .I think big hair is going to win because he is playing better.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sabalenka said she is flying to Rome tomorrow and it is her 26th birthday, Happy Birthday Saba, you may have lost the match today, but you went down fighting and can be 100% proud of yourself!
You played Collins, Rybakina and Swiatek in the same tournament and you still managed to be 1 point away from winning the title!