Mike Tyson and Dennis Rodman endorse Donald Trump for president.....

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

In American history textbooks, one often reads that the British sent their riff-raff and never-do-wells to the United States. Does that make the textbooks "racist" against British people and England?

Nothing Trump said is untrue. He did not make his point in the most articulate manner possible, but it is simply an undeniable, well-documented fact that there have been thousands of sexual assaults committed in recent decades by illegal immigrants and that American citizens have been victimized by this criminality. The Texas Department of Public Safety recorded just under 8,000 sexual assaults committed by illegal immigrants between 2008 and 2014 alone. Numerous people have also written on the brutality of the drug cartels and the thousands of people who have been killed in recent years in Mexico because of them. What Trump said about drugs pouring in also true, and that issue won him New Hampshire because of the heroin epidemic there. You have to be a very emotional, biased, and prejudiced person to construe Trump's words as being "anti-Mexican" per se. His words were an attack on the Mexican government for funneling its poor into the United States to alleviate the pressures and dysfunction within its own society. Like Trump said, Mexico is not sending its best people with the massive influx of illegal immigrants. This isn't too hard to figure out. Does the concept of legality have any significance to you? What does it say about a government when it deliberately pushes millions of its own people into a neighboring country illegally?

Also, for all of Latin America's positive aspects, one of the downsides is that it truly is one of the most violent regions of the world. Not everything in Latin America is about great food, exciting literature, lively music, sultry actresses, and soccer matches. There is an undercurrent of dysfunctionality there that drives so many people into the United States. And the lily white pansies who push the cause of mass illegal immigration are the last people in the world who are capable of dealing with gang bangers and hardcore street thugs.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
You've tried this one before. Just because a person is famous doesn't make them a political pundit, nor does it make them a spokesperson for their race. For sure, at least Mike Tyson and Dennis Rodman are fairly whacked. No surprise they like the Donald. But none of these people necessarily shares anything with every day black people, any more than they share anything with every day white people, latinos, etc. Mike Tyson bit a guy's ear off, Dennis Rodman loves the leader of North Korea and wears a dress, and...OK, you're right I don't know so much about Terrell Owens, but he's a millionaire athlete. It's actually more racist to pick out a couple of other like-minded media-hogs who happen to be black and say, "See? He's not racist." And to be clear, his stated racist policies don't so much really have to do with blacks. He's much more anti-latino and Muslim. He has also been outrageously denigrating to women. All of that still makes him a racist, an exclusionist, and a threat to reasonable conversation and good governance.

Great post, Moxie, and you're right Mike Tyson, Dennis Rodman and Terrell Owens aren't considered barometers of class and taste for many black people at all. Trump is a racist, exclusionist and a thread to governance everywhere. Not to mention that his wife has nude photos all over the internet, and the GOP had so much to say about Michelle Obama wearing a sleeveless dress! The double standards are hilarious.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great post, Moxie, and you're right Mike Tyson, Dennis Rodman and Terrell Owens aren't considered barometers of class and taste for many black people at all. Trump is a racist, exclusionist and a thread to governance everywhere. Not to mention that his wife has nude photos all over the internet, and the GOP had so much to say about Michelle Obama wearing a sleeveless dress! The double standards are hilarious.

Who is considered a barometer of class and taste for black people? Al Sharpton? The man who has organized anti-Semitic riots on numerous occasions and libeled various people? Is that classy and tasteful?

How about Larry Wilmore? The man who brought the most guttural low-class vibe to the President's Correspondence Dinner anyone may have ever seen? His jokes were so nasty that Don Lemon gave him the middle finger for everyone to see. Is Wilmore classy and tasteful?

Actually, the most classy and tasteful black man in American politics today is Ben Carson by far. He is an accomplished neurosurgeon with a degree from Yale. Unlike Sharpton and Wilmore, he has actually done some valuable things in helping people's lives. And guess what? He has endorsed Donald Trump for president. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And you want to talk about double standards? How about the fact that Bill Clinton was accused of rape by 6 different women and no one talks about it? How about the fact that Bill Clinton worked for an open segregationist during the 1960s (Senator Fulbright) and never gets asked about it while Trump - an NYC-Las Vegas-Florida businessman - is asked to disavow David Duke when he has never even met the man.

Don't even begin to bring up double standards.

Also, if you can't see the difference between a provocative photo shoot and dressing well for a formal dinner, then you are not someone who can properly judge matters of taste. There are plenty of women out there who have exposed themselves in revealing photo shoots but then dressed appropriately for formal gatherings. To take a non-white example, someone like Deepika Padukone in India has gotten plenty of racy photographs taken of her on the internet but in formal settings she knows how to comport herself. You are comparing apples and oranges.

And if Donald Trump was a racist against minorities, he wouldn't put out ads like this. Btw, he brought this black father out on stage during the Costa Mesa rally that was protested by the pro-North Korea PSL group:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought Larry Wilmore was ok, but the President was much funnier.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Am I missing something here?? The Mexican government has been deliberately sending illegal immigrants to the United States? This is news... or a blatant falsehood, which is it I wonder?

@Moxie I thought Obama was absolutely hilarious. The guy has a real talent :)

Reactions: Moxie

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought Larry Wilmore was ok, but the President was much funnier.

Like I have said many times, Barack Obama is the wet dream of white leftists. He isn't actually black, racially or in terms of experience, and he kept his Muslim middle name because he has a sweet spot for Islam (even though to Islam's credit, it does not condone gay marriage or transgendered rights the way Barry Boy does). It is also comical to see Obama of all people say that Trump isn't a serious candidate, as if Obama himself is a serious person or a serious intellect of any kind. He says that Trump does not have substance on foreign policy, yet Trump has the proper understanding of NATO and Obama is the idiot who called ISIS the "JV team." I also find it funny when the likes of Obama or Ben Shapiro poke fun at Trump's business failings when they have never spent a day in the private sector. And, of course, it is too much to ask for them to acknowledge any of his business successes.

Barack Obama was a community organizer who has belittled businessmen for greed his whole life, and he has the audacity to poke fun at Trump over business failings? What a tool.

Barack Obama is the perfect exemplar of the mediocrity and incoherence of the current ruling establishment of the United States. Slovenly deserves what slovenly gets. Cali out (mic drop to you too, you wannabe ghetto douche bag.)

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Am I missing something here?? The Mexican government has been deliberately sending illegal immigrants to the United States? This is news... or a blatant falsehood, which is it I wonder?

How is that a blatant falsehood? The Mexican government treats illegal immigrants from Guatemala and Honduras so severely that Human Rights Watch called it a humanitarian crisis. The Mexican leaders are total hypocrites and very often tied in with serious criminals.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Who is considered a barometer of class and taste for black people? Al Sharpton? The man who has organized anti-Semitic riots on numerous occasions and libeled various people? Is that classy and tasteful?

How about Larry Wilmore? The man who brought the most guttural low-class vibe to the President's Correspondence Dinner anyone may have ever seen? His jokes were so nasty that Don Lemon gave him the middle finger for everyone to see. Is Wilmore classy and tasteful?

Actually, the most classy and tasteful black man in American politics today is Ben Carson by far. He is an accomplished neurosurgeon with a degree from Yale. Unlike Sharpton and Wilmore, he has actually done some valuable things in helping people's lives. And guess what? He has endorsed Donald Trump for president. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And you want to talk about double standards? How about the fact that Bill Clinton was accused of rape by 6 different women and no one talks about it? How about the fact that Bill Clinton worked for an open segregationist during the 1960s (Senator Fulbright) and never gets asked about it while Trump - an NYC-Las Vegas-Florida businessman - is asked to disavow David Duke when he has never even met the man.

Don't even begin to bring up double standards.

Also, if you can't see the difference between a provocative photo shoot and dressing well for a formal dinner, then you are not someone who can properly judge matters of taste. There are plenty of women out there who have exposed themselves in revealing photo shoots but then dressed appropriately for formal gatherings. To take a non-white example, someone like Deepika Padukone in India has gotten plenty of racy photographs taken of her on the internet but in formal settings she knows how to comport herself. You are comparing apples and oranges.

And if Donald Trump was a racist against minorities, he wouldn't put out ads like this. Btw, he brought this black father out on stage during the Costa Mesa rally that was protested by the pro-North Korea PSL group:

Ha ha ha, at Ben Carson. I can't...LOLOLOL! When I saw that dummy's name I had to stop reading because I was choking on my tears and laughter.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ha ha ha, at Ben Carson. I can't...LOLOLOL! When I saw that dummy's name I had to stop reading because I was choking on my tears and laughter.

Okay, so Carson is dumb? How did he have a successful career as a neurosurgeon then? Do they allow dummies to sign up for that?

Your problem is that you really don't know anything. All you have is emotion and prejudice to go off of.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like I have said many times, Barack Obama is the wet dream of white leftists. He isn't actually black, racially or in terms of experience, and he kept his Muslim middle name because he has a sweet spot for Islam (even though to Islam's credit, it does not condone gay marriage or transgendered rights the way Barry Boy does). It is also comical to see Obama of all people say that Trump isn't a serious candidate, as if Obama himself is a serious person or a serious intellect of any kind. He says that Trump does not have substance on foreign policy, yet Trump has the proper understanding of NATO and Obama is the idiot who called ISIS the "JV team." I also find it funny when the likes of Obama or Ben Shapiro poke fun at Trump's business failings when they have never spent a day in the private sector. And, of course, it is too much to ask for them to acknowledge any of his business successes.

Barack Obama was a community organizer who has belittled businessmen for greed his whole life, and he has the audacity to poke fun at Trump over business failings? What a tool.

Barack Obama is the perfect exemplar of the mediocrity and incoherence of the current ruling establishment of the United States. Slovenly deserves what slovenly gets. Cali out (mic drop to you too, you wannabe ghetto douche bag.)
"Cali out" on the topic? One can only hope. Obama is not "actually black, racially or in terms of experience?" Now I know you like to define terms in your own way, but this is a stretch. "Black" is kind of a weird word, as it doesn't describe the color of most people's skin, or barely any. But African-American makes sense, and he clearly is. Plus, you have no idea what it is or has been like to live in his skin, and I'm sure you haven't read his books, so you lose that point.

His middle name is Hussein. It just is. Why shouldn't he keep it? Or why should he deny it? I don't know that it shows a "sweet spot" for Islam, but his life experiences could imply a generosity of spirit to another culture and religion. That's not a bad thing. Particularly in a world leader. You, however, display a great distain for an entire group of people in your Islamophobia. So I don't think you get points for that one, either.

"...as if Obama himself is a serious person or a serious intellect of any kind." Hmmm. I don't think you're going to get a lot of takers on that one.

As to underestimating Trump, and the seriousness of his candidacy? Plenty of people would have lost money on that bet, but it's not incumbent on the Democrats to deal with it, yet. It's the Republicans that are freaking out. Obama was hitting a big and easy target at a roast. I think it was all in the spirit of the evening.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Cali out" on the topic? One can only hope. Obama is not "actually black, racially or in terms of experience?" Now I know you like to define terms in your own way, but this is a stretch. "Black" is kind of a weird word, as it doesn't describe the color of most people's skin, or barely any. But African-American makes sense, and he clearly is. Plus, you have no idea what it is or has been like to live in his skin, and I'm sure you haven't read his books, so you lose that point.

His middle name is Hussein. It just is. Why shouldn't he keep it? Or why should he deny it? I don't know that it shows a "sweet spot" for Islam, but his life experiences could imply a generosity of spirit to another culture and religion. That's not a bad thing. Particularly in a world leader. You, however, display a great distain for an entire group of people in your Islamophobia. So I don't think you get points for that one, either.

"...as if Obama himself is a serious person or a serious intellect of any kind." Hmmm. I don't think you're going to get a lot of takers on that one.

As to underestimating Trump, and the seriousness of his candidacy? Plenty of people would have lost money on that bet, but it's not incumbent on the Democrats to deal with it, yet. It's the Republicans that are freaking out. Obama was hitting a big and easy target at a roast. I think it was all in the spirit of the evening.

First things first. Like Federberg, you are completely ignorant about Islam. Have you ever read hadiths? Have you ever read Ibn Ishaq's biography of Muhammad? Have you ever read any Islamic jurisprudence? No, no, and no. If you did, you would see that it is entirely rational to have concerns about massive Islamic immigration and jihadist doctrine (not to mention the massive wealth of evidence provided in the last 15 years of what is going on in the world). When it comes to Islam and many other topics, your problem is simply ignorance and cultural illiteracy. You lack knowledge, plain and simple. There are some ways in which "fear" makes sense and others in which it does not. As the Europeans have learned in recent years, there is ample reason to have concerns about Islamic immigration. That is the rational position of well-informed, well-read, well-educated, and knowledgeable people, a description which disqualifies all members of the Democratic Party in the United States.

As for the middle name. The problem is that Obama has made a claim throughout his life to being a Christian. No serious Christian would ever keep that name. If you know people from India, for example, you would know that when their families convert from Hinduism to Christianity they almost always adopt Christian names. And they do this without Hinduism being a historic rival to Christianity either. By keeping his middle name as that of the son of Muhammad's cousin, Obama is making a very clear statement about his lack of conviction about Christianity and his cultural affinity toward Islam. Muslims don't go around with names like Mohammed Peter Al-Abadi. This affinity is in many ways hypocritical (Islam does not condone his beloved LGBT movement), but it still shows where his prejudices lie.

Third, Obama spent his formative years in Indonesia, as Carson pointed out. He claims that he spent his youth as an oppressed black and that he relates to the black experience. This is laughable. How do you relate to the American black experience if you are in Indonesia as a child? I doubt that you as a white female from Maryland would say that you relate to the Arab female experience of Omanis and Qataris. Although, with your beliefs, you would probably get thrown into the Gulf of Oman and we would never hear about you again. The religion of peace would do a job on you.

Furthermore, Obama has been coddled and celebrated his entire life by white leftists like yourself. His career was made for him. He went into fields of study where the left predominates and his identity would be celebrated. People like yourself feel decent, moral, and wholesome at the sight of Obama. He provides you moral self-justification and makes you feel like you are a nice, "generous" person for supporting him. He is the ultimate multicultural symbol for whites who have rejected their Christian heritage: he is biracial and he bears a middle name from the religion that has been Christianity's greatest historic enemy. Couldn't be better, could it? Obama has been told his whole life by white leftists rooting for him that he is brilliant and articulate when he is neither. When he is talking off the cuff, he constantly stutters and searches for words, almost as much as Bush even. In his recent interview with Chris Wallace, he used the words "basically" and "stuff" in the space of about 8 words. I don't think this is an indicator of a highly educated orator.

As for being generous toward other groups, Obama is just as culturally illiterate as the retarded Bernie Sanders supporters. He does not know any foreign languages and he clearly has no familiarity with the greatest works of history and literature that created the civilization he is riding the coattails of. Hopping on planes, eating at dozens of McDonald's, and going to shake hands with foreign leaders doesn't make you cosmopolitan. It just means that you are using modern transportation. It's easy to get some artificial friendly looks from foreign leaders when you are sitting on the greatest arsenal of weapons of mass destruction the world has ever seen. That is nothing to write home about.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

That was one of the dumbest satires I have ever seen. But perfectly representative of the cultural illiterates who predominate in American academia and journalism. The people who rise in American cultural and media circles think they are independent, well-informed minds when they are not.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This imam must be Islamophobic. Doesn't he know about the real Islam?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As for the middle name. The problem is that Obama has made a claim throughout his life to being a Christian. No serious Christian would ever keep that name.

IMO, no serious Christian would take his given name as any reflection on his faith, whatever it was. It's just a gift from his parents.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Obama spent his formative years in Indonesia, as Carson pointed out. He claims that he spent his youth as an oppressed black and that he relates to the black experience. This is laughable. How do you relate to the American black experience if you are in Indonesia as a child?

As I mentioned, you clearly have not read Obama's books. He was in Indonesia parts of ages 6-10. The majority of his youth was spent in Hawaii...a place with a lot of tension over who qualifies as local, and otherwise ethnic admixtures. If you think the only tensions across racial and ethnic lines in this country are black/white, you are not paying attention.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I see yet more insults and inaccurate claims.

Why should spending a few years in foreign countries mean that a black American doesn't know what it is to be black American. That's absurd! Carson made that comment to try to lay claim to being more "black" than Obama, to take anything more from that is bias pure and simple.

What does a name given to an individual at birth have to do with the faith they follow? Absolutely nothing. A statement that makes me question the basic understanding of religion

I can only laugh about Obama's 'cultural illiteracy'. Presumably Trump is better? Wow!

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I really don't like seemingly "smart, funny, educated" people who don't really say anything of essence. Or say one thing and behave certain way publicly and do and are exactly the opposite away from public. One of the reasons I don't like politicians is just that: they smooth talk and bullshit publicly but are nothing like that behind the scenes. Which basically makes them liars. The smoother the talkers, the better the liars.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I see yet more insults and inaccurate claims.

Why should spending a few years in foreign countries mean that a black American doesn't know what it is to be black American. That's absurd! Carson made that comment to try to lay claim to being more "black" than Obama, to take anything more from that is bias pure and simple.

What does a name given to an individual at birth have to do with the faith they follow? Absolutely nothing. A statement that makes me question the basic understanding of religion

I can only laugh about Obama's 'cultural illiteracy'. Presumably Trump is better? Wow!

No Federberg, if someone grew up in inner city Detroit (which everyone acknowledges is an utter hellhole) as an impoverished black youth, that is quite different than growing up in Indonesia or Hawaii. You yourself talk about the supposed injustice and unfairness that American blacks suffer through. Are you speaking about the young Ben Carsons of the world or residents of Hawaii?

Carson's point is legitimate. Carson made this remark when he was all but eliminated from the Republican race and about to drop out. He wasn't 1-on-1 with Obama competing for black votes. He was more so competing for Republican votes, which are overwhelmingly white. Being the most black candidate does not help with Tea Party voters. So maybe you should take Carson's word for it. Carson's experience growing up was much closer to Michael Brown's or Trayvon Martin's than Obama's was.

The point about Obama's middle name is that it is indelibly Islamic. When people convert to Islam, they often change their given names to Islamic ones like "Hussein" to show that they are now Muslims. But when Obama became "Christian" in a nation of mostly Christians, he held on to the name the prophet Muhammad gave to his grandson. This isn't to say that he is a Muslim (he most certainly does not have Islamic beliefs), but it is to say that he has knowingly clung to that name for show and that white leftists have enjoyed every minute of his political rise because of it. It is highly symbolic for them.

When it comes to cultural illiteracy, Trump certainly qualifies as a dolt. He has solid patriotic instincts and a savvy business sense, but he is also very much a product of contemporary American culture. As Cruz said, he is, culturally speaking, a Democrat. The Democrats can denounce him all they want, but they have fraternized with him for years. There is hardly anyone in America today who is culturally literate. Neither Obama nor Trump qualify. That is for damn sure.